• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ms_minnie---$102-$25320-225-AKV-Sep-0/17, 27/18, 225/19, 225/20- sent 1/15, passed 2/11

ms_minnie---$98-$10660-100-AUL-Sep-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 100/20- sent 1/15, passed 2/8

Haven’t been here since we purchased our first DVC via resale back in 2012 (BLT). So excited the AKV contract got through! Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

ms_minnie---$102-$25320-225-AKV-Sep-0/17, 27/18, 225/19, 225/20- sent 1/15, passed 2/11

ms_minnie---$98-$10660-100-AUL-Sep-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 100/20- sent 1/15, passed 2/8

Haven’t been here since we purchased our first DVC via resale back in 2012 (BLT). So excited the AKV contract got through! Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Wow great price on AKV! Congrats! The one I'm waiting on is $6 more per point for the same use year so hopefully this is a good sign!

Just discovered our contract didn’t actually go until the 16th, not the 14th like I thought :confused: I’ll update my string when I find Out whether or not it is taken

Hang in there! Wishing you lots of Pixie Dust! :tink:

I am not sure what is taking ours so long... trying to think positive and convince myself maybe the addendum/correction set it back even though they didn't think it did. (Signed 1/8, to Disney 1/10, back to us and seller to sign an addendum 1/18.) With the huge direct increase for BCV, Disney may take it...but I saw a similar contract with current and future points pass at $2 less per point and ours was stripped until 2020, so I am still holding out hope....

Sorry to those who have had theirs taken, Congrats to those who have passed ROFR, and still sending positive energy to all who are waiting! :cheer2:

DanCio---$95-$15837-160-SSR-Jun-49/18, 160/19, 160/20-seller pays MF '19- sent 1/7/2019, taken 2/11

This one is awesome! Loaded and a great price! Mine was stripped out, but I thought that may help get it through. Fantastic deal!
Thanks! I wasn't sure if I was being too greedy going for the loaded contract but I really wanted one so I could use the points for a trip I already have planned for this year. I didn't have any points prior, this is my first purchase. I'm so glad it passed! Congrats to you as well :)

emailed our broker last night and she said that she is really surprised I haven't heard ( we are currently at 32 days), but it has been very busy and she knows Disney is behind. Nothing they can do to move it along.....i really don't understand how people that submitted like the 15th, etc., have already heard and ours from the 10th is still "waiting"....doesn't look good, but who knows!

Glad to see the AKV ones get through as that is what we are waiting for.

emailed our broker last night and she said that she is really surprised I haven't heard ( we are currently at 32 days), but it has been very busy and she knows Disney is behind. Nothing they can do to move it along.....i really don't understand how people that submitted like the 15th, etc., have already heard and ours from the 10th is still "waiting"....doesn't look good, but who knows!

I'm still waiting from the 7th...
Guessing I'll hear today? Guessing it will get taken.

Strictly a guess as no one really knows the inner workings, but from observation it appears someone at DVD has the ability to waive quickly if it is clear they would have no interest based on whatever criteria they use that nobody knows. Then it looks like those that DVD may have interest in goes to another person/committee thus the longer wait for you and me. The 30 days is really a guideline/average. They have until the contract closing date to make their decision. Either way the process can be quick(ish) or brutal; no in between. I do hope you hear soon. I know this part can be frustrating especially if you see better backup contracts disappearing before your eyes (been there myself). Good luck!!

I'm still waiting from the 7th...
Guessing I'll hear today? Guessing it will get taken.

Strictly a guess as no one really knows the inner workings, but from observation it appears someone at DVD has the ability to waive quickly if it is clear they would have no interest based on whatever criteria they use that nobody knows. Then it looks like those that DVD may have interest in goes to another person/committee thus the longer wait for you and me. The 30 days is really a guideline/average. They have until the contract closing date to make their decision. Either way the process can be quick(ish) or brutal; no in between. I do hope you hear soon. I know this part can be frustrating especially if you see better backup contracts disappearing before your eyes (been there myself). Good luck!!

As someone who has had a bunch of contracts taken by ROFR at multiple resorts, trust me when I say that you will get one through. Currently, not a single one of my contracts would've had a prayer of making it through ROFR with the current buy back criteria. However, I had 4 BLT contracts not work out (2 taken by ROFR and 2 where sellers kept using points while under contract to sell), and it was lucky number 5 for me. The 5th one was the best match for me overall, and that's the one that went through. They were snatching up BLT left and right at the time, but I snuck this one through.

My point isn't to toot my own horn; it is to say just keep trying if they take it and you really want to own there. I know it is frustrating and downright angering because it takes so long for them to take it, but it'll make you tougher if you go through the process again.

I feel the same way. Mine was submitted on 1/9 to ROFR. Have been in contact with my broker and she said they had 5 greater than 30 days that she would be following up on today. So annoying for it to not go in order of submission and to make us worry longer! And I am also waiting on AKV!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter