Removing Glasses and Mugs Again?

Won't change unless people communicate to DVC. From the looks of this thread, most people really don't seem to care.
Slowly they are taking the little things away, especially from studios. I for one, want what I purchased, and that includes mugs and having the pull-out sofa made up in advance. Nothing like finding out it's not made up until you're ready to go to sleep.
I wrote to the Beach Club GM and DVC's Ken Potrock after our stay in May. We are playing phone tag and after I speak with someone, I'll let you know what was said.

Talk is cheap and they have their reasons for what they do and we really aren't part of the process. After a few years of thinking that we could make a difference I finally realized that they know everything that we report to them, they just don't see the cost savings in talking action or making change and to them that is their only motivator. They don't have to make you happy, they have you, they know it and there is nothing that you can do except sell your contract to someone else who will take your place. In addition DVC is just a very small part of Disney's world and they might not even have a say in what the resort and housekeeping do. I was told once by the DVC executive office that the resort probably would listen more to me than them.

:earsboy: Bill

I didn't get the usual post stay survey after my trip to Kidani in April. There was a letter in the room when I checked in with contact info for the resort manager. I haven't sent my comments yet because I still haven't calmed down enough to politely address all the issues I encountered.

Talk is cheap and they have their reasons for what they do and we really aren't part of the process. After a few years of thinking that we could make a difference I finally realized that they know everything that we report to them, they just don't see the cost savings in talking action or making change and to them that is their only motivator. They don't have to make you happy, they have you, they know it and there is nothing that you can do except sell your contract to someone else who will take your place. In addition DVC is just a very small part of Disney's world and they might not even have a say in what the resort and housekeeping do. I was told once by the DVC executive office that the resort probably would listen more to me than them.

(edited to bold your last sentence.)

Which is why I emailed Kim Whateverherlastnameis, the Y&BC General Mgr. I spoke with someone from her office the day I sent the email. The DVC Executive Steering Committee discussed my email, basically because I sent it to Ken. I don't know who they are or if they really take an interest in the members. The name of the committee sounds impressive. Whether it is or not, I don't care. Just as long as Ken is aware of the issues. Hey, all I can do is try.

I didn't get the usual post stay survey after my trip to Kidani in April. There was a letter in the room when I checked in with contact info for the resort manager. I haven't sent my comments yet because I still haven't calmed down enough to politely address all the issues I encountered.

Copy Ken Potrock along with the General Mgr of the resort.

(edited to bold your last sentence.)

Which is why I emailed Kim Whateverherlastnameis, the Y&BC General Mgr. I spoke with someone from her office the day I sent the email. The DVC Executive Steering Committee discussed my email, basically because I sent it to Ken. I don't know who they are or if they really take an interest in the members. The name of the committee sounds impressive. Whether it is or not, I don't care. Just as long as Ken is aware of the issues. Hey, all I can do is try.

Ken runs DVD, DVC, ABD, and GO, I doubt that he get involved with many customer contact issues. The committee is probably a clerk, yes you can try but don't expect much. Ken is busy working on deals worth hundreds of millions of dollars, is active in timeshare trade groups, plans new resorts and oversees their construction, sells custom homes worth millions each and he has a new boss to keep happy while he plans ways to climb the Disney corporate ladder.

They definitely listened the last time they took the ceramic mugs, glasses out.

They listened when we asked for Member Cruise luggage straps. They have been given out on the last two Member Cruises.

They listened and finally have a Member Cruise when kids are out of school. I forget the exact number, but there are many more Members bringing children then ever before.

Apparently Members wanted the fifth person in a studio.

Whoever made out 50th Anniversary stay memorable, we were blown away with the upgrade.

I am pretty happy with DVC leadership, I am pretty happy with our membership.

I do ask for more waitlist possibilities, and have another list of “wants.”

Ken runs DVD, DVC, ABD, and GO, I doubt that he get involved with many customer contact issues. The committee is probably a clerk, yes you can try but don't expect much. Ken is busy working on deals worth hundreds of millions of dollars, is active in timeshare trade groups, plans new resorts and oversees their construction, sells custom homes worth millions each and he has a new boss to keep happy while he plans ways to climb the Disney corporate ladder.

:-) Hey all I can do is try. I like to let them know how I feel, good and bad.

They definitely listened the last time they took the ceramic mugs, glasses out.

They listened when we asked for Member Cruise luggage straps. They have been given out on the last two Member Cruises.

They listened and finally have a Member Cruise when kids are out of school. I forget the exact number, but there are many more Members bringing children then ever before.

Apparently Members wanted the fifth person in a studio.

Whoever made out 50th Anniversary stay memorable, we were blown away with the upgrade.

I am pretty happy with DVC leadership, I am pretty happy with our membership.

I do ask for more waitlist possibilities, and have another list of “wants.”

I too, am very pleased with the leadership and my membership. I wanted to let them know that the 3 small things that were disappointing to me as a member. I also included a list of items we were pleased with on this trip.
If people just shrug their shoulders and accept changes that do not benefit members, then they will continue to chip away.

When the change makes them more money, they are more open to making change. More people in a room, additional cruises that will sell out, they are a business in business to make a profit. There are many things that they don't do that proves my point. How many complaints about the website, long phone hold times, events that crash the website when booking, nothing has changed. Resort rooms that still have issues way too often, maybe a slight improvement but not enough. This has been going on for years, I expect that they know this by now.

Someone from Ken's office called me to discuss the concerns I had on our last trip.

The mugs are definitely being taken out of the studios. All studios. Slowly rolling out this new program. It's a done deal.
Told him my feelings on the change and that I will always call for mugs. He said that's what they want us to do if we want mugs. He also stated that there hasn't been a huge outcry for mugs. I suspect that's why it's being done slowly and quietly. Not a happy camper but I've done my part. I'll be there again in Oct/Nov and if my family who is staying at Copper Creek still have mugs, I'll be making another phone call. All studios should have the same amenities.

I can't help but wonder why that is. Do they really want us to believe it's a cleanliness issue? It's doubtful that it's really cheaper. I wonder if it's more likely that they decided go to this because of a similar issue to what they told me at OKW last month-guests take pillows (that's why ours were missing), bed scarfs, etc.-sure mugs were cheap, but a little souvenir of their trip.

I am so frustrated that we have to go through this again. I just wrote my third email about this. I will continue to do so. I do not always stay in studios, but I do happen to have 3 stays coming up this year.

They never even left me any additional toilet paper so I had to keep calling for that.
Oh don't get me started on the toilet paper. On our last 5 trips we've run out of toilet paper. One time after housekeeping was gone they said that it would have to wait till morning. I stood in the lobby demanding toilet paper until someone went back and got an industrial size roll for us out of the staff bathroom.

can i request the mug by calling resort before room is ready to have the mugs in the room when i do get checked in?also at that time can i also request 3 more pillows?

I've put up with the plastic utensils, paper plates & paper bowls for over 20 years now. Taking away the mugs & glasses yet again is beyond absurd. Next they'll put in those stupid Soap & Shampoo dispensers that they'll never refill. Maybe I should rent a 1 bedroom for the first night of my stay & take the Glasses, mugs, silverware & dishes with me when I move to a studio for the rest of my stay. Maybe then they might get it. I'm sick & tired of the "Deluxe Accommodations" they sold me being barely better than a Super 8 but at least there they give you breakfast. It seems to me that the people who never stay in studios don't care if those of us who do have the same amenities that they get. Some even think we shouldn't because we are using less points for our stays and have said if we don't like it we should book a bigger villa. Yes I could book a bigger Villa but then I wouldn't be able to visit as much as I want. I could also get one of those Owners Locker Storage tubs & pay to keep some stuff there but I think I'm paying quite enough in Dues & Maintenance fees that I shouldn't need to do that.

Write to BC, DVC, and copy Ken Potruck. Squeaky wheel.
Plus it will be interesting to hear if they are telling everyone the same thing.

can i request the mug by calling resort before room is ready to have the mugs in the room when i do get checked in?also at that time can i also request 3 more pillows?
I would just call when you get to the room. Takes them 5 minutes to bring them.

All accounts that I have seen have said that if your resort has only paper, you can ask for actual mugs and glasses at no charge.

Personally, I would rather have the paper since there is no dishwasher in the studios.

I was just in BCV for a week and they had both paper cups, mugs and glasses. Just moved over to PVB and they have the same. I have requested refills of the paper hot cups with no issues.

What!! not toilet paper, that really stinks.:crazy2: Have Fun cleaning HK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter