Ribbon, eyelet, brads and fiber swap sign ups closed!!

TPCShauna said:
I will attempt to answer some of your questions. I hope our hostess doesn't mind. :)

1) Typically you select some ribbon you love and cut it into strips that are the specified length; in this case - 1 yard.

2) Fibers are typically yarn. At least that is what I usually use. There are so many fun yarns out now that it is easy to find something cute, funky and different. I buy my yarn at Michaels and at yarn stores. (Michaels is cheaper!)

3) I think the hostess is fine with that as long as it's not been chosen for that group. She will have to specify further.

4) The new postage rate for Priority Mail envelopes is $4.05. I think the hostess said she wanted us to send her a stamp.

Ideas) I am just getting more into the whole fiber/ribbon thing in my pages. I use fibers for tags and as embellishments on pages. It looks so cool to have several coordinating fibers in the hole of a tag. On one recent layout, I used blue yarn to represent a meandering "river" on the page I was making to talk about our river rafting trip.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

thank you for answering my questions, Shauna! appreciate it!!

whoo hoo, i'm in!! i only want to sign up for ribbons & fibers. no eyelets. will pm the host & clarify that. :flower:

bcarson said:
I added one person into fibers on group 2. I don't think this will be a way big deal. Fiber usually has a lot on the role. !

ooh, I just noticed that *I* am #11 in the group....if that's a problem for anyone, feel free to let me know, and I'll drop out of that one. Sorry!
:wave:

Thanks for doing this!! :)

MomOf2DisneyKids said:
ooh, I just noticed that *I* am #11 in the group....if that's a problem for anyone, feel free to let me know, and I'll drop out of that one. Sorry!
:wave:

Thanks for doing this!! :)

Nope, MomOf2DisneyKids, I am fine with you being #11. Just means we get 1 more yard of fiber for all of us :teeth:

Kathy

I did some shopping today. Here are my colors if there are any problems let me know and I can change up.

eyelets - mixed brights
brads - mixed brights
fiber - white
ribbon - striped with pink/blue/green/yellow

Yeap if you can't tell all of mine coordinate. So if you are in all of group 2 that will be good.

Question: How do I package everything? Do I put everything in allseperate baggies and label them as Group 2 and my name? Then put all of each type in another bag and mail them all in? I'm hoping to sort this afternoon and then I'll just have to wait for the address to mail.

Thanks everyone this was fun to shop for.

I packaged each of mine in separate collections, one for each person, and then put all 10 of one element into a bag. For the ribbon and fiber, I folded/wrapped them and closed the bundle with a strip of paper, like a miniature skein of embroidery floss. For the eyelets and brads, I folded each set of 10 up into a small paper packet and taped it closed. Then, realizing that it was now impossible to tell what was in the paper packet, I labled the bags I put each set in.

Does that make any sense?

So for each person you have a baggie with all of their pieces from you in it? That would help the hostess as long as everything was labeled good. I guess.

i'll do eyelets if there is room for one more just to fill it up. they will be bright yellow flowers

I narrowed down my colors today:

Eyelets: pink, white, and red hearts and circles.
Fibers: browns and tans
Ribbon: Red, white and blue (perfect for 4th of July pages)
Brads: silver hearts.

Now time to sort and label.

Paula

Okay I think we are officially closed now. I will update colors tommorrow. I am really tired right now. Thanks everyone!

patchchild said:
I packaged each of mine in separate collections, one for each person, and then put all 10 of one element into a bag. For the ribbon and fiber, I folded/wrapped them and closed the bundle with a strip of paper, like a miniature skein of embroidery floss. For the eyelets and brads, I folded each set of 10 up into a small paper packet and taped it closed. Then, realizing that it was now impossible to tell what was in the paper packet, I labled the bags I put each set in.

Does that make any sense?

I already did mine this afternoon....I did separate baggies for the ribbon and for the fibers. I didn't think about wrapping it around paper, I just wrapped it around my hand, pulled it off, then put it in the baggie like that. Does that sound ok, or should I redo them and put it on paper? Thanks!

ps--American Scrapper...thanks! :teeth:

I think the important part is just doing something so that our wonderful host and organizer doesn't earn gray hairs trying to untangle the fibers we send her.

and bought all my stuff!

here are my colors...

ribbon-yellow/green

fiber-yellowish green

i tried to match them so that at least, you'd have some matching things to work w/ in your pages or projects that you're working on. not sure if that was what we were suppose to do?

i can't wait to get the details of packaging & mailing!! i'm so excited. this was so easy!! i didn't have to make a thing! :rotfl: :flower:

Okay I have sent everyone an email with my address. If I missed you please let me know! I may check in the a.m. but otherwise will check back after work tommorrow! Wish me luck I start my new position! thanks

bcarson said:
Okay I have sent everyone an email with my address. If I missed you please let me know! I may check in the a.m. but otherwise will check back after work tommorrow! Wish me luck I start my new position! thanks
Here is some pixie dust for you to use at your new position.

bcarson said:

good luck at your new job/position!!

Good luck in your new postition!

Just to clarify, as I'm new to this. You want 10 packs of 10 eyelets (and/or) brads, 10 skeins of 1 yr ribbon (and/or) fibers.... then place them in a group bag for each element.

-Mark the group number and dis name for each element bag
-Send these to you along with a postage paid envelope (in the amount it cost us to send the pkg to you) and throw in an extra .39 stamp.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks,
Micaela

jennyL said:
How much did it cost to mail it out?
I am in 4 groups (brads, eyelets, ribbon and fiber). It is going first class with delivery confirmation and is traveling about 1000 miles. The cost was $1.71.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter