ROFR Thread October to December 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think it’s on the low end, even if stripped. But then again I don’t use the $10/pt reduction that some do when deciding.

I mean if you are going a 37 year contract, how can one year be worth $10/pt? And yes, I know people see it as the rental minus dues..but still.
The power of compound interest. By my calculations a stripped BLT contract should actually be about $22/pt less than one with 2024 points in a rational market.

It looks like they paid the 24 dues so I assume they are getting February 2024 points.

Just went back and looked and the Grantee (purchaser) paid the 2024 dues.

And if you add $10 to get to $128 it is still about $8 dollars a point lower than average.
The deed says that the buyer assumes the 2024 dues, which means they will have to pay those to Disney when due. However, it does not mean that it wasn't stripped and they didn't receive a credit from the Seller for those dues at closing.

The power of compound interest. By my calculations a stripped BLT contract should actually be about $22/pt less than one with 2024 points in a rational market.

By that same logic would you pay an extra $22/pt for a fully loaded contract that has banked 2023 points?

I just checked the records, and it looks like Disney may have ROFR'd an AKV contract on 10/11. 200 pts at $100/pt.

4 other contracts at VGF were bought back. I didn't check if they were ROFR or surrenders. It appears that Disney is offering surrendered contracts for VGF $115/pt. I doubt AKV is $100/pt surrender since we've seen quite a few ROFRs lower than that...

I was curious about this since I recently bought a fully stripped BLT contract at $120/point before all the dues credits. I use Profitability Index for my comparisons, so I plugged in the options, and this was the equivalent I found:

ResortStatusPrice
Bay Lake TowerFully Stripped$120
Bay Lake TowerSemi-Stripped (Points available next use year)$128
Bay Lake TowerStandard (Points available this use year)$133
Bay Lake TowerLoaded (2x points available this use year)$141

These seem pretty in-line with prices on the market from what I can tell.

I was curious about this since I recently bought a fully stripped BLT contract at $120/point before all the dues credits. I use Profitability Index for my comparisons, so I plugged in the options, and this was the equivalent I found:

ResortStatusPrice

They look correct based on market pricing — but if you would actually use all the points in the current year whether or not you get them (I.e. you’d pay cash rates or rent points) you come out ridiculously far ahead on a loaded contract and far behind on fully stripped.

ResortStatusPrice

Interesting, with the points being the "revenue" cash flows? You must've made an assumption about the value of a point then?

I just checked the records, and it looks like Disney may have ROFR'd an AKV contract on 10/11. 200 pts at $100/pt.

4 other contracts at VGF were bought back. I didn't check if they were ROFR or surrenders. It appears that Disney is offering surrendered contracts for VGF $115/pt. I doubt AKV is $100/pt surrender since we've seen quite a few ROFRs lower than that...
HI , where are you checking for the ROFR'S?

HI , where are you checking for the ROFR'S?

It's not necessarily screening ROFRs per se, but you can search on the Orange County website for filings where DVD is the "grantee" and then screen only for deeds (otherwise you get all the buyer mortgages too). This will also include foreclosures and potentially other non-ROFR filings, but if you look at the actual filings you can get a pretty good idea. That AKV deed (dates 10/11, filed on 10/30) just looks like an ordinary deed you'd get from Disney as a buyer, except Disney is the buyer. OTOH, there is a 60-pt Poly foreclosure filed on 10/5 that has this stamp in the deed, and it looks totally different:

1699017387291.png

Still waiting on my last and final so maybe next week!
AwfulWaffle---$100-$8240-75-SSR-Dec-0/22, 150/23, 75/24, 75/25- sent 10/25, passed ?
Seller to pay '23 dues and Buyer to pay '24 dues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter