Restaurants to avoid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Places we didn't really care for:

Coral Reef: I liked my meal, but my dd thought her fish was lacking in taste. The service was horrible.

Le Cellier: Service was great, but the steak was horrible. I can get a better steak at Longhorn and for 1/3 the price. The desserts were good, though.

H & V lunch: Although it had great character interaction, I thought the food was horrible. WE left there still hungry! We are trying breakfast there this year as you really can't screw up breakfast.

Cindy's breakfast at castle: I can't belive I payed that much for the food they served! Norway was a much better deal!

Entrées

Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon - with wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb butter sauce $25.99

I had this meal at Le Cellier and it was incredible (combined with the good service and fun atmosphere, it was topnotch.) But is that price really that out of line? I think I pay that much at Longhorn.

As for CRT - I tell everyone I paid $200.00 for a family of four to visit the castle and get pictures - the lunch was complimentary. My family thought the food was ok, but I loved the Major Domo's Pie and dessert. I think I like everywhere. I eat at H&V every visit, and always walk away happy.

We HATED Sci-Fi...it was horrible. Suffice it to say that we hadn't even left the restaurant and I was running to the bathroom. I was sick the entire rest of the day. About an hour later DH got sick as well. I would NEVER go there again. YUCK.

The absolute worst meal we ever had was our first time at WDW at Tony's Town Square. We didn't have the meal plan and the pasta was overpriced. Our pasta was sticky and the meatballs dry.

The only restaurant we will avoid in the future is Cinderella's Royal Gala at GF...gross, yuck, I'd rather chew off my own leg :sick: It was our first time there for dinner, the smell was so bad that we raced to the doors to get out for some fresh clean air as soon as we were done. The food was dull, it all tasted the same. To be honest, I've had QS meals that were 10 times better than that. I can't believe that restaurant is in the GF :sad2:

I am currently listening to the book "Creating Magic" by Lee Cockerell (former Executive VP of Operations for WDW) on cd. I just got to a point were Lee said that WDW had hired some world class Chefs that brought WDW restaurants to world renown status. What? :confused3The book was published in 2008. What happened to these Chefs?:rolleyes1 Le Cellier was the only place i would put in this category. Hey a new thread. :banana:

I think that these chefs are all gone and have been replaced by short order cooks. These free dining programs have totally dumbed down the WDW eatery menus, and riuned what used to be an experience to look forward to. Disney dining. A real shame..............:sad2:

Entrées

Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon - with wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb butter sauce $25.99

I had this meal at Le Cellier and it was incredible (combined with the good service and fun atmosphere, it was topnotch.) But is that price really that out of line? I think I pay that much at Longhorn.

QUOTE]

Hello,

That's a lunch price, the actual price of the mushroom filet at Le Cellier is $34.99, quite a bit higher than a Longhorn, although it's much better than a chain steak.

Hope that helps,

Take care,

Bill

I have been eating many years at WDW. IMO the DDP ruined the menus!
Over the years they have been dumbing down the menus until very little is left :sad1:

QUOTE]

It is more than just the dining plan that is dumming down the total WDW experience. It is cost cutting measures overall. The resort drink menus that used to be fun and unique to the theming of each resort have also been "standardized".

Dis unplugged is currently blasting the Liberty Tree Tavern. They are complaining about the quality of food and service. If i was treated the way they were i would have verbally destroyed the CM.

The restaurant at WL that does the breakfast buffet. The sad thing is that it would be so easy to serve hot breakfast food. We loved seeing the kids having fun but all of the food was cold. I mean really cold. I asked for another serving of eggs and received (about 15 mins later) another skillet full of sausages, bacon, waffles and EGGS (I don't eat meat, so quite a waste)
Too easy to just get it right.:sad2:

We won't eat at Sunshine Seasons again. It wasn't that the food was bad, just wasn't our style at all. We are more of a meat and potatoes kind of family. My husband really hated the place. DD9 couldn't find anything she liked. DD8 and I shared something unmemorable, but barely ate any of it. Meal was very overpriced for what we got, and took forever to go to all the differant areas to pick out things the kids MIGHT eat.

At least there was plenty of seating and the room was air conditioned. Also, I believe it was clean. Someone else might like it just fine. We, however, didn't.

Tony's

food is ok but boy does service suck! Both times we got the same crappy waiter who seemed angry that he had to serve us our food. Never again.

ABC Commissary!!!! It is the worst place (without a doubt) that we have ever tried in or out of WDW. The food was inedible. We threw the hamburgers away (after taking them back once for new ones)-they tasted old and rotten. They should be truly ashamed............

I have two:

Whispering Cafe (dinner) and Mama Melrose (dinner).

I received some of the WORST service of my entire life at these two venues and the food was equally as bad. What a waste of several hundred dollars! Never again.

When at HS we eat dinner at Sci-fi as the food is wonderful and it has a great atmosphere! I hope they still have the carmel corn cheesecake!

But our #1 place....drum roll...is dinner at 'Ohana. We are staying 7 nights in October and have 3 dinner ressies for 'Ohana...YUM YUM YUM!!! My family finds themselves talking about and craving 'Ohana's all year long.

ABC Commissary!!!! It is the worst place (without a doubt) that we have ever tried in or out of WDW. The food was inedible. We threw the hamburgers away (after taking them back once for new ones)-they tasted old and rotten. They should be truly ashamed............

Funny how that happens. We have eaten there many times over the last 20 years since they opened the Studios, and have never had a problem there.

I have two:

Whispering Cafe (dinner) and Mama Melrose (dinner).

I received some of the WORST service of my entire life at these two venues and the food was equally as bad. What a waste of several hundred dollars! Never again.

When at HS we eat dinner at Sci-fi as the food is wonderful and it has a great atmosphere! I hope they still have the carmel corn cheesecake!

But our #1 place....drum roll...is dinner at 'Ohana. We are staying 7 nights in October and have 3 dinner ressies for 'Ohana...YUM YUM YUM!!! My family finds themselves talking about and craving 'Ohana's all year long.

Once again, we have eaten at Mama Melrose numerous times, and the food was always good, service has always been excellent. So it just goes to show you, every restaurant has it's bad days.

Jiko - too exotic of foods for me but DH liked it.
Chef Mickey's - Great for a character meal but the food was terrible
50's Cafe - food is too Cracker Barrelish for me which is fine but just not what I wanted.

Liberty Tree Tavern is the worst! I tried it 3 times and each time had stuff that was over-cooked, soggy, bland - tasted like the worst of my mother's cooking - and she couldn't cook! Plus it crams too many people in too little space and you have to wait forever to get this bad food.

ABC Commissary - like everyone else. Coral Reef - bad service , food is expensive and not good - and personally I don't like dining under water - jmo.

And I hate the Wilderness Lodge restaurant. Long wait even with ADRs, terrible service, horrible food, noisy, not fun. I dislike it so much that even though I love the lodge and the rest of the resort, I won't stay there again because of that restaurant... yech.

Oh - and though the food is excellent, Todd's Blue Zoo is so cold it requires a winter jacket to make it through the meal and I have trouble with my coat's sleeves getting in my food.....

A new fave? I mean besides Flying Fish which is my all time favorite is Il Mulatos at the Swan - great food, great service, great atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter