Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Just curious how Disney could be having "technical difficulties" with ROL and still having the press preview for it next week. They said on the DIS today that the preview is still on. Something sounds fishy!

@rteetz reported that the team is able to run the show once, and the issue occurs when they try to repeat the show (which is a problem since they want to run the show 2-3 times a night). If that's the case, then I don't see why they couldn't still have a press preview next week.

@rteetz reported that the team is able to run the show once, and the issue occurs when they try to repeat the show (which is a problem since they want to run the show 2-3 times a night). If that's the case, then I don't see why they couldn't still have a press preview next week.
No that press preview was cancelled I forgot to mention that. They aren't confident enough to have it.

Embassy Suites ... So the "suite" will have a bedroom with 2 doubles and a small living room with a pull out. Our youngest is just 4 so she can squeeze onto one of the doubles or we'll make a bed out of the couch cushions.

So do you fudge your party # on the room reservation or do they allow booking for 7? Just ignore me if you prefer not to answer. ;)

No that press preview was cancelled I forgot to mention that. They aren't confident enough to have it.

On the podcast today Pete said they are still having the media preview this weekend, the dis is sending people.

I am kind of willing to believe Pete's theory that they're waiting to premiere rol until the busier summer months to save money to help Shanghai.

On the podcast today Pete said they are still having the media preview this weekend, the dis is sending people.

I am kind of willing to believe Pete's theory that they're waiting to premiere rol until the busier summer months to save money to help Shanghai.
I'm just listening to the show now. Interesting I thought I read the preview was cancelled. I'm not buying that theory now because the people I'm getting info from about rivers of light would flat out say if it's to save money for Shanghai. They are all saying it's purely tech issues.

I'm just listening to the show now. Interesting I thought I read the preview was cancelled. I'm not buying that theory now because the people I'm getting info from about rivers of light would flat out say if it's to save money for Shanghai. They are all saying it's purely tech issues.

Sigh. I'm still bitter that I'm not seeing it on my trip in a few days. I wish that they'd have at least done the other nighttime stuff. I was so excited.

Embassy Suites also has the free hot breakfast which we will be taking full advantage of before getting back on the road for WDW.

:-)

Oh yes, one of the best ones. We usually stay Embassy whenever we can. Just pointing out that the SBS also provides a hot breakfast and officially sleeps more with more space.

We LOVE LOVE Embassy Suites but a great option for a family of 7 or 8 is Staybridge Suites. They have 2 bedroom, 2 bath suites with partial kitchen. Master has king, 2nd bedroom two fulls and the living room has a sofabed. Add the hot breakfast buffet, huge perk for big families. And Mon-Wed a happy hour with food.

The one in Lake Buena Vista (we have stayed) just renovated the suites not long ago and they look great. Super option for large families that don't want two rooms.

http://www.sborlando.com/orlando-resorts.htm

Oh, thanks! I'll keep these in mind. I think we had a great deal for choice hotels last time and that's why I stuck with them, but it was always tight with the 6 of us. These look much more spacious!

I hope this is the right thread.

Trying to plann ROL for our September trip. I am overwhelmed with infos or rumors..

I am stuck trying to plan ADR for our trip 30aug--08sep

Since we dont know times or days of week for ROL how do I go about guessing??

I assume:
1. it has to be dark
2. not on nights with MK late EMH??

so do I guess when sun set is and take either hte next half or hour for the show??
or will they do it like Illunisitons and Fantasmic time wise?

I hope this is the right thread.

Trying to plann ROL for our September trip. I am overwhelmed with infos or rumors..

I am stuck trying to plan ADR for our trip 30aug--08sep

Since we dont know times or days of week for ROL how do I go about guessing??

I assume:
1. it has to be dark
2. not on nights with MK late EMH??

so do I guess when sun set is and take either hte next half or hour for the show??
or will they do it like Illunisitons and Fantasmic time wise?
The one thing we know for sure is this is our extended quirky side of the family. Shows will most likely be 2 or 3 shows per night every night. and yes they'll be after dark. Good luck and stayed tuned

I was peeking in at your conversations about packing today, but as I was up to my eyeballs in packing and running around, I couldn't really participate. But I now have a question...

:offtopic: I could post this on the AKL thread but I feel like y'all "know" me better and it's a long rambly so here it is...

I've been trying to book the Wanyama safari for DH and I for our date night on 4/18 (our 2nd night at AKL) - so far I have *one* spot reserved. I call every day. They are sick of me.

When I called today, they had 2 spots for the 21st, our second to last night. Currently we have a Fantasmic Dining package lunch scheduled, which we could cancel and do Fantasmic another night, although it "works" best where it is as we have other plans on the 18th. I suppose we could do dinner package on the 18th if we can get it. looking at it right now, only H&V and BD available for dinner on the 18th. The other good thing about doing the safari on the 21st is that we're done around 8 or 8thirty, so it would be an earlier night for the kids given that the following day is our last day and we will probably be going all day! We've never done Fantasmic for some reason (thought it would be too scary for my son) so I don't want to push it off altogether.

Everyone still following my ramblings?

Okay, here are my questions...

Do I really need the dining package to get a good seat at Fantasmic?

If I did one of the dining packages, we had planned on doing Mama M - what's better of the other two (we're OOP)

Is it worth it to sacrifice the Fantasmic seating on the 21st for the Safari? Or should we keep things as they are and do a Jiko dinner for our date night?

Should I just leave DH by the pool and go by myself on the 18th? Just kidding!

Thoughts, concerns, advice?

I thought I was all done with shuffling and planning! :confused3

I was peeking in at your conversations about packing today, but as I was up to my eyeballs in packing and running around, I couldn't really participate. But I now have a question...

:offtopic: I could post this on the AKL thread but I feel like y'all "know" me better and it's a long rambly so here it is...

I've been trying to book the Wanyama safari for DH and I for our date night on 4/18 (our 2nd night at AKL) - so far I have *one* spot reserved. I call every day. They are sick of me.

When I called today, they had 2 spots for the 21st, our second to last night. Currently we have a Fantasmic Dining package lunch scheduled, which we could cancel and do Fantasmic another night, although it "works" best where it is as we have other plans on the 18th. I suppose we could do dinner package on the 18th if we can get it. looking at it right now, only H&V and BD available for dinner on the 18th. The other good thing about doing the safari on the 21st is that we're done around 8 or 8thirty, so it would be an earlier night for the kids given that the following day is our last day and we will probably be going all day! We've never done Fantasmic for some reason (thought it would be too scary for my son) so I don't want to push it off altogether.

If I did one of the dining packages, we had planned on doing Mama M - what's better of the other two (we're OOP)

Is it worth it to sacrifice the Fantasmic seating on the 21st for the Safari? Or should we keep things as they are and do a Jiko dinner for our date night?

Ok...if you can get a dining package for a different night, go ahead. I like Mama Melrose, but since it's not available to you, then Brown Derby is good! More expensive yes, but it's good food.
You can see Fantasmic without a dining package...but you need to line up pretty early and the seating isn't as good. I always get a package, as seats are front and center, and we LOVE the show!!
If it was me, I would book the Brown Derby on the 18th and grab the Safari for 2 on the 21st!

I agree with @Marlyn - I'd switch the date of the F! package and book the safari. Like you said, it'll be nice for everyone to have that early evening before your busy last day. I've never eaten at MM or BD. We did the F! lunch package at H&V last year and liked the food. The seating was okay - we weren't front and center, but off to the right a little. My brother and SIL had better seats with FP+.

ETA: My brother and SIL got F! as a 4th FP when we were walking toward the line about half an hour before the show.

Last edited:
We wouldn't have seen any either if it was repairable. Only because its totalled do I get a check, so I can use that to replace the car. Oh and I got a check to replace my car seats , as well. Hopefully you get yours back quickly. My rental car contract reached the maximum my insurance company would pay so I would've been out a car if I didn't go purchase one.

Oh, that makes sense. At first, my dad was worried about the rental maxing out, but fortunately, since the accident wasn't our fault, our insurance covers a large SUV rental until ours is repaired.

I typically get stuff ready the week before and try to avoid wearing what I want to take. We usually pack the night before and my wife's approach is, if we forget it, we can always pick it up down there. Now that I analyze that approach, she always seems to under pack her clothing...I think she's out strategizing me on this...
:grouphug:
My H tells me we can buy whatever we forget too. Of course, we drive, so we really can buy just about anything.

Silly question but does everyone else cross pack one outfit in another suitcase? Once all bags made the trip but mine was delayed a day. I had to buy a new shirt for day 2 (aww darn), but finding 'unmentionables' in the park for sale doesn't seem to exist. I learned the value of cross packing that trip.

I have always taken sets of undergarments in the backpack we take on the plane. We've never needed them, but I'm too paranoid to stop packing them.

Update questions:
1. We still aren't 100% sure that ROL will open on the 21st, or are we?
2. There still aren't fast passes or dinning packages available for it??
3. Have we heard ANY rumors about an opening date for Tiffins?

4. Do we have a start time for ANNA and ELSA meet and greet at Epcot? Are we still thinking May 25?
5. Any word on Frozen Ever after? Any rumors on when fast passes will be available?

THANKS!!!

Update questions:
1. We still aren't 100% sure that ROL will open on the 21st, or are we?
2. There still aren't fast passes or dinning packages available for it??
3. Have we heard ANY rumors about an opening date for Tiffins?

4. Do we have a start time for ANNA and ELSA meet and greet at Epcot? Are we still thinking May 25?
5. Any word on Frozen Ever after? Any rumors on when fast passes will be available?

THANKS!!!
We ARE 100% sure that ROL will NOT open on the 21st! In fact new rumour is July.
No FP or dining packages yet to be booked.
Tiffins is Summer according to rumour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter