ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SimbaAndSparkles - can you tell if the seller is distressed? The VGF contract we bought, the owner was under water and I think it was bought or foreclosed by the mortgage company (which was the seller on our deed). If so, you should be in good shape because that usually means Disney has had a chance to acquire it already (for a lot less than you'd be paying), and they chose not to.

@SimbaAndSparkles - can you tell if the seller is distressed? The VGF contract we bought, the owner was under water and I think it was bought or foreclosed by the mortgage company (which was the seller on our deed). If so, you should be in good shape because that usually means Disney has had a chance to acquire it already (for a lot less than you'd be paying), and they chose not to.
Hmm...I'm not sure how to tell whether or not the seller is distressed. Our first offer had a higher price per point, with the sellers paying closing costs and they countered with a lower price per point and buyer paid closing costs. The seller listed on our accepted offer is definitely an individual, not a mortgage company.

I'll just be keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for pixie dust!

And moving on with another offer if this one gets taken...

This is encouraging to me. I have a 200 pt BLT contract that also has no points till 2020 that I will be listing in July after my rental points have been fulfilled.
You could always list now and have a delayed close. The contract we just went through ROFR with won't close until August. Hard to say what the prices are going to do. Could be wrong, but it seems like Disney has backed off the BLT spending spree. The Feb ROFR report should be interesting.

Thewifeandion'cation---$106-$13230-120-AKV-Dec-0/18, 0/19, 120/20-Seller pays 2019 MF- sent 1/16, passed 2/11

WOOOOOOOO Just got the confirmation!

But also you are making those of us in the 1/14 and earlier camp nervous LOL it seems like the longer the wait, the more likely it will get taken :crazy2:

You could always list now and have a delayed close. The contract we just went through ROFR with won't close until August. Hard to say what the prices are going to do. Could be wrong, but it seems like Disney has backed off the BLT spending spree. The Feb ROFR report should be interesting.

I hope they continue to back off on the BLT at least till my offer gets approved.. hahaha i don't have points til 2020 and out of the 160 only 138 will be available come that year. soooo i have high hopes....lol

Ours was sent on 1/16, and I will fill out the formula once we hear back if it passes or not. This is SO nerve wracking now that people are hearing from the same day as ours was submitted!
Ours was sent on the 16th as well. Crossing my fingers for all of us waiting!

Y'all, I just got an email with a subject line that contained "DVC" and "Congratulations!" and I almost died until I realized it was just my TA who secured a points rental for me (still exciting, but not as good as a waiver!!).

That will teach me to rent points while waiting on ROFR :upsidedow:upsidedow:upsidedow

Pixie dust to all who still wait!!

Y'all, I just got an email with a subject line that contained "DVC" and "Congratulations!" and I almost died until I realized it was just my TA who secured a points rental for me (still exciting, but not as good as a waiver!!).

That will teach me to rent points while waiting on ROFR :upsidedow:upsidedow:upsidedow

Pixie dust to all who still wait!!

That’s interesting that your TA does that! I’m a TA, a terrible one because I tell everyone just to rent DVC points LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter