Ribbon, eyelet, brads and fiber swap sign ups closed!!

mickeyfan2 said:
I am in 4 groups (brads, eyelets, ribbon and fiber). It is going first class with delivery confirmation and is traveling about 1000 miles. The cost was $1.71.

Thanks I'm in four groups too so was just trying to get an idea of what it will take.

I'm working on mine tonight so it should be mailed soon.

did my shopping today -- i bought mixed neutral brads -- purple fiber

i'll get this in the mail by friday

I'm all sorted but have another question.

Do I need to put my group and Dis name on every little baggie or just on the larger bag that each type is in?

I'll have this in the mail tomorrow.

Jenny L- I think just on the big bag will be okay.

Princess Tink- you have it exactly right.

I am really tired from my first day. I will update colors later! Thanks ladies!

quick question...i've signed up for 2 elements (ribbons & fibers). do i put the ribbons into 10 separate little baggies, and the fibers into 10 separate little baggies, then put the whole (20 little baggies) into one big baggie? or do i put 1 yard ribbon & 1 yard fiber into 1 baggie, making 10 little baggies and then put those (10 baggies) into 1 big baggie? can you please clarify? i tried reading & re-reading the pm...it sounded like it'd be the latter...but just wanted to make sure. thank you! :flower:

mickeyfan2 said:
I did the former. Sorry.

I did the former too, although I haven't mailed it yet, so I can fix it.

But I think everyone in the fibers group is not in the ribbon group and vice versa, so were you planning on sorting them out once your receive them? I don't want to make things harder on you, but I want to mail them the way you want to receive them! :flower:

If you have already done it that way it's okay! ?i will figure it out. Thanks

Sent my package out today and noticed yesterday that I was going to send red/pink heart brads which someone else is already doing, so I sent out yellow/orange stars and the metallic brads.

Diana Lyn said:
I did the former too, although I haven't mailed it yet, so I can fix it.

But I think everyone in the fibers group is not in the ribbon group and vice versa, so were you planning on sorting them out once your receive them? I don't want to make things harder on you, but I want to mail them the way you want to receive them! :flower:

I am totally confused now. Not everyone is in all of the groups. I thought this should mean that we would need to put the item for each group in it's own small bag and then put all 10 bags for that group in a larger bag. This would mean that I, being in Group 1 Fibers and Group 1 Ribbon would do this:

Make 10 bags of fiber, label each bag "Group 1 Fiber" and put them all in a larger bag also labeled "Group 1 Fiber". Then I would make 10 bags of ribbon, label each bag "Group 1 Ribbon" and put them all in a larger bag also labeled "Group 1 Ribbon".

That way, you should just need to put a small bag in everyone's envelope that is in Group 1 Fiber, Group 1 Ribbon, etc. Is this not right? I hosted a swap and found it very difficult to break out everyone's stuff when they combined things in different groups. I don't want to make this harder for you so I just need to make sure I understand.

TIA!

TPCShauna said:
I am totally confused now. Not everyone is in all of the groups. I thought this should mean that we would need to put the item for each group in it's own small bag and then put all 10 bags for that group in a larger bag. This would mean that I, being in Group 1 Fibers and Group 1 Ribbon would do this:

Make 10 bags of fiber, label each bag "Group 1 Fiber" and put them all in a larger bag also labeled "Group 1 Fiber". Then I would make 10 bags of ribbon, label each bag "Group 1 Ribbon" and put them all in a larger bag also labeled "Group 1 Ribbon".

That way, you should just need to put a small bag in everyone's envelope that is in Group 1 Fiber, Group 1 Ribbon, etc. Is this not right? I hosted a swap and found it very difficult to break out everyone's stuff when they combined things in different groups. I don't want to make this harder for you so I just need to make sure I understand.

TIA!

that's exactly what i was wondering...since not everyone is signed up for the same things in each group. but if you want the "latter", from my post, i will do that! unless we hear from bcarson, i guess we should send it the way she wants it. so i will do what she says...unless she comes & says otherwise. i'm already planning on doing the latter one, cuz she's already mentioned that that's what she wants. but i'll wait one more day before visiting the post office.
:flower:

TPCShauna said:

TIA!
This is how I did mine and sent it before she said to do it the other way.

I sent her 41 little baggies with each type then in its own bag (so 10/11 little baggies in one larger bag) and then the whole lot in one large bag. I too thought with not everyone in every type the individual bags would work best.

I also need to say thank you to my DH who brought me home the cutest tiny little baggies for me to put the eyelets and brads in. LOL he was laughing at me putting 10 of each in its own snack baggie so he brought me home a present.

Sorry I didn't see all this until now. I am not on nearly as much know that I am working days. I only one person is group 1 and 2. I prefered each element in its own small baggie and then one large baggie for each element. But if someone sends all the little baggies in one large one. I am not going to freak :rotfl: I may if you don't put it in little baggies and just throw it all in one big bag ;) But I will deal with however I get it. I am sure you all are marking it somehow to make it easier. Thanks

OK! I hope I did the right thing. I just send my stuff.

OK, I put the eyelets in 10 little bags, 10 each, the same for the brads, and the ribbon and fiber in another a little bit bigger bag, then I put ALL this bags in a Sandwich bag with a card inside with my info on it. then I put the 10 sandwichs bags in a big one galon ziploc bag with a note to the host.

I also enclosed a pre-paid priority flat rate envelope.

Was it OK like that?

jennyL said:
I also need to say thank you to my DH who brought me home the cutest tiny little baggies for me to put the eyelets and brads in. LOL he was laughing at me putting 10 of each in its own snack baggie so he brought me home a present.

That is too funny!

My big problem was with my DD11,who did not like the "BORING" blue brads I picked out. She successfully convinced me that we should send some fun ones too. So - for those of you in group 1 eyelets - there will be boring blue and bonus fun eyelets,courtesy of DD!

We used ebay for our purchases,so as soon as they get delivered, I'll get them sent out, in boring bags.

(For the record- I did have to humor DD, or she says she won't let me use HER eyelet tools and hammer!)

Okay, I've got them all sorted and ready to ship. Here are my colors:

Group 1
BRADS - Primary Multi Squares
EYELETS - Primary Multi
FIBER - watercolors
RIBBON - Primary textures (Red, Blue, or Yellow)

Do we have a send and received thead for this one? I can't find it :)

Just wanted to post that my package has arrived according to my conf #.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter