Removing Glasses and Mugs Again?

I agree to call and ask for a real mug and glasses, don't bring your own because if this. Otherwise they just go on their merry way and can say that it was by Member request and no one has asked for anything different. All resorts still have them for the larger villas. I just hope it's not a trend to all the resorts for studios but when one does it others will likely follow.

sshhh you are telling everyone standard IT secrets. If nobody calls, the problem doesn't exist.

Likewise the paper goods may have been touched by the previous guests so they should have been tossing them every time the room was turned over but I seriously doubt they were. Now they are placing paper plates & bowls and disposable coffee cups packaged in pairs in "recycled plastic" adding more to the waste stream. The paper plates, bowls & cups certainly can't be washed & reused. I learned a long time ago to just wash everything glass, metal or ceramic myself upon check-in. Disney claims to be concerned for the environment but IMO supplying paper goods & plastic utensils in the studio villas is not in any way shape or form environmentally friendly. When I stayed at the Polynesian in February when they came do do the daily room check/trash removal they dumped everything including the recycle can all in one trash bin. On my last stay of 9 nights last month @ Kidani they never replenished any of the paper goods and only once the plastic utensils. They never even left me any additional toilet paper so I had to keep calling for that.

While I certainly prefer mugs, I'd be OK with good quality paper. I absolutely has styrofoam coffee cups.

Confession - although I enjoy the glasses and coffee mugs, I buy disposable at my arrival grocery trek - especially if children are joining us. It's all about choice. I would miss not having a FULLY stocked room as listed in my original binder from 1994.

Lol. Every trip I purchase a 4 pack of the softest toilet paper I can find at Publix. My DH said DVC toilet paper leaves road burns!

OMG-I thought we were the only ones who did that. And for a long time, at the end of our vacation we’d leave the partial roll behind, hoping they’d get the hint to supply softer TP. They never did though

OMG-I thought we were the only ones who did that. And for a long time, at the end of our vacation we’d leave the partial roll behind, hoping they’d get the hint to supply softer TP. They never did though

I bet lots of people purchase or bring a few rolls. Disney has been slowly taking away little things from DVC. Sad that they had to downgrade toilet paper to save a few pennies.

I bet lots of people purchase or bring a few rolls. Disney has been slowly taking away little things from DVC. Sad that they had to downgrade toilet paper to save a few pennies.
Well, I'm sure it is DVC's decision. WDW Resorts runs the housekeeping, and they likely put toiletries out for bid and go with the least expensive supplier. It may seem like a little thing, but even 10 cents a roll can make a big difference in the budget when your talking 30,000+ of on-site rooms for Disney Resorts. With that many rooms almost in constant use, they will also be looking for something that degrades/dissolves easily in the sanitation systems and so forth. The fewer plumbing problems, the better.

Last edited:
I was surprised to find real ALL on our clothes washer in GFV instead of the awful generic green stuff we keep getting at OKW. We did also have paper cups with plastic lids in our cabinet in our GFV one bedroom (along with the regular china cups).

I fell in love with the Fiestaware the first time I stayed @ OKW many years ago. So much so I went out & bought some in some of the same colors they had in the Villas. I am now addicted to Fiestaware as well as DVC. I have serving pieces & place settings in many other colors in addition to the old OKW ones.

I did the same thing! We first stayed in BWV for our honeymoon, and we just loved the Fiestaware. I’ve been collecting it ever since. It’s too bad they had to switch to the white generic — I’m guessing too much of the Fiestaware walked away?

Stayed at Kidani this week-end, we had both, glasses, porcelain coffee cups and also the paper alternatives.

I did the same thing! We first stayed in BWV for our honeymoon, and we just loved the Fiestaware. I’ve been collecting it ever since. It’s too bad they had to switch to the white generic — I’m guessing too much of the Fiestaware walked away?

I would expect some did walk away, same with the peach bath towels. When you think about having to wash peach towels separate from all the white ones at Disney, it sort of blows your mind. But I also think some Fiestaware dishes were chipped or broken. I expect they were pretty heavy as I know the ones sold in the department stores during that period were and often dropped or hit against the counter or cabinets. I expect lots of breakage occurred and it was cheaper to replace them with the generic white.

I would expect some did walk away, same with the peach bath towels. When you think about having to wash peach towels separate from all the white ones at Disney, it sort of blows your mind. But I also think some Fiestaware dishes were chipped or broken. I expect they were pretty heavy as I know the ones sold in the department stores during that period were and often dropped or hit against the counter or cabinets. I expect lots of breakage occurred and it was cheaper to replace them with the generic white.
True, it is far cheaper to buy commercial white restaurant supply dinnerware in bulk than to buy Fiestaware. And if the changes were JUST the dinnerware, it would be no big deal. But they've completely done away with any premise of theme with the remodels, every DVC is starting to look like it was decorated by the people that decorate Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn.

Room 329 (studio) BCV, 5/12-19/18--paper coffee cups with lids (nonstyrofoam) and NO ceramic mugs. We had two small juice glasses and two regular tumblers. We had to request toilet paper--only one roll in the room and a full size coffee maker. Other than that all was as usual.

Room 329 (studio) BCV, 5/12-19/18--paper coffee cups with lids (nonstyrofoam) and NO ceramic mugs. We had two small juice glasses and two regular tumblers. We had to request toilet paper--only one roll in the room and a full size coffee maker. Other than that all was as usual.
Not good as far as I am concerned.

Not good as far as I am concerned.

Won't change unless people communicate to DVC. From the looks of this thread, most people really don't seem to care.
Slowly they are taking the little things away, especially from studios. I for one, want what I purchased, and that includes mugs and having the pull-out sofa made up in advance. Nothing like finding out it's not made up until you're ready to go to sleep.
I wrote to the Beach Club GM and DVC's Ken Potrock after our stay in May. We are playing phone tag and after I speak with someone, I'll let you know what was said.

Won't change unless people communicate to DVC. From the looks of this thread, most people really don't seem to care.
Slowly they are taking the little things away, especially from studios. I for one, want what I purchased, and that includes mugs and having the pull-out sofa made up in advance. Nothing like finding out it's not made up until you're ready to go to sleep.
I wrote to the Beach Club GM and DVC's Ken Potrock after our stay in May. We are playing phone tag and after I speak with someone, I'll let you know what was said.

I have emailed twice, and did get two phone calls. I have not stayed in a studio recently. My next stay is in a studio at Jambo. I will definitely call for ceramic mug is there is none.

Well, they added a fifth person to the studios and “they” definitely made lots of people happy about that. I am not one who wanted, asked for that. I do want ceramic mugs, real glasses and large coffee maker!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter