Resort Change by Disney

A friend of mine was just contacted (3 CST give or take) by DW and told they are being moved from their booked Value resort (arriving on July 17th) to DVC Resort. The person on the phone specifically stated it was due to the NBA coming in. I thought "hmmmmm" so googled NBA Disney World and see that the NBA owners just voted to start the season at DW July 31st.

I thought that nba was signed and sealed with coronado springs, not a value? do you know what dvc they’re moved to and what value they were staying at? not that I don’t believe you, just would like some more details as your post was kinda vauge!

I asked him again. I cannot speak for what they are doing with Coronado - my friend's resort is/was going to be Caribbean Beach. They are now being moved to a different DVC resort. Just posting about their change that was made by Disney. I am reluctant to get into details of their trip.. it is theirs. Don't mind sharing mine: My family is at AKL Kidani July 11-18 and 2 days ago it was reported the NBA could be staying at AKL as well (we have not been contacted - just stating there could be more than one hotel involved..not just Coronado). Anyway, I was just telling ya'll per the thread title. I assure you we have better things to do than come up with some junk post about moving resorts. I would do that on a vlog with some click bait title. :) Be safe!

Last edited:
I asked him again. I cannot speak for what they are doing with Coronado - my friend's resort is/was going to be Caribbean Beach. They are now being moved to a different DVC resort. Just posting about their change that was made by Disney. I am reluctant to get into details of their trip.. it is theirs and my info is through text messages. My family is at DW July 11-18 at AKL and 2 days ago it was reported the NBA could be staying there as well (google NBA Animal Kingdom). I was just telling ya'll. I assure you we have better things to do than come up with some junk post about moving resorts. I would do that on a vlog with some click bait title. :)

I think you threw people off with the "value" resort - Caribbean Beach is not a value resort.

I asked him again. I cannot speak for what they are doing with Coronado - my friend's resort is/was going to be Caribbean Beach. They are now being moved to a different DVC resort. Just posting about their change that was made by Disney. I am reluctant to get into details of their trip.. it is theirs and my info is through text messages. My family is at DW July 11-18 at AKL and 2 days ago it was reported the NBA could be staying there as well (google NBA Animal Kingdom). I was just telling ya'll. I assure you we have better things to do than come up with some junk post about moving resorts. I would do that on a vlog with some click bait title. :)

thanks so much for the info!!! interesting they’d be moved from CBR, wonder what that means for the skyliner? regardless, makes me feel better they’re reaching out to people about moving trips. I’m at movies in august and low key hoping for an upgrade 😂

thanks so much for the info!!! interesting they’d be moved from CBR, wonder what that means for the skyliner? regardless, makes me feel better they’re reaching out to people about moving trips. I’m at movies in august and low key hoping for an upgrade 😂
I'm at movies the week of July 18th, I wouldnt complain about moving either lol

DISCLAIMER: This is information just to keep in mind and is fluid with so much for Disney to coordinate. It came from an inside source this week. Things could happen this way or not; but this is what they've been told most recently.

We all know the DVC and campground will be opening first. They were told that when Disney begins to open it will be Deluxe resorts only minus one. Moderates and Values will not open at the beginning - this would be why the information about moving guests. It gets further complicated as they are looking at each individual reservation ... and guests will be handled individually, so what you hear happens to someone else might not happen to you. They said some may get moved, some may get cancelled.

In resorts, obviously there will be lots of operational changes to reduce guest/CM interactions.

Yes, discussion is that CSR will be reserved for two sports leagues but that is still in negotiations. With values and moderates closed, so will be the skyliner, for now. No boats from resorts to parks; they will use monorail or buses or walk. This is to avoid close quarters and constant sanitizing. Ferry boat will operate to MK and sounds like non-Disney guests will not be using monorail to MK reserving for guests. Boats will be used for FW and WL. I suppose not using for monorail resorts gives them more boats for those resorts, carrying less people.

AGAIN, this was shared by someone inside, who works resorts and has been there for years. Plans are ever evolving and changing. I share it because if I were booked I would want to be prepared for just about anything happening. What was shared seemed so, wow, but made sense and I can't blame them for wanting to open safe, and the best way financially.
thank you for sharing! I hope everyone going that isn't DVC is booking refundable backup hotels (and if they hadn't this should give them the kick in the pants they need to do so).

I wondered about the skyliner as well. Anyway, I corrected the first post about value (we own at AKL - Jambo). They are not die hard Disney like all of us :earsboy: and, after the text discussing their move, I called to get more info and realized they were saying CBR was a value because the move was an "upgrade". I smiled and congratulated them.

I asked him again. I cannot speak for what they are doing with Coronado - my friend's resort is/was going to be Caribbean Beach. They are now being moved to a different DVC resort. Just posting about their change that was made by Disney. I am reluctant to get into details of their trip.. it is theirs. Don't mind sharing mine: My family is at AKL Kidani July 11-18 and 2 days ago it was reported the NBA could be staying at AKL as well (we have not been contacted - just stating there could be more than one hotel involved..not just Coronado). Anyway, I was just telling ya'll per the thread title. I assure you we have better things to do than come up with some junk post about moving resorts. I would do that on a vlog with some click bait title. :) Be safe!

Was he given a choice of resort? Or just told the DVC Resort he’d be going to?

Not asking you to reveal where, just whether the initial report that guests would not have a say in where

A friend of mine was just contacted (3 CST give or take) by DW and told they are being moved from their booked CBR room (arriving on July 17th) to another DVC Resort. The person on the phone specifically stated it was due to the NBA coming in. I thought "hmmmmm" so googled NBA Disney World and see that the NBA owners just voted to start the season at DW July 31st.
First Thank you for the update. Any update helps as we go day to day trying to read "tea" leaves of the plans for Guests, MLS and NBA to all bring back jobs of local Disney CMs in the Orlando area.
I think you threw people off with the "value" resort - Caribbean Beach is not a value resort.
Dave

I wondered about the skyliner as well. Anyway, I corrected the first post about value (we own at AKL - Jambo). They are not die hard Disney like all of us :earsboy: and, after the text discussing their move, I called to get more info and realized they were saying CBR was a value because the move was an "upgrade". I smiled and congratulated them.
Do you happen to know if they'd already bought their tickets? (I'm watching to see if that has anything to do with a possible decision on canceling vs moving a guest's reservation.)

Interesting, We have a reservation for Pop that was meant to be a Birthday Week trip but we've held onto the reservation and even modified it to 7/10-7/16 before Disney locked down modifications. Hoping we get moved versus outright cancelled, was meant to get the Disney fix earlier in the year but COVID had other plans :(

I saw somewhere else on these forums that they heard from a TA’s friend that somebody’s client reservation also got moved to AKL I believe.

thank you for sharing! I hope everyone going that isn't DVC is booking refundable backup hotels (and if they hadn't this should give them the kick in the pants they need to do so).
We have a split dvc/non-dvc stay. I considered booking swolphin for the non-dvc but they’re wanting $700+ per night 😳 What the heck?!? Not sure any other offsite hotel will have any priority for getting in the parks.
Here’s screenshot to prove this ridiculousness:

We have a reservation at POR starting July 11, 2020 we were cancelled in March. I am so nervous we will be cancelled instead of being moved to a different resort. I just pray we are moved and not cancelled.
We check into POR on the 10th. I am so worried too!!!

We have a split dvc/non-dvc stay. I considered booking swolphin for the non-dvc but they’re wanting $700+ per night 😳 What the heck?!? Not sure any other offsite hotel will have any priority for getting in the parks.
That would imply that the Dolphin is near their capacity at that time or the Marriott booking system is broken at the moment. With the NBA and MLS rumors / facts are floating around it might be almost full at a reduced capacity.

Dave

View attachment 499084
Yeah last week we booked one July night there and it was around 308 included taxes and fees for 3 adults so its gone up in the last week. Still cheaper using mariott points wise though

View attachment 499084
OMG THAT'S INSANE... also I wonder if they know something we don't...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter