Ribbon, eyelet, brads and fiber swap sign ups closed!!

I got all my supplies and sorted them out.

Ribbon, eyelets and brads are all in green.

The fiber was not available in just green, so I got water colors. Most had green in them. So to compensate I put two yards of different colors for each exchange.I hope this is ok. Every package is different.

Are we sending you 9 or 10 packets of each? We need to send enough for the 9 other people in our group, right? I only ask because most ribbon comes in 3 yard spools. I can get 9 yards no problem but I need to know if I need to buy one more spool and have the two extra yards, or if I can just make a note to not send me my own ribbon and fiber. Thanks!

I have figured out the colors:

I am marissat in Group 1

fiber: white

ribbon: xmas (if not ok let me know) :confused:

eyelet: dark purple (almost navy blue looking) with a bonus yellow mickey balloon!!

brad: Mix of sherbert colors and sizes

thanks!!!
MArissa :earsgirl:

Okay I have updated again for now. Please pm me if I get any colors wrong or somehow leave you off. I noticed yesterday I had done that. I had removed someone who only wanted 2 groups and meant to put them in group 2. So Miss Bubbels you will see your name there now. Sorry about that. Mickeyteacher I fixed your name in group 1.

Patchchild- that is a good question. I personally would rather you go ahead and send it only because I think it would be confusing trying to remember which one not to send you , make sense? Unless someone has any ideas how I could do it. If this really puts someone out let me know. There are so many swaps on here though. YOu could probably get rid of extra ribbon somewhere else!

I will keep this open until Mon a.m. At that time if group 2 has not filled up you can sign up again if you would like. I am thinking about moving the date up a week or two. It seems like everyone is buying now. I hate for everyone to have to wait so long. Let me know what you think.

I'm fine with mailing sooner. We all seem to be buying quickly.

I didn't think I had a good source for fibers, but it turns out I do. Could I be added to Group 2 fibers in addition to my other 3? My color would be pastels.

I will post my other 3 categories colors this afternoon when I get home from shopping.

I'd like to be added to all 4 catergories in Group 2. I will be going to LSSS today so I will let you know colors later today.

Paula

Okay, I'll play- sign me up for all 4 in group 2. My color will be black, most likely black/white for fibers and ribbon. Thanks! :)

I think I'd like to play, too. I have not used any of these things in my scrapping, and I am feeling adventurous lately! :Pinkbounc I'd like to sign up for fibers, eyelets, and ribbon. (I think if I figured right, brads are full?)
Thanks!

I have my colors picked (I am in group 2):

Brads - Sage green (lite/dark mix)
Ribbon - Sage green/brown stripe
Fiber - Brown
Eyelets - Sage Green

Kathy

bcarson...just an update on my brads, they will be star-shaped in a variety of primary and jewel toned metallic colors.

BTW -THANKS so much for hosting this!

may i sign up? i read your other thread...didn't realize this was on...and i stumbled onto this! i'll go & move my questions from there to here...

have never worked w/ribbons, fibers, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

would love to join, so i can get a "collection" started. a couple of questions...

new to swap & swapping etiquette...(ok, i'll be honest...only have one swap under my belt!!) w/that being said...

1) do i just get ribbon of one type, and cut them into a yard strip? (or how many ever yard/inches the host states?

2) fibers...is that the same as yarn? or maybe that's something totally different?

3) do we just pick any color?

4) do we include that postage stamp ($3.85, i think it was) in our package for the host. this was how we turned in our swap stuff to the host on my one & only swap i've participated.

and now...maybe others can give me ideas on how one would use fibers/ribbons/etc. i've used eyelets. they're cute! but now, i'm venturing out into something unknown! thank you!!

rsjj said:
1) do i just get ribbon of one type, and cut them into a yard strip? (or how many ever yard/inches the host states?

2) fibers...is that the same as yarn? or maybe that's something totally different?

3) do we just pick any color?

4) do we include that postage stamp ($3.85, i think it was) in our package for the host. this was how we turned in our swap stuff to the host on my one & only swap i've participated.

and now...maybe others can give me ideas on how one would use fibers/ribbons/etc. i've used eyelets. they're cute! but now, i'm venturing out into something unknown! thank you!!

I will attempt to answer some of your questions. I hope our hostess doesn't mind. :)

1) Typically you select some ribbon you love and cut it into strips that are the specified length; in this case - 1 yard.

2) Fibers are typically yarn. At least that is what I usually use. There are so many fun yarns out now that it is easy to find something cute, funky and different. I buy my yarn at Michaels and at yarn stores. (Michaels is cheaper!)

3) I think the hostess is fine with that as long as it's not been chosen for that group. She will have to specify further.

4) The new postage rate for Priority Mail envelopes is $4.05. I think the hostess said she wanted us to send her a stamp.

Ideas) I am just getting more into the whole fiber/ribbon thing in my pages. I use fibers for tags and as embellishments on pages. It looks so cool to have several coordinating fibers in the hole of a tag. On one recent layout, I used blue yarn to represent a meandering "river" on the page I was making to talk about our river rafting trip.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

I'll play!! :wave:

I'd like group 2 fibers and ribbon...and I'll take blue, please. (It was just no more blue in group 1 since there was already so much, right??)

Thanks!! :teeth:

Okay I have updated once again. We are getting down to the end. Some people may not have gotten into all the groups. I tried to take in the order of who posted first. I belive I did that. I added one person into fibers on group 2. I don't think this will be a way big deal. Fiber usually has a lot on the role. WE only need two people for eyelets and were done. Does anyone who is already in want that spot? That would probably be the easiest way.
Please let me know the rest of colors ASAP.

As far as shipping. I will pm you all hopefully by tommorrow my address. I am leaving it if I get everybody's packages sooner, I will ship sooner. So when you are done send it in.

I would like everyone to put the elements in an individual baggie Then a large bag for each set of elements. Please mark the group number and your dis name. Please send a stamped return envelope somewhere in the package. I think the easiest way to do this is have everyone weigh the package at the post office and send that much and one more .39 stamp. I don't think it should way that much more when I send it. That way no one should way over pay. I don't want to have to send back a bunch of money or change for that matter. Honestly unless someone grossly overpays I am not going to mess with that. I will hopefully have everything sealed before I get to the post office. I hope that doesn't bother anyone. I will send this all out again in a pm by tommorrow evening. Thank you Shauna for answering the questions. If you have anymore let me know. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter