queue jumpers and pushy people ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

**TINKS**

.~*~.Sprinkling Magical Fairy Dust.~*~.
not sure if anyone experiance this while staying but the fact that some people have the inabillity to queue, we had a horrendous time trying to get on the shuttle bus in fact it was an utter nightmare with a very small 1 yr old and a 4 yr old let alone us adults lol or while queueing for rides we would find people pushing in etc.

lol people must not be able to take in the others can and do get there before them,

did anyone else have this problem and if so how the hell do you deal with it without loosing your cool or your head ... :confused:

the only time I really had this was on the busses, which felt like the Tokyo subway. And actually, it was worse trying to get off with my suitcase. and I had read here that it was 'other' nationalities which were the worst, but in my case it was a British family which pushed me back hardest and wouldn't let me off the bus, showing that it is not restricted to certain nationalities :(

in the attractions, I only had this at Pirates and it was I suspect more due to enthusiasm and the wide queue areas. I put my arm out once, but otherwise didn't really let it bother me.

During peak periods it may be more of an issue than I experienced, though.

I have a MUCH worse time on my Lufthansa business class flights with businessmen routinely pushing and shoving me into the turnstyles to be first to board :rolleyes1

We try not to get the shuttle straight after the park shuts where it tends to be busiest.
Sometimes best to have a final look round the shops than fighting at the bus stop.
As bavaria says no one nationality has the monopoly :confused3

The last twice we have stayed at hotels within easy walking distance - I hate the shuttle buses at night and the fiasco trying to get on.
This recent visit is the only time though I've had problems in the park itself, at Casey's Corner, we were waiting for another English family to vacate their table, they had 3 young children to dress up it was bitterly cold and sleeting, we'd arranged to have their table but I told them not to rush, with 2 of the kids done, they moved off slightly and a family of Spanish, I think, tried to jump into the vacated seats, dad was still sat at the table and was annoyed as I was - suffice to say they did move.

Saturday night whilst waiting for the celebrations Liam was one of a number of children crying due to the crowds, in our case a group of teenagers who decided to push forward and start larking about, jumping on each others backs etc, one girl almost landed on top of Liam, and I did see red as did the others around me in the crowd, not just British I'd hasten to add and the group were ousted back away. I've a more to say about Sat. night but I'll put in my trippie, but DLRP are extremely lucky that and as far as I am aware no incidents or accidents occured at that time. :sad2:

queues at DLP do tend to be an irritating situation.....the worst ones are the queues where you can fit a few people across but....like when me and the missus queue, we stand next to each other and theres always people that edge round on the sly or even just completely bundle there way through. I do find that the spanish are the worse for doing this. :mad:

The main problem I have found is when waiting for parades. You stake out a spot really early then find that some folks decide they can barge in front of you, block your view, knock you over without even an apology. That really gets on my nerves.

I have definately experienced queue jumping at DLP, but I can't remember exactly when or where (I think I try and forget those bits of the trip!). I try really hard to ignore it, and just let them go past if they really, really want to, it's only an extra few seconds for me! However, this time we go I am taking my 4 year old and DH (who has a quick temper for this sort of thing) so it might be a bit more stressful than usual. Having said that, I won't be going on any of the big rides this time, so maybe the queues won't be such an issue!
I have also noticed that a lot of people seem to think the situation is worse in DLP than in the USA, but if you look at some of the USA threads, they have exactly the same problem (except the smoking - yuck!).

I say ignore them and don't let them spoil your time there!

Yes you can stake out your spot for the parade by sitting on the kerb, we always do. Obviously if a little child came along I would swap places. We are taking my 20 month old niece next week for the 1st time so we can stake out with her pushchair.

The only major experience of queue jumping was on the armageddon ride in the studios, 3 guys jumped over the barrier at the end so my cousin and I complained to a CM who told them to leave, they weren't listening until she picked up the phone to call security they soon left then:goodvibes

I get so mad at queue jumpers of all nationalities. This time at DLP, I refused to let people queue jump when the kids were waiting for autographs. I would put my hand across and tell them sternly "NO, wait". My kids do not push their way in and were sometimes not getting autographs because of that. I could tell the parents were teling their kids to push(couldn't understand them as they were foreign), but I knew from what the kids were doing, what they were saying.
The buses at Santa Fe were a nightmare, a free for all shove. DP and BIL would fold the prams down and hold them at either end of the open door, preventing ayone from getting on until we were all on (2 mums, 4 kids and a baby).
In the end you have to be like the rest of people to get on/off the shuttle buses and get autographs. As for jumping queues at any of the rides, that is a big NO NO and I would not let anyone pass.

Maureen

p.s. I am a nice person really, just turn into a mad woman at DLP. :rolleyes1

Every queue jumping I experienced at DLP were always groups of teenagers without someone in charge that behaved really rude or smoked in queue.. we had one bad experience while waiting for Armageddon but there were some people who told the teens to stop their behaviour, which embarrased them and they stopped.:thumbsup2 but I guess groups with teens can get out of control everywhere, not only in DLP:confused3

And we will never use the busses again, we walk back to the hotel, busses are always too crowded and people get pushy. I think the busses are good for families with kids who are too tired to walk at the end of the day, so I rather leave the busses for them.

To be honest (and to risk being shot down in flames), I haven't found pushing in or queue jumping to be any different to back in the UK....
We go to Drayton Manor park a lot (Tesco vouchers!) and to Alton towers/other theme parks - it is mainly groups of teenage kids who push in there too.

From my experience of the rest of France, they do not have the "queue for everything" mentality that we brits have, and a free for all to get on buses and trains seems commonplace - try the Paris metro at rush hour!!!!:scared: Mind you, there's not a lot of polite "after you " on the tube at rush hour either....;)

To be honest (and to risk being shot down in flames), I haven't found pushing in or queue jumping to be any different to back in the UK....

As long as everyone stays on topic and the discussion does not become personal then I'm sure no one will be shot down in flames :goodvibes

We go to Drayton Manor park a lot (Tesco vouchers!) and to Alton towers/other theme parks - it is mainly groups of teenage kids who push in there too.

From my experience of the rest of France, they do not have the "queue for everything" mentality that we brits have, and a free for all to get on buses and trains seems commonplace - try the Paris metro at rush hour!!!!:scared: Mind you, there's not a lot of polite "after you " on the tube at rush hour either....;)

I hear what you are saying, I have never really experienced (only a couple of times). I'm not saying it doesn't go on because I know from some people it does. I have witnessed it with school kids at Chessington so we told the teacher, who apologised and asked us to write to the school because he was fed up with them too:rotfl: I just try not to let it get to me.

never really been a problem for us, when we watched the parades on our last trip, people who were stood in front of us offered to let our DD to stand in front of them with their own kids so she could get a better view.

The only instance of pushing in a saw was when some people climbed over the fence to get into the Fast Pass queue for Peter Pan a bit further down from where the Cast Member was collecting the Fast Passes. POTC is another I have seen people push in (maybe 1 or 2) however it makes very little difference to the time people queue.

The only time my DD has been hurt from people pushing was in the UK at the trafford centre.

We found it a real problem when the children wanted autographs in the parks, there didn't seem to be any order at all, Woody was the worst. It does make me mad because we teach our kids not to push in front of other and to wait their turn, only to find children and adults pushing them out of the way. Our solution was to book a lunch at the Lucky Nugget so they got their autographs in a nice relaxed atmosphere, thats worked really well each time we've been. The meet & greet at the hotels is also a good way for the children to see Micky mouse & pals because the queue there is well organised.

Never had problems with people pushing in on rides. Bus can be a bit of a nightmare, although it was easier this last time because we didn't have a child in a pushchair to try and get on and off the bus, like many of the other posters above we found it easier to walk back and forth to the hotel.

We found this a problem as well - especially when children are queuing up for autographs - or at least the British children queue, no-one else seems to. This is in sharp contrast to the USA.

As a result we will not go back to DLP.

I have spoken to a colleague at work who went recently, and she said the same. Her children are younger than mine and she was worried for their safety even though she was standing with them.

It certainly wouldn't put me off going, but the queues for autographs are the worst. My daughter is so used to being told to wait her turn that she hovers uncertainly around the edge and then when somebody pushes in front of her, she would turn around and look to me for advice, only to find that another 4 people would go past her at the moment she turns round. I had to tell her that she must keep her place, keep in front of the character as they cannot see her behind them and, as far as possible, not let anyone get around her.

It won't stop me going to DLRP, but I agree it is annoying when you see your kids getting pushed further and further back, I much prefer the character meals for autograph collection.:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter