ROFR Thread October to December 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They look correct based on market pricing — but if you would actually use all the points in the current year whether or not you get them (I.e. you’d pay cash rates or rent points) you come out ridiculously far ahead on a loaded contract and far behind on fully stripped.
That depends, I think. Usually current use year points end up being SAPs, which have less value IMO.

Interesting, with the points being the "revenue" cash flows? You must've made an assumption about the value of a point then?
Correct, I personally use project rental rates minus projected dues to estimate cash flows. But that's just my way. $22 seems high though IMO, especially if you are paying ~$8 in dues per point. Just doesn't make logical sense to me, but I could be wrong.

That depends, I think. Usually current use year points end up being SAPs, which have less value IMO.

Correct, I personally use project rental rates minus projected dues to estimate cash flows. But that's just my way. $22 seems high though IMO, especially if you are paying ~$8 in dues per point. Just doesn't make logical sense to me, but I could be wrong.
For current year points, it’s really a spectrum. As I see it: anything that is more than 6 months out in my opinion deserves at least $20/pt (minus dues, if you’re paying them) because you can bank. Points that expire in 3-5m probably are worth more like 10-20 (depending on dues, which should be subtracted, and availability at time of year you want to use them), and points less than 3m from expiring are potentially worthless because you need to complete ROFR, close, and then wait for them to load to your account.

You're right accounting for the seller credit of 2024 dues would reduce it by ~$8/pt to $14/pt.

We're essentially doing the same thing except I'm calculating the implied value of a point rather than making an assumption. I discount all the costs and all the points to time zero to calculate a PV $/pt. That gives the implied value of a point today based on the contract cash flows. Another way to think of it is the value of a point that would make your PV of cash flows equal to zero. You can theoretically calculate this for any contract and then compare the initial prices that equate the $/pt.

Could be a person is selling to a friend.?
I mean with no ROFR, you could do a friend a favor, or even add cash on the side.. no?
I doubt it. By pricing it low you are taking a huge risk that it could trigger ROFR. If you wanted to sell it to a friend as a favor you would price it higher not lower and give them back cash on the side after the sale has been completed.

Is there a way to monitor the deeds filed with the county? I don't live in Florida so searching the records there is something I am not very familiar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter