Roll call 10/26/03 Wonder..anyone there?

BabySam99

Life
Who's going? Let's get this thread going! We have 11 going on the cruise and then WDW for the NSSHP on the 31st of October. Can't wait!

Are you as excited as I am? From the jumping smilies in your post I would say so! We went last year around this time and had the trip of a lifetime! It was fabulous, you are going to love it!!!

Good to meet you!:Pinkbounc

:Pinkbounc :bounce: Oh Yeah, we are all excited!! This will be our first cruise, and though we are excited, we are still trying to figure it all out. These boards have given us some help though. But when you've never been on one, it is kind of hard to imagine some of the things they are talking about. We have been to WDW quite a few times, and we were worried about that the first time we went also, but we figured it out, and now give others advice. So I guess we will be fine. Disney seems to make everything user friendly. Any tips or advice though, would be GREATLY appreciated.
Have a great night.
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Any help I can be, let me know. I was once in your shoes and appreciated any information that I could get.

I would be happy to give you the iteneray that I followed. It relly made the trip an easy and uneventful adventure. Some of the postings on these boards had me nervous about some things so if you are wondering on anything that you have read out here on the DIS boards feel free to ask. I love talking about my trip.

Let's try to meet up on the ship, it may be hard but we could all meet and have a conch cooler and chat. I have 11 people going with me. Myself, DS4, DN35,DB34,DB40,DSIL36,DN7,DN3,DN5 and some other friends. Should be a blast. Disney makes it a blast everything is prefect. You couldn't ask for anything more.

Anyway I am at school (41 and trying to find my youth..lol) and have a class in 15.

Talk to you again soon!

Count us in!!

We will be taking our honeymoon cruise!! It's my FH's first cruise, my second. I just recently made the final payment and I just can't stop smiling!!

Congrats!! You are going to have such a great time! Let's keep this thread going. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Kim,
Thanks for the quick answer. I would love to see the itenerary that you did. I just feel so overwhelmed by it all. I am sure that 4 days is not enough time to do it all but thought we should start out with a short one. Do you have your room # yet? We are staying on deck two. We have adjoining rooms because of my grandchildren. I read that you need to bring a bunji cord to hold the door between you open. Is that because of the motion of the boat. We have to be able to keep that door open because the kids will freak if they can't get to me. Do you hae kids going with you? I would love to meet with you. Please pass on any more advice that you can think of.
Vickie:bounce: :Pinkbounc (I love these little bouncy things)

I am so incredibly excited about this trip, there's so many firsts for my FH and I..it's my first trip w/o my family, and our first trip together. My FH has never been to Florida, let alone Disney world, so he's trying to understand why I'm such a sap about disney. Hopefully this cruise will help!! I can't wait to get his picture w/ Mickey!! Another thing I'm excited about is seeing his face when he sees the ocean for the first time EVER...I get teary-eyed just thinking about it! LOL I'm not sure what deck we'll be on..last year my family and I were on deck 6 aft, and it was perfect, but since FH and I booked so late (we just decided last week to take the cruise, and we paid it off in four days...how's that for being excited?!!) we're in guarantee status. I'm hoping to get upgraded since we're on our honeymoon, but even if we don't it'll be ok with me, I'll be on the WONDER!!

I noticed someone's going to MNSSHP on the 31st..do you still need any tickets or know someone who does? I have 2 adult tix for the 31st party that I'd hate to see go to waste, I'd be happy to sell them off so someone can get some use out of them. we were going to go to WDW, but obviously changed our minds. Let me know!

:D I am the neice of Kim (BABYSAM99) and I will be on the cruise with my DD and Boyfriend.:p We are in one of the secret porthole rooms on Deck 5. I too am so excited! We had a lot of fun last year. I just pray our weather is perfect again....;) The best tips I can give are bring a couple swimsuits so you don't have to wear a wet one ever. Go to Palo atleast once and have something done at the Spa for sure!! WONDERful..... It is so important to be organized and get things done ASAP when you board and then you are ready to relax.;)

Love the deck parties too. Congrats Soleiloca on your wedding!! That would be a great Honeymoon. So you better do Palo!:p You may have to do the Surial Bath Chamber! I would like to try that with my guy too!;)

Minniemouse, I will be glad to help you with anything you need. I have done lots of searching for info on these trips... I also was at Disney in April. Looking forward to the Halloween party. I know it will be crazy on Halloween night,but that is part of the fun.

Good talking to all of you! Glad to meet some other DISer's.....

Minnie yes I have my room# it's the same room as the last Disney trip. I'm at school right now, I think it's 5630. I will check that and let you know if thats not right.

Yes there is alot of motion on the ship. The one night we were on the doors to the bath and the closet kept opening and closing so thats probably why you need the bungee. Do you have verandas? I know that I am on deck 5 right by the Kids clubs.

My niece, Babyjosie(Michelle) had our little itenery that we followed. The first thing was that we wanted to not be in a rush from the get-go so we arrived the night before and stayed at Port Canaveral at the Raddison. Very nice. We then took the 10:40 shuttle provided by them. We arrived at around 10:50 and checked in at the desk in the terminal. This all took about 15 minutes. We were about 5th in line to board. When we started boarding at 12:15, we went straight to Deck 9 for lunch the buffet was wonderful, yummy shrimp. We had our first Coch cooler on deck wich started our trip off right.

You can't get into your rooms until around 1 or 1:30 so thats why we did lunch and got our plan together on what things to sign up for. Don't let these boards fool you, if you have a plan there is no reason to feel stressed by making reservations for anywhere on the ship. The kids club, Palos, The Spa, etc. we reserved with no problem. Our first thing we did was that I went and reserved Palos and then Michelle and I went and toured the Spa at 2pm. We signed up the kids and got our beepers for the kids club and then we relaxed! The sail away party is at 5pm and is so much fun. The Navagator that is put in your room on a daily basis is a great tool for planning what to do for the day. It has all the activies that the ship offers as well as how to sign up for excersions. Oh by the way at 4pm there is a drill that ALL passengers have to attend. You come to the drill with your life jackets on and they show you what you need to do in case of an emergency. It lasts about 30 minutes.

The key was not rushing and for having a plan. We have the same plan this time and hopefully it will go as smoothly as the last time. I am so looking forward to this trip as I am going with both of my brothers and my sister-in-law and of course my lovely niece. We have 5 kids going with us. My son Sam is 4 1/2, my niece and nephew, Autty and Char are 7 & 3, my niece Josie is 5 and her frind Gus is 5. I hope this all helps and I hope you have a wonderful time. I know you will.:Pinkbounc I love these bouncy things too...LOL

Soleil,

You are going to have so much fun! Last trip there was a couple that were on their honeymoon. They were so cute he had on a top hat equiped with Mickey ears and she had a set of ears with a veil attached (I think when you get married on the ship you get these items)

As far as crying when FH sees the ocean, he probably will I know I was crying when I saw the ship for the first time. It is so magical!

I hope you get an upgrade. What category are you in now?

Let's all keep this thread going if we can! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Did I mention that I was excited?! LOL:Pinkbounc

Oh My Goodness!! I thought that I had a plan of attack but now am wondering?? My grandchildren are going with us ages 4&5 so Kim, sounds like they might be the same ages as some that are going with you. I have read about the activities on the kids clubs and that a lot of the kids do not want to leave:confused: Did you have kids with you on your last cruise?? Did you find this to be true?? What about dinner times?? What about when you dock and want to do things on shore?? What if they do not want to be there? My Dd and I want to do a spa treatment any advice on which one? Which dining are you on early or late? We have early as we have young children with us. If we go to Palos one night, will the kids be able to eat?? What is this Conch cooler?? Sounds like a drink in a shell! lol. I am so sorry for so many questions. I know though that I will have more. Please be patient with this first time Disney Cruiser.
V:confused: :confused:

BabySam-

I know I cried when I saw those ears poking over the horizon!! lol

As far as the bride/groom mickey ears go, I have a pair..I bought them at WDW last year, but right now we're not sure we're going to take them. They've been sitting in a box in my room for a year, and I'm not sure I've got the guts to wear them on board, not to mention I'm not totally sure how we'd pack them w/o crushing them. I might just sell them on ebay and not worry about it..my FH wasn't too keen on wearing them anyway. :p

right now we're guaranteed in a Cat 11- only thing we could afford on such short notice. but I don't mind..we were in cat 11 last year and it worked just fine for a family of 4, I can't imagine 2 people would be any worse. An upgrade would definitely be nice but I'm not going to be angry if it doesn't happen.

Minnie- a conch cooler is a mixed drink available on the ship- I've never had one but from what I hear they're pretty good, I'm going to have to try one this time around. I'm not a big drinker, but I can't wait to get my Bahama Mama!!

Babyjosie/babysam: thx for the congrats! I'm not sure I want to try the surial bath, I've heard mixed reviews about them. Besides, we'll only be in the bahamas for our honeymoon once, I want to soak up some sun and enjoy the view!! How old are you and your BF josie? just out of curiosity..

any ?s don't hesitate to ask, minnie!! think of it this way: there's a thousand people taking our cruise, and only three families on the ship will know all the tips and tricks thanks to the DIS Boards!!

Minnie-

Don't worry!! Everything will work out!! I'm sure whatever you have planned as far as excursions go, the kids will be excited about.

I know that Palo is an adults- only restaurant, so no kids are allowed. I'm almost positive they give the kids food at the kids' clubs (don't quote me on that since I have no kids, but from what I've read they do), but if you're worried about it you could always make your reservation for Palo a little later than your dinner time, eat lightly at the restaurant with the children, and then take them back to the club and enjoy Palo. Or you could have a full meal at dinner and just enjoy the chocolate souffle and a glass of wine at Palo...any way you choose it will work out, because it's Disney, and NOTHING can go wrong!! LOL Keep in mind, a small note I didn't realize until recently, there's a $5 per person fee at Palo..I'm sorry to say I don't remember what it's for, but it's there.

I've always found that making a plan just stresses me out more. Last year on the cruise, we just "let the waves be our guide" and did whatever, and it was the most wonderful (no pun intended) vacation I've ever had. Like I said, everything will work out!!

Keep the questions coming, I enjoy voicing my opinion about the DCL!! LOL:p

:D I am 35 and my DD Josie is 5 years old. My Boyfriend is 34. I want to attach a picture to my thread from our cruise last year,but have not been able to figure it out?:eek:

We have early seating and I was thinking of doing Palo on the first night about 7:30 so we could go to dinner at 6:00 with everyone and feed Jo. We would not eat and then check her into the club and go to Palo??:p Josie did really good in the clubs last year. Toward the end of the trip she wanted to stay with me more,but one night I went to get her at 11:30 pm and she was all dressed in costumes and had her face painted up. She did not want to leave. :) The only thing I did not like about the club was how dark it was. So I only put her in during the day one time when I went to the Spa. Other than that I put her in for the evening. She did go to the club on the Island for an hour while I checked out the adult beach.;) So I don't worry Minnie about you Grand kids. Since they are together they will love it! Josie will be in the same group since she is 5. They do all kinds of fun things. She loved tea with Wendy.

In the day time I would just lay out at the Mickey pool and Josie would swim and go down the slide. It is not deep and they have counselers on the slide. So I could just relax.;)

I did the Aroma ocean wrap and it was WONDERful!! I felt like mush afterwards. They brush your skin with this brush and then put green seaweed stuff all over you and wrap you in plastic and warm towels. Then she did a scalp and foot massage!! LOVED IT.
I am doing it again this trip....:)

Hope this helps.. It is so fun planning these trips. Although you just have to be open and go with the flo......Sometimes it doen not always go as planned. Just stay relaxed and have a great time....

that seaweed wrap sounds nice, although I'm so ticklish on my feet I'm not sure I'd want someone touching them. LoL

Before we know it, this vacation will be here!

Hi, everybody! We'll be there on the Oct. 26th cruise. Myself, DH, DS (8) and DD (10). Coming all the way from California. We've been enjoying reading your discussions of the best plan of attack, being so new to this ourselves.

I know that our cruise ends the day before Halloween, but does anyone know whether there will be any Halloween festivities on board? My kids tend to think of Halloween as a week long celebration and were thinking of bringing their costumes on board.

I love the bouncies too! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter