• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
LadylvsTramp---$133-$22988-160-BLT-Feb-0/18, 160/19, 160/20, 160/21-paying dues for 2019- sent 1/15

Still waiting and found out it was sent 1/15 not 1/14 but called Timeshare Store they said maybe hear something this week. I think this is maddening waiting to hear we purchased two direct and almost a third but I did not really like CC so backed out the points were instantly in our account as soon as deposit was made. We only decided on BLT when we stayed earlier this year and the Grands were with us for walking access to MK. If we dont get this might try for SSR or AKV we own at both of them already direct and could get more points or save $ at this rate. Now I am not sure if I want it to pass or not yikes!

I feel the same way. Mine was submitted on 1/9 to ROFR. Have been in contact with my broker and she said they had 5 greater than 30 days that she would be following up on today. So annoying for it to not go in order of submission and to make us worry longer! And I am also waiting on AKV!

I think the February UY is the key here for both of you. It seems to be a target for the ROFR monster...

Ours was taken....just got the email.....really bummed.....anyway, I don't know how to update the string, so if you can let me know i will post it.....

Ours was taken....just got the email.....really bummed.....anyway, I don't know how to update the string, so if you can let me know i will post it.....
Ugh So sorry. Will you be trying for another?
I think the February UY is the key here for both of you. It seems to be a target for the ROFR monster...
Is Feb a popular use year? Curious which months get taken more and why. I've seen a few Oct AKV sneak through, including mine. Just curious why some use years and not others.

You can either go back to the link in post #1 and redo the form, or just copy/paste the string from your previous post and add ", taken 2/12" onto the end. Either way.

Sorry, that sucks. Thanks for sharing the data anyway. It's helpful to others who are looking to buy in (or also who want to sell, to know what the price points are.) Just submit another offer. You'll get one through eventually! Don't pay a premium just to get around this happening again. It's fairly random.

[Is Feb a popular use year? Curious which months get taken more and why. I've seen a few Oct AKV sneak through, including mine. Just curious why some use years and not others.[/QUOTE]

It does seem from just random examples that they like taking Feb. They took my Feb, but let my OCT go. Could just be random though.

I am so sorry. We are still waiting on our 1/10 submittal and the wait has been brutal. Worried it may get taken too.
Hope you find an even better one!

Is Feb a popular use year? Curious which months get taken more and why. I've seen a few Oct AKV sneak through, including mine. Just curious why some use years and not others.

Random. It's really by residential unit more than anything. (That "unit #" part on the deeds.) They're (DVD) required to hold minimum 2% in each unit, and while they can combine or split the points any way they want, they can't combine across units into one deed.

Random. It's really by residential unit more than anything. (That "unit #" part on the deeds.) They're (DVD) required to hold minimum 2% in each unit, and while they can combine or split the points any way they want, they can't combine across units into one deed.

That's interesting. I just assumed that since Feb was one of the most common UY that lots of people were on waitlists for those.

Ugh So sorry. Will you be trying for another?

We will probably try again. I would imagine Feb and March are popular, but personally I think it is very random....I have seen other AKV go that are less stripped and cheaper, so not sure there is any criteria!

That's interesting. I just assumed that since Feb was one of the most common UY that lots of people were on waitlists for those.

Each unit is tied to one use year so that could make it seem that way, but there's no way we could know. All the opining and analysis does make for some interesting folklore, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter