Removing Glasses and Mugs Again?

Candlelady

A dream is a wish your heart makes
Rumor is they are removing the glassware and coffee mugs from the studio accommodations. Anyone heard if this is true?

Paper only at SSR in December. We’ll see what is there next week. Since we are driving I think I’ll toss a couple of mugs in our Disney bag.

It seems to keep changing.

last week we stayed in studios in Kidani, CCV, and BLT and had mugs and glasses in each one, the only resort I have heard reports of this issue over the past few months has been SSR.

I saw a report from a monorail resort a few weeks ago - only paper. Can't remember which it was though.

We were just at Jambo and had both glasses (strange small ones one day), 2 mugs and a couple of to go cups. This was concierge level. I'll be calling for glassware if we end up in a studio without. Certainly not bringing an item that has been and should be part of the amenities.

I wonder if a lot of guests are walking off with them.

(My non-DVC timeshare once had an issue where a guest "mistakenly" assumed that paying the rental rate meant he was free to load the refrigerator into his truck and drive off with it.)

We were at Poly last week. Had ceramic mugs AND paper coffee cups, glasses, paper plates, paper bowls, plastic cutlery.

If DVC is really going to replace them with paper and plastic, I hope the letter writing begins. It stopped them in their tracks last time.

I will be calling for real glasses and mugs if they aren't available when we arrive next week.

We have only paper coffee cups and plastic glasses currently in our Aulani studio. But we do have real wine glasses. I have to admit that I like the idea of the throw aways items in a studio. I always wondered the cups and glasses were really sterilized between guests.

Just wondering-are the coffee cups paper or styrofoam. I HATE styrofoam. Thinking of bringing my own coffee mug next time I stay at BCV.

Just wondering-are the coffee cups paper or styrofoam. I HATE styrofoam. Thinking of bringing my own coffee mug next time I stay at BCV.
Please call and request glasses and mugs if they aren't in the room. It's part of the amenities we pay for with our dues and I believe most would prefer real mugs and glasses. You shouldn't have to bring your own to your "Home Away from Home".

I agree to call and ask for a real mug and glasses, don't bring your own because if this. Otherwise they just go on their merry way and can say that it was by Member request and no one has asked for anything different. All resorts still have them for the larger villas. I just hope it's not a trend to all the resorts for studios but when one does it others will likely follow.

I'm torn about this one, the idea of housekeeping washing dishes in a sink makes me wonder how clean they are. Even in the units with dishwashers, the housekeepers don't like to run them because they take too long.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!