queue jumpers and pushy people ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for your responces, it would never personally put me off never going back we love it all too much lol ...so never ever going back would not even cross our minds, but it just goes to show that it does happen daily but we are probably just more aware of it while having our holidays etc, i know i where i work in dealing with the general public every day in a busy station and there are many a person who do not know how to queue or have the patience to anyway ( sorry getting side tracked lol ) but some countires are rather bad for it more than others but i wont pin point any :rotfl: suppose in a way it adds to the fun, some are just more desperate to see mickey mouse faster, but each to tier own :yay:

I agree WDW and DL have organised lines for characters and it really is needed in DLP! Its always a free for all except the line for Mickey and his main pals! Its even more difficult when you are an adult trying to get an autograph/photo! I have now given up in DLP unless its a character meal or no-one about!! That makes me sad as I enjoy having my photo taken with the characters!

The only time we were angry was trying to get on the shuttle bus going to Santa Fe. We were first in the queue but that made no difference to the ENGLISH people that were standing behind us, they pushed us out of the way and the driver had to try and shut his doors on our pushchairs. The driver had to drive off in the confusion with some of our family walking and some on the bus.....we didn't know where the kids were (5 of them) and the rest of our family (about 6) My mum was shouting at the bus driver to stop as we didn't know where the kids got 'thrown to' The bus driver had to radio for help. In my opinion it has always seemed to be the English that have had no manners over in Paris.
We walk now!!!!:rotfl:
Same with the rides WE only had one encounter with queue jumping although we witnessed alot. That time it was an Italian and English bloke giving it laldy with each other!!
Why they have to be so aggressive is beyond me...makes you wonder how they behave back home:confused3
This would never stop us from going back though because no matter where you go you will always have someone spoiling it for others.

Just re read my post and I honestly want to say hand on heart I have no problem with English people....I love them all...well apart from the ones standing behind us back on the shuttle bus!;)

I have a lot of mainland european friends who regard the anglo saxon habit of queueing in a line as a curiosity. They are inclined to laugh when they see it as it makes no sense to them.

Yes you can stake out your spot for the parade by sitting on the kerb, we always do. Obviously if a little child came along I would swap places. We are taking my 20 month old niece next week for the 1st time so we can stake out with her pushchair.

Tennisfan - You're nicer than me then! I've just got back and at yesterday's parade we "staked" our places for the parade from 3.30. At the last minute (literally - the first float was in sight) a woman who I think was Italian or Spanish gestured to me to ask if her toddler son could go in front. Now, I think he was too young to stand in front of me and my kids on his own so his mother would have probably had to go too and that would have meant me and mine wouldn't have been able to see so well. And if she had been happy to let him stand on his own I would have been too worried about knocking him to enjoy myself, and we were behind a rope so he could have been garrotted! I also thought that if she had been really concerned about him seeing the parade she should have got there a blooming sight earlier! And then for the first 10 minutes of the parade I felt guilty! Until some teenage girls said that they agreed she should have got there earlier and that I did the right thing. Why can't people take responsibility for their children seeing the parade instead of assuming they'll be let in just cos they're little - haven't they noticed that loads of people have children too? Sorry to rant - I still feel rotten I suppose but it was our last chance to see the parade and that's why WE PLANNED.

Yes you can stake out your spot for the parade by sitting on the kerb, we always do. Obviously if a little child came along I would swap places. We are taking my 20 month old niece next week for the 1st time so we can stake out with her pushchair.

Tennisfan - You're nicer than me then! I've just got back and at yesterday's parade we "staked" our places for the parade from 3.30. At the last minute (literally - the first float was in sight) a woman who I think was Italian or Spanish gestured to me to ask if her toddler son could go in front. Now, I think he was too young to stand in front of me and my kids on his own so his mother would have probably had to go too and that would have meant me and mine wouldn't have been able to see so well. And if she had been happy to let him stand on his own I would have been too worried about knocking him to enjoy myself, and we were behind a rope so he could have been garrotted! I also thought that if she had been really concerned about him seeing the parade she should have got there a blooming sight earlier! And then for the first 10 minutes of the parade I felt guilty! Until some teenage girls said that they agreed she should have got there earlier and that I did the right thing. Why can't people take responsibility for their children seeing the parade instead of assuming they'll be let in just cos they're little - haven't they noticed that loads of people have children too? Sorry to rant - I still feel rotten I suppose but it was our last chance to see the parade and that's why WE PLANNED.

Rant away, don't feel guilty about it, I can see your point. I hate it when people turn up late and expect to be at the front. I would never take responsibility of other peoples children, all the kids I have swapped with have been well behaved and just sat there having said that I tend to stand where they don't have it roped and not many people stand there.

We experienced a lot of queue jumping and shoving whilst at Disneyland Paris but I guess that's just to be expected anyway because of the vast amount of people.

There was a fair amount when queing to purchase food from the little carts that are dotted around the park but the most common and obvious one is when there is a parade.

I would have had a fantastic view of the Disney Cinemagique parade as I was right on the white tape when it was announced but a lot of children were just thrown in front of me even though I was clearly stood their with my camera ready to film :confused3

My Niece found that yelling Pardon! worked quite well :)

I don't mind children standing in front of me once the parade starts, as long as the parents are near enough to watch there kids without having to push in front too. during the WDS parades some other parents got all the kids at the front while we stood behind them.

Hi, DLP board!

There was an interesting thread recently on another board about line cutting - when it was OK, how bad it was - and I remembered that when I flew to Paris a number of years ago, line cutting was rampant at the airport. So I was wondering, how is the line jumping situation at DLP? Do people cut into the queues for rides? Is is allowed, accepted, expected?

Just curious how different parks perceive this.

Thanks much, and merci!

KC:love:

This has been covered a few times. Whilst in the main most guests are happy to queue there is a small minority who will try to gain a few places ahead.

Most have a strategy of families standing abreast which stops others going pass or smile and realise that they have only gained a few places ahead.

If it is pointed out to CM's they will either remove them or send the culprit to the end of the queue :)

we suffered queue jumpers all the time. but did find the standing 5 abreat in queues worlked and simply sticking out your arm and a sharp, 'NO', or excuse moi seemed to work.

the worst i find is the adults who push the kids out of the way to meet a charcter!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

We have never had any problems when waiting for rides but have experienced people pushing in when waiting to see characters and the parades.

It really annoys me when we always arrive for the parades about 45 minutes in advance to get a good view only to have people barging past at the last minute. I also think it is cheeky when people expect that they can shove their kids to the front, just because they are kids. We have two kids too and we wouldn't dream of doing that.
Sorry rant over:headache:

The only particularly guilty mob seemed to be the Italians, for some reason. They were very bad at the Parade at when waiting to meet characters. However they were also very bashful if you said "Excusez Moi" loudly....

Hi KC and welcome to the DLP board. :welcome:

Unfortunately there will always be a few who can't wait their turn but they are in the minority and most certainly not enough to spoil anyone's holiday. :)

Having been crowded out a few times in Florida whilst waiting (early) for parades and fireworks, I don't bother trying to stake a pitch now.. I'm on holiday and don't want to be grumpy!...we just move near to the parade or show at the appointed time, and even with a compromised view you see most of the action.

Concerning Q-jumpers in line for rides... I haven't had a problem in the US (occasional incidents with non-English speakers, that's all) but have had issues at UK theme parks, and am anticipating the odd 'assault' in DLRP... my/our tactics will be simply to fill the space with our sweaty bodies to deny anyone from passing... I don't usually get much physical grief from strangers for some reason...;)

bv.for.jpg

Mike

am anticipating the odd 'assault' in DLRP... my/our tactics will be simply to fill the space with our sweaty bodies to deny anyone from passing... I don't usually get much physical grief from strangers or some reason...;)

:rotfl:

I hope the weather is warm for you then - or will you still wear a T Shirt even if it's chilly?!!!

:rotfl:

I hope the weather is warm for you then - or will you still wear a T Shirt even if it's chilly?!!!

.. nah, I'm a bit of a wuss .. if it's chilly I'll be wrapped up warm, with my arms covered!;) (but I'll be a bit upset, as it should be T-shirtable first week in June!:scared1: )

(but I'll be a bit upset, as it should be T-shirtable first week in June!:scared1: )

From what I've read here, summer was a few weeks ago!! ;) But here's some :wizard: for good weather and no queue jumpers for you. BTW I've visited DLP eight times now and I certainly wouldn't say that queue jumping is rife. I really can't remember ever witnessing, or being involved in any incidents of it - and I don't look nearly as "tough" as you!!! ;) :teeth:

Just don't expect the "British" queueing mentality and you'll be ok!

If there is an organised line - like for rides, or formal meet and greet points, then people tend to queue ok, however, if you are waiting for characters in an informal "huddle" it does tend to be each for his own!!

I'm the mummy on the edge saying "you were next honey - go for it"

At parade time lots do try it on - but if you stand your ground firmly, people tend to avoid confrontation! Oi shouted loudly tends to work!!

ps - sorry, but I do send my kids through to the front - only if I'm within touching distance of them (no one else will watch your kids for you- nor should they !!!) they are short and will sit on the kerbside nicely - I have no problems with other kids going in front of me in the same circumstance.

It's either that or put them on your shoulders and ruin someone else's view.

I know we should get there 2 hours early, stake out a spot with cones and ropes and defend it with machine gun emplacements ;)- but life really is too short - it is one of those self fulfilling things, you get there earlier and earlier to get a space - an hour in the full sun is just too long , so we stand back let the kids see - ours and anyone elses.

Tessa

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter