Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Update questions:
1. We still aren't 100% sure that ROL will open on the 21st, or are we?
2. There still aren't fast passes or dinning packages available for it??
3. Have we heard ANY rumors about an opening date for Tiffins?

4. Do we have a start time for ANNA and ELSA meet and greet at Epcot? Are we still thinking May 25?
5. Any word on Frozen Ever after? Any rumors on when fast passes will be available?

THANKS!!!

4. NO official start time for A&E. Hopes are end of May, just guesswork.
5. NO official start time for FEA but the boats arrived yesterday and will now be tested. NO info of FP+.

So other than the boats have arrived ZERO info on Frozenland.

I don't mean to interrupt the June/July lamenting, because I TRULY know your pain and anger, but my PINS have arrived - yay!

I bought a multi-pack, and I'm going to carry a few extras so when some other poor April peep says to me, "Hey, love your pin, I'm so sad about ROL being delayed!" I can whip out an extra pin and give it to the person! A small comfort, I know, but still...

In other packing news...I seem to have A LOT of Disney tees...hmmmm....:rolleyes1

what an awesome idea! I'm Canadian, and there was no way to get a button or shirt shipped to me before our trip. I hope I see you! :)

Unfortunately I have a pearl in a little bag with the same story. As a pp suggested, you could try going back with your original receipt if you still have it. I know my receipt is probably sitting at the bottom of our local landfill.

to you and the PP asking about pick a pearl (I should have quoted you too, but forgot! sorry!)
in the past I've had a few pearls set in non-cage pieces (necklace and rings). each time they've given me a little plastic bag with the date and pearl size (I think?) and told me that if there's ever any problems with the setting to bring the bag back and they'll fix it. so my guess is as long as you've still got the bag you're good to go. it's definitely a guess, but a sort of educated one :)

what an awesome idea! I'm Canadian, and there was no way to get a button or shirt shipped to me before our trip. I hope I see you! :)

Oooh, I hope we find each other! I'll try to change my avatar so you might recognize me in the throngs of people! Stranger things have happened - I ran into two people from my hometown last year - one waiting in line and one wandering around MK.

Ok...if you can get a dining package for a different night, go ahead. I like Mama Melrose, but since it's not available to you, then Brown Derby is good! More expensive yes, but it's good food.
You can see Fantasmic without a dining package...but you need to line up pretty early and the seating isn't as good. I always get a package, as seats are front and center, and we LOVE the show!!
If it was me, I would book the Brown Derby on the 18th and grab the Safari for 2 on the 21st!

I agree with @Marlyn - I'd switch the date of the F! package and book the safari. Like you said, it'll be nice for everyone to have that early evening before your busy last day. I've never eaten at MM or BD. We did the F! lunch package at H&V last year and liked the food. The seating was okay - we weren't front and center, but off to the right a little. My brother and SIL had better seats with FP+.

ETA: My brother and SIL got F! as a 4th FP when we were walking toward the line about half an hour before the show.

We're definitely going to do the Safari. :banana: the way I figure it, at this point you can only do it if you're staying at AKL, and even then it's very limited. Who knows when we'll stay there again? We can shuffle things a bit and figure it out since Fantasmic is every night. If I can't get a dining package at a good time, maybe I can get a 4th FP. On the 18th, we're doing EMHs at AK, then heading to a waterpark around mid-day, so maybe I'll have a shot at a Fantasmic FP since you can make them at other parks at this point... of course, sounds like it's been a bit of a mixed back on the SDFPs with all the changes, but I'll hope for the best!

Thanks for the advice! My son was doing his homework when I called IPO about the safari. He was kind of giving me the stink eye - he too would like to go on a safari, so there's a bit of mother's guilt, but the food and wine would be wasted on him! I'm sure he will see plenty of animals and do plenty of fun stuff!

Interesting view on DIS podcast that ROL delay is all about $$$.

Opinion was Disney doesn't announce opening dates and media previews without the green light to move forward.

Nobody knows what the costs are to run the show nightly but perhaps given crowds late April through mid-May are less than summer the delay could be for financial reasons. Who knows.

Interesting view on DIS podcast that ROL delay is all about $$$.

Opinion was Disney doesn't announce opening dates and media previews without the green light to move forward.

Nobody knows what the costs are to run the show nightly but perhaps given crowds late April through mid-May are less than summer the delay could be for financial reasons. Who knows.

I have to say, while I completely agree that Disney is motivated by $$$ at all times, I do not think this is the reason. If they were concerned about covering their costs for the show during a non-peak season they would never have scheduled it to start in April in the first place. Disney would have been well aware of this before making that official announcement. I do think they are having technical difficulties, and don't want to tarnish their reputation by premiering a show that is less than perfect. Unfortunately the backlash for the absurd lack of information that they put out to guests who have planned expensive vacations around this opening, is bound to cost them $$$ sooner or later.

I hope this is the right thread.

Trying to plann ROL for our September trip. I am overwhelmed with infos or rumors..

I am stuck trying to plan ADR for our trip 30aug--08sep

Since we dont know times or days of week for ROL how do I go about guessing??

I assume:
1. it has to be dark
2. not on nights with MK late EMH??

so do I guess when sun set is and take either hte next half or hour for the show??
or will they do it like Illunisitons and Fantasmic time wise?
Best estimate for times at this point would be to look at F! showtimes. It will need to be dark to run the show.

We wouldn't have seen any either if it was repairable. Only because its totalled do I get a check, so I can use that to replace the car. Oh and I got a check to replace my car seats , as well. Hopefully you get yours back quickly. My rental car contract reached the maximum my insurance company would pay so I would've been out a car if I didn't go purchase one.

DW got stuck with a Hyundai Accent for the rental(was driving a Grand Cherokee) :headache::mad:

The other party's insurance only covered up to a mid-size and the only option was Kia Soul with a cracked windshield so we chose the Economy class Kia. On the plus side, State Farm(their insurance) was 100x more helpful than our insurance company. Accepted full liability for the accident and authorized repairs and our local highly rated shop. Our insurance's preferred shop was rated horribly and they wouldn't have allowed us to take it in until Friday.

hey sorry if this was discussed but Touring plans just tweeted a pic of the FP+ touch point for ROL.

Havent kept up with the thread work is getting int the way!

I have to say, while I completely agree that Disney is motivated by $$$ at all times, I do not think this is the reason. If they were concerned about covering their costs for the show during a non-peak season they would never have scheduled it to start in April in the first place. Disney would have been well aware of this before making that official announcement. I do think they are having technical difficulties, and don't want to tarnish their reputation by premiering a show that is less than perfect. Unfortunately the backlash for the absurd lack of information that they put out to guests who have planned expensive vacations around this opening, is bound to cost them $$$ sooner or later.

Obviously nobody knows the real reasons for the delay but the spring opening was anticipated months before an official announcement was made and before news of $$$ cuts due to Shanghai.

Will be interesting to see how the upcoming media preview goes.

Oooh, I hope we find each other! I'll try to change my avatar so you might recognize me in the throngs of people! Stranger things have happened - I ran into two people from my hometown last year - one waiting in line and one wandering around MK.

In 2013 I was waiting to check into my ADR at Via Napoli & ran into a guy I went to elementary (primary) school with but hadn't seen since then because his family moved cross-country. It really IS a small world after all!

Anyone know when park hours updates are expected to happen this week? Leave in 2 weeks and AK still says 9 am to 6 pm but by May it would usually close 7 pm or 8 pm.

Anyone know when park hours updates are expected to happen this week? Leave in 2 weeks and AK still says 9 am to 6 pm but by May it would usually close 7 pm or 8 pm.

I'd be really interested in this, too. 6pm sounds so early. We have hoppers so we can always hop elsewhere if it really is set to close at 6pm but sunset at AK is always so lovely.

Nine days nine days nine days.... starting to really feel the anxiety over crowd levels now. Also starting to wonder if I should ditch MK on Saturday and head over to HS instead. HS is my least favorite park, but it's less likely to be crushed with people due to all the construction...right? :/ Ughhh, I said I wasn't going to adjust my plans any more but I just feel sick to my stomach. Should have bought park hopper :headache:

Nine days nine days nine days.... starting to really feel the anxiety over crowd levels now. Also starting to wonder if I should ditch MK on Saturday and head over to HS instead. HS is my least favorite park, but it's less likely to be crushed with people due to all the construction...right? :/ Ughhh, I said I wasn't going to adjust my plans any more but I just feel sick to my stomach. Should have bought park hopper :headache:
You'll have the time of your life! Relaaaaaaax *does breathing exercises with*

But hey, you still have ... *drum roll* NINE DAYS! to figure it out. Wait until the last couple days so you feel more secure. :)

hey sorry if this was discussed but Touring plans just tweeted a pic of the FP+ touch point for ROL.

Havent kept up with the thread work is getting int the way!

Yes, they took down some of the walls at the RoL theater. Looks great.

Means nothing to us ........ aka no FP+ booking since no opening at this time.

Well I suppose they will make great backdrops for photos of Rumors of Light.

Am guessing they are making the park look as good as possible for the media event next week.

http://blogmickey.com/2016/04/walls-around-asia-side-rivers-light-seating-area/

I'd be really interested in this, too. 6pm sounds so early. We have hoppers so we can always hop elsewhere if it really is set to close at 6pm but sunset at AK is always so lovely.

I'm expecting park hours to update this Friday.

You'll have the time of your life! Relaaaaaaax *does breathing exercises with*

But hey, you still have ... *drum roll* NINE DAYS! to figure it out. Wait until the last couple days so you feel more secure. :)

Breathing.... like this? LOL

tumblr_m9yqo5Zsgu1rtg2mv.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter