ROFR Thread October to December 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of discounts, does dvc resale get any discounts? Minigolf, food, parking, etc.?

In terms of discounts, does dvc resale get any discounts? Minigolf, food, parking, etc.?
Per the rules, no. In reality, sometimes. All depends on whether the CM insists on seeing the DVC-Y on your MagicMobile card or not.

As as resale member I do have a dvc card correct?
I believe you have a card but it doesn’t have the same format so a cast member would tell you that you don’t qualify for the DVC perks, I believe? We bought direct before resale so I’m not certain, but this is what I’ve heard.

Others’ experience may vary but I think I’ve been asked to show it more than 90% of the time, definitely more than 80% of the time.
Give it time. Sooner or later, a resale member will chime in claiming they went to WDW two weeks ago, and were given the discount every single time. They were only ever asked "Are you DVC?" to which they responded "Yes!" (because that's not a lie), and simply showed the CM a screen shot of an autographed picture of Mickey standing in front of Riviera that they have sitting on their night stand at home.

Last edited:
Yes, but it is a white card, not a blue card, which only provides pool hopping privileges. As an aside, I went to Disneyland over Halloween, and it was checked every single time.
Funny I was there last weekend & I just pulled my phone out and got to use it multiple times for discounts (no lounges or anything). They just wanted to see that i had a member number.

Last edited:
As as resale member I do have a dvc card correct?
It isn't a physical card anymore unless you want to print it. There may be an easier way to find it, but here are the three ways I know of:
1. DVC website -> My DVC -> My Profile -> Member Information -> Membership Card/Identification
2. MDE -> Hamburger lines in bottom right -> Disney MagicMobile-> Depends on your phone. I have an android so mine says "See Passes in Google Pay" -> Walt Disney World-> 3 dots in top right
3. Straight to Google Wallet-> Walt Disney World-> 3 dots in top right

If you have an Apple device, search the DVC threads and someone probably has shown the steps. Since this thread is for ROFR, we probably need to get back to ROFR posts.

It isn't a physical card anymore unless you want to print it. There may be an easier way to find it, but here are the three ways I know of:
1. DVC website -> My DVC -> My Profile -> Member Information -> Membership Card/Identification
2. MDE -> Hamburger lines in bottom right -> Disney MagicMobile-> Depends on your phone. I have an android so mine says "See Passes in Google Pay" -> Walt Disney World-> 3 dots in top right
3. Straight to Google Wallet-> Walt Disney World-> 3 dots in top right

If you have an Apple device, search the DVC threads and someone probably has shown the steps. Since this thread is for ROFR, we probably need to get back to ROFR posts.
K thx super helpful

Last week I had a CM say I was required to also show a photo ID along with my Google Wallet that I opened live and showed her DVC-Y. She claimed it was the policy, but that was my final purchase over four days, and it was the only one that ever claimed that. I didn't have my wallet on me (paying with my magicband...) so she said she'd let it slide. Come on...

Last week I had a CM say I was required to also show a photo ID along with my Google Wallet that I opened live and showed her DVC-Y. She claimed it was the policy, but that was my final purchase over four days, and it was the only one that ever claimed that. I didn't have my wallet on me (paying with my magicband...) so she said she'd let it slide. Come on...
Technically, that IS the policy, and if she felt she could get in trouble for not following it to a "T", then there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just happy that they are all finally starting to at least ask to see the "DVC-Y" in the digital wallet.

To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID.

Technically, that IS the policy, and if she felt she could get in trouble for not following it to a "T", then there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just happy that they are all finally starting to at least ask to see the "DVC-Y" in the digital wallet.
Interesting. Guess I'll start keeping a picture of my ID too then!

Just ranting - and I know some of you have good Guides, but so far Every Single Time that I've tried to buy Direct, I get put on long holds, and hit paperwork hassles at DVC (and that's as a Cash Buyer)! And every question I have, they put me on hold to go ask someone else (that does Not make me comfortable with their answers). Maybe I get connected to the newbie "Guide/Salesmen" or Guides who are too busy for new (small contract) clients, but it has been super frustrating. I came close to hanging up on my guy today - Zero magic involved in dealing with Disney for a DVC purchase anymore.

That should at least make those of you sitting in ROFR feel better ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter