RIVERS OF LIGHT DINING PACKAGES

If I do a Tusker House meal with a ROL dining package, the characters still come out, right? A ROL package is basically a regular Tusker House reservation with a reserved seat for ROL that night, right?

Since you just received 2 conflicting responses, I'll chime in to be the tie breaker. ;)
Yes, what you are asking is exactly correct. You are getting a Tusker House character meal, except that you are paying slightly more to be able to sit in the dining package area for ROL.

Sigh. Really wanted the TH package, but there was nothing left. I grabbed a Tiffins package, but I'm pretty sure my kids would rather skip ROL and just dine at TH with a regular ADR. I'll keep watching, but I'm disappointed.

I think the limited availability is due to people having made a previous TH res (which they still have or are holding on to)- so availability looks limited, but probably isn't.

Since you just received 2 conflicting responses, I'll chime in to be the tie breaker. ;)
Yes, what you are asking is exactly correct. You are getting a Tusker House character meal, except that you are paying slightly more to be able to sit in the dining package area for ROL.
Thank you so much. I have the dining plan, so the cost isn't really a factor, right?? Want to understand it all before I cancel the regular Tusker House reservation I have and make a ROL dining package one.

Thank you so much. I have the dining plan, so the cost isn't really a factor, right?? Want to understand it all before I cancel the regular Tusker House reservation I have and make a ROL dining package one.

Correct dining plan would be 1 credit whether regular ADR or ROL ADR.

If you expand the Showstopping Delight section on the Rivers of Light Dining Package page you'll see "Rivers of Light Dining Package Prices (Dining Plan Eligible)"

I think the limited availability is due to people having made a previous TH res (which they still have or are holding on to)- so availability looks limited, but probably isn't.

So if you have an existing reservation and call the 1-800 number, are CMs able to change it to a ROL reservation or do they set aside a different block for them?

They are up for up to Thanksgiving week. Of course, there is no Tusker available for when I need it.

So if you have an existing reservation and call the 1-800 number, are CMs able to change it to a ROL reservation or do they set aside a different block for them?

No, you can't convert an already existing TH reservation.

I don't think this is possible but would be interested to hear other's opinions.

If I cancel a TH reservation, it should theoretically be added to the pool of available packages?

If I cancel a TH reservation, it should theoretically be added to the pool of available packages?

I have seen others claim success at doing this, but never tried it myself. Theoretically it should work, however Disney tends to defy logic, so I would only try this if you were 100% ok with losing the reservation (because there's a REALLY good chance you will).

I have seen others claim success at doing this, but never tried it myself. Theoretically it should work, however Disney tends to defy logic, so I would only try this if you were 100% ok with losing the reservation (because there's a REALLY good chance you will).

I think part of this depends on if they have any more ROL spots to add this reservation too. I agree with the possibility of losing it altogether...

Has anyone been able to book a package in December for Tusker House?

It displays like it is open, but there is no availability at all during anytime Friday December 15th. Hard to believe that all availability had been snagged in less than 24 hours :(

We too already have ADR for Tusker but its not the package, thinking we may cancel and just not worry about it.

TIA

Has anyone been able to book a package in December for Tusker House?

It displays like it is open, but there is no availability at all during anytime Friday December 15th. Hard to believe that all availability had been snagged in less than 24 hours :(

We too already have ADR for Tusker but its not the package, thinking we may cancel and just not worry about it.

TIA[/QUO
I think it would be added to the regular TH reservations not ROL reservations. They only have a certain amount of ROL packages available.
The package section is pretty large - based on what I've seen available, no way it's even half full with the availability I've seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter