Resort Change by Disney

Thanks so much for your reply!! I’m also thinking Disney is going to have to increase dining availability. I don’t think quick service is going to get it. I’m certainly not giving up hope. Thanks again!!
Disney will open more and more food and beverage options. This is just the initial list for the June 22 opening of DVC and Ft Wilderness.

Dave

I've read back several pages but there is something I don't understand. I am booked (thru Disney, not DVC) for Riviera at the end of August. I see people writing their cash reservations may be cancelled by Disney. Isn't Riviera opening? Or is there some indication that they will cancel reservations there without moving guests?
Hi, sorry, that person would be me and I apologize if I made you worry. Our situation is a bit different as we are traveling during mid-July during a period that Disney has Riviera blocked out, even for DVC owners. I’m a Riviera owner and can’t book a point stay (even for one night) between exactly July 15-Aug 15. Whatever Disney is doing with Riviera, it appears it ends by then. Given we’re somewhat locked into dates and resort preference, we’d be hesitant to accept any move Disney provides. We’ve already lost our Aulani trip this month, so it’s been a bit of a tough go to start with.

Disney will open more and more food and beverage options. This is just the initial list for the June 22 opening of DVC and Ft Wilderness.

Dave
I sure hope so Dave. I don’t want to be left with just long lines at quick service!!

Unclear. They certainly have a special relationship with WDW. If I had to guess though I’d guess no.
I’d have to agree. Disney can control capacity in its own resorts but they cannot control it at the Good Neighbor hotels. With Disney doing as much as they can to limit tickets and the number of rooms onsite, I would say it’s more likely than not that they will not extend the priority booking to other hotels.

Ugh, I can already feel Disney trip attempt #3 slipping away (cash stay Riviera 7/17-7/24). No more back-up trips for us. If Disney doesn’t do the work to make it right for us, we’ll just call it and do something non-Disney. My Disney spirit is an inch from being broken at this point. Hopefully they cancel us so I can use that as ammo to request a refund on our AP renewals.

Given that RIVera is open, I don’t think you will be canceled. They are only canceling those at closed resorts...or maybe moving them.

Last edited:

DISCLAIMER: This is information just to keep in mind and is fluid with so much for Disney to coordinate. It came from an inside source this week. Things could happen this way or not; but this is what they've been told most recently.

We all know the DVC and campground will be opening first. They were told that when Disney begins to open it will be Deluxe resorts only minus one. Moderates and Values will not open at the beginning - this would be why the information about moving guests. It gets further complicated as they are looking at each individual reservation ... and guests will be handled individually, so what you hear happens to someone else might not happen to you. They said some may get moved, some may get cancelled.

In resorts, obviously there will be lots of operational changes to reduce guest/CM interactions.

Yes, discussion is that CSR will be reserved for two sports leagues but that is still in negotiations. With values and moderates closed, so will be the skyliner, for now. No boats from resorts to parks; they will use monorail or buses or walk. This is to avoid close quarters and constant sanitizing. Ferry boat will operate to MK and sounds like non-Disney guests will not be using monorail to MK reserving for guests. Boats will be used for FW and WL. I suppose not using for monorail resorts gives them more boats for those resorts, carrying less people.

AGAIN, this was shared by someone inside, who works resorts and has been there for years. Plans are ever evolving and changing. I share it because if I were booked I would want to be prepared for just about anything happening. What was shared seemed so, wow, but made sense and I can't blame them for wanting to open safe, and the best way financially.
Does this mean the DVC part of deluxe or all rooms in the deluxe resorts (except the one)?

I've read back several pages but there is something I don't understand. I am booked (thru Disney, not DVC) for Riviera at the end of August. I see people writing their cash reservations may be cancelled by Disney. Isn't Riviera opening? Or is there some indication that they will cancel reservations there without moving guests?

Yes. So, there would not be a reason to cancel any reservations for RiV as it opens June 22nd

No I know. But pp said they’re opening only deluxe. Is it all of the deluxe resorts or just DVC?

I think she was talking in the next phase. First DVC and then they will begin opening deluxe resorts to increase onsite guests.

No one knows when they will open beyond DVC. Those at values and moderates will be moved or canceled, until WDW is ready to open the, back up.

I was told that movement to DVC would be the first thing before we saw any WDW resorts open...but, as things in Florida change, and number of reservations change that plan will change.

It was also a plan that was not defined so it could have been a few days,a few weeks, a few months, or not at all.

I’d have to agree. Disney can control capacity in its own resorts but they cannot control it at the Good Neighbor hotels. With Disney doing as much as they can to limit tickets and the number of rooms onsite, I would say it’s more likely than not that they will not extend the priority booking to other hotels.
According to DFB anything booked through Disney’s partners hotels will be honored.

According to DFB anything booked through Disney’s partners hotels will be honored.

I agree. They may not be in the first phase, but I could see them being phase two before they open up for tickets or new resort modifications or reservations

Thanks so much for your reply!! I’m also thinking Disney is going to have to increase dining availability. I don’t think quick service is going to get it. I’m certainly not giving up hope. Thanks again!!
Dave
I sure hope so Dave. I don’t want to be left with just long lines at quick service!!

The call backs for dining locations at the resorts that has been released is for the opening of the DVC resorts June 22nd. I am not educated on the rules of DVC but I personally would not want to go to Disney and use up my points if the parks are not going to be open. If folks can defer ... does that mean they expect such a low occupancy those first few weeks they are opening only so many restaurants. EX: Poly DVC is open as is Kona. The question is when the hotel portion opens in July will Ohana then open? If you are going during the DVC phase only I would expect the list we saw. IF you go after the parks open, I would expect more restaurants open that phase.

It should. It is a Disney good neighbor hotel.

Not to be picky but this is an issue we address all the time on the Orlando Hotels board. Four Seasons is NOT a Good Neighbor hotel. There are actually tons of Good Neighbor, it only means Disney approved, kind of like AAA approved.

The hotels that are NOT Disney hotels but get the perks are -
- Disney World Official Hotels (Disney Springs & some Bonnet Creek)
- Four Seasons
- Swan Dolphin, which is a weird category on its own

The Disney Gateway Hotels (Flamingo Crossing) and Good Neighbor do not get the perks. Someday maybe Gateway since they bought Disney land to build and Disney controls what they were able to build.

The reason I always correct this is ... sadly too many book Good Neighbor thinking they get perks because a well know website proclaimed they did and it took on a life of it's own. They never have and never will. If you want the special perks DO NOT book Good Neighbor.

Does this mean the DVC part of deluxe or all rooms in the deluxe resorts (except the one)?
If they're moving people to Deluxe it would have to include the hotel side. There simply aren't enough villas for everyone to get moved into.
No I know. But pp said they’re opening only deluxe. Is it all of the deluxe resorts or just DVC?

DVC rooms open June 22 with reduced restaurants and no parks open.

The deluxe resorts are to open July 11 when the parks start to open, and we assume more restaurants, for existing reservations. We don't know yet when they will open more rooms for booking - I would assume after they finish figuring out their final decision on what resorts open and how many rooms in each, and they finish making whatever moves they are making.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter