Restaurants to avoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstevens

Mouseketeer
I'm hoping everybody will join in and add their own opinion to this list. While one persons opinion is just that, everybody can use it as a guide line. Of course facts are facts. For example the reason i started this thread, Kona Cafe. My wife and i ate there on May 7th with a 8:30PM reservation. While the service was good, the fruit flies were not. Fruit flies you ask? Yes, fruit flies. I'm not sure if they migrated in from the kitchen or not. Were else would they have come from? Also the Prime Rib and NY strip steak were ok. The NY was under cooked and PR was bland. Not worth another visit. In my opinion.

The Sci-Fi. The food went downhill - way downhill. Last time I had the ribs. They were mostly fat.

On top of that the show isn't even sci-fi anymore. It's a bunch of commercials for the snack bar and a cartoon. I was embarrassed when we took 2 first timers here last year. They were expecting a lot of 50s sci-fi clips (like it used to be in the 90s). The show has been so tamed down that now it's just another kiddie restaurant.

I have to agree with Sci-Fi. We were there in March and took the kids. I LOVE the theming, but the food was not good. It wasn't great when we went last year, but I really wanted to take the kids to experience it with us this time around.

Needless to say, DH and I agreed we won't be going back.

The only one I can really think of that we always avoid is ABC Commisary. We gave it 2 chances and no more!!! :sad2:

A big *ick* to Tutto Italia. We ate there twice with disastrous meals both times....I have no clue what everyone is finding so great about that one.

Also Tony's in the MK and sadly the current version of Spoodles. We're hoping for a better menu at the new place when it opens....Kat something-or-other. LOL

We've eaten at all but a half dozen places at WDW and the ones we will not return to anytime soon would be Whispering Canyon Cafe, Yak n Yeti and San Angel Inn. (While I agree Sci Fi has terrible food, the milkshakes and the atmosphere make it worth a trip--just skip the food).

My biggest dining disappointment to date was the Coral Reef. I've heard that the menu changes seasonally, maybe that's why we were soo disappointed with it. Food disappointing and service HORRIBLE.

Places I won't eat at again...

ABC Commissary
Hollywood & Vine
The stir fry section of Sunshine Seasons

Hollywood and Vine- most insane children there the time we ate; the place was a mess. If I were an FDA inspector, I would've had a field day here.

Tomorrowland Noodle Station- I would've rather boiled my own water and added ramen to it myself.

I love Coral Reef though... to each his/her own!!!!

Yak and Yeti

Gave it two goes and never again.

Had the Dim Sum basket and was edible but that's it. Lettuce cups good. Egg rolls felt empty and flavorless.

Duck OK. Stir fried vegtables a big disappointment.

Sweet and Sour chicken had a ton of bell peppers and pineapple mixed in.

The fried rice is better at your local chinese restaurant.

Drinks weak, expensive and small.

We've eaten pretty much everywhere, multiple times, so here is a very short list:

- Brown Derby
- Hollywood & Vine (sense a pattern with DHS restaurants, yuck!)
- Spoodles
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (have eaten here at least 5x and it's always bad food/serivce, but good character interaction, so do it for our DD)
- Chef Mickey's (same thing as Akershus - nasty food, bad service, dirty, rowdy and unorganized)

Happy eating, Tiger

probably the only place i would absolutely not eat at again is Marrakesh. It wasn't even that bad...I can just get better food like that at home and there's better options in the world showcase.

We've eaten pretty much everywhere, multiple times, so here is a very short list:

- Brown Derby
- Hollywood & Vine (sense a pattern with DHS restaurants, yuck!)
- Spoodles
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (have eaten here at least 5x and it's always bad food/serivce, but good character interaction, so do it for our DD)
- Chef Mickey's (same thing as Akershus - nasty food, bad service, dirty, rowdy and unorganized)

Happy eating, Tiger

Mama Melrose is the only good food at DHS

Crystal Palace, ESPN Club, Big River Brew Works.

This is just an assessment of food...You can't beat the Pooh interaction at CP, or watching a game at ESPN. But the food in all these places we found to be awful.

For me it has got to be California Grille (YUCK) and Coral Reef..........

Don't know if we just went on an off day but DH says never again.....

Also Tony's in the MK and sadly the current version of Spoodles. We're hoping for a better menu at the new place when it opens....Kat something-or-other. LOL

What do you mean by the current version of Spoodles? Has quality decreased? We have loved Spoodles for years...:goodvibes

I'd have to agree with Sci Fi. If I ever went back, it would just be for ice cream and atmosphere.

We LOVED the Brown Derby though - and Coral Reef.

What do you mean by the current version of Spoodles? Has quality decreased? We have loved Spoodles for years...:goodvibes

Yep, Spoodles is closing, and celebrity chef Cat Cora (with "C's" ;) ) is opening a Mediterranean spot called Kouzzina. No definitive date yet, altho the Disney press releases say Fall of 09.

This thread got me to thinking - the only sure fire way to know which restaurants to avoid is to avoid all of them. That way, you don't run the risk of being disappointed. :confused3

I don't think that's a valid option. You just have to see for yourself, y'know?

'Ohana
Tony's Town Square
Coral Reef
Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner)
Chefs de France

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter