• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Proof The Rumors Are True!!! TCD Relocation Plans!

So, where will the pool be for this new resort?

It has to have a pool, right?

TCD

What if they aren't considering it to be a new resort, but instead a part of the Fort? If Deb is right and they are putting in DVC campsites, it wouldn't make sense to add a new pool for 100 or so new campsites.

Just a thought...

What if they aren't considering it to be a new resort, but instead a part of the Fort? If Deb is right and they are putting in DVC campsites, it wouldn't make sense to add a new pool for 100 or so new campsites.

Just a thought...

Well, I think it's pretty clear from this drawing that what is going close to the lake here is not campsites. These are buildings. With stairs and elevators. If this is a DVC, I cannot imagine them trying to sell these units without a nice, exclusive pool. As I said above, I think we are only looking at the north half of the new resort.

TCD

Well, I think it's pretty clear from this drawing that what is going close to the lake here is not campsites. These are buildings. With stairs and elevators. If this is a DVC, I cannot imagine them trying to sell these units without a nice, exclusive pool. As I said above, I think we are only looking at the north half of the new resort.

TCD

Or how about a Ft. Themed Resort (value or moderate)?

These separate buildings lined up in a curve remind me of the DVC resort over at AKL. I think what we see toward the bottom of the drawing are the lobby and other central buildings, and that there might be another row of buildings containing guest rooms to the south of what we are looking at.
Considering its proximity to the lake, it also reminds me a bit of the Boardwalk.

I still wonder whether we might see a bit of a recreation of the Hotel Cheyenne concept...with shops and restaurants on the ground floor and villas/rooms above? It would have an old west town feel, and would blend into the existing Pioneer Hall. Considering how close they are building it, it will definitely need to blend in.

If this resort includes additional places to dine and shop, I would personally enjoy that.

TCD

Oops! Now that I see the whole pdf, I get where everything is. I was having trouble putting it into perspective before. So it sounds like the garbage man didn't have the right scoop. It will be interesting if anyone gets their hands on the rest of the plans! ;)

Wow!! Talk about hitting the jack-pot. Considering how much use we got out of a flimsy rumor, this is A-Maz-Ing!!! So much info!!!

Boy, is this thing close or what? That end building looks like it sits right on the beach, very visible to the beach and the marina. Hard to imagine an area w/ this density of improvements/people/parking/etc. this close to the settlement not having a significant impact on the enjoyment of the fort.... maybe for the better, but I remain pessimistic as to that possibility.

P.S. Awsome job WBI, "The King is dead...long live the King"
(just kidding TCD, you are still awesome)

P.S. Awsome job WBI, "The King is dead...long live the King"
(just kidding TCD, you are still awesome)

Thanks for the compliments but I could never compete with King TCD! :thumbsup2

I was looking at the new stables a little closer and found some cool things there too. This is the layout of the new blacksmith shop, if I remember correctly it looks just like the old one, you can even see where the flume and anvil will go.

BlacksmithShop.jpg

And if you look at the new stable I pointed out a few things:
Stable-1.jpg

So, what I see is a bunch of new buildings.

A bunch.

In a semi-circle.

Beginning approximately where the sidewalk is that leads to Clementine's Beach.

I see one major problem with this layout.

That area where the first building behind Pioneer Hall is depicted is the burial site of Melvin the Moose.

If they build there, this new resort will likely be terrorized by a Melvin the Moose poltergeist.

Who in their right mind would pay good money to buy DVC points in a resort haunted by an angry moose? :confused3

That area where the first building behind Pioneer Hall is depicted is the burial site of Melvin the Moose.

If they build there, this new resort will likely be terrorized by a Melvin the Moose poltergeist.

Who in their right mind would pay good money to buy DVC points in a resort haunted by an angry moose? :confused3

What?!?!?! Melvin is dead????? I didn't even know he was sick!!!!

So now that the proverbial cat is out of the bag, so to speak, do you think that there will be a formal announcement soon?

Was that the burial place of Melvin's head or the body ??
:confused3

Looks like a schematic layout. A lot of the design features don't make sense; there are rooms looking at the back of Pioneer Hall for example. and a lot of the site features haven't been addressed yet - like the 12,000 volt line running out to Discovery Island, for example. I too can't believe how close it is to the settlement area. Crazy stuff.

I can't see having a rear entrance so close to Pioneer Hall without a buffer of some type. Gonna have to do some more digging on this though, before I'm convinced its the final layout.

Great work !! :thumbsup2

OK, now we need Shan-man to do an overlay on Google Earth. :teacher:

Where are you Shan-man?? :santa:

Shan-man may be able to do this better, but I gave it a shot...
FWOverlay.jpg

I did my best to line things up using the dock and Pioneer Hall. It matches up fairly well, but isn't 100%. So is the dock in the pdf an old configuration, or do you think they are going to change it? If this is a new configuration, do you think they will add a new larger dock, perhaps extending off of the building that juts into the water???

I also think it is interesting how they positioned the buildings behind the trees. Depending on how tall the buildings are, they may be well shielded from the Fort.

Hi I'm not a regular on the camping board, mostly hang on the DVC boards, but was pointed to this thread while lurking on WDWMagic.

One thing that clues me in to those being DVC buildings is that you notice that they show a balcony going only over 2/3 of the side of a building on some of the buildings. This would be strange in a normal resort, but would make sense in a DVC. The 2 bedroom dedicated units would only need 2 balconies in an area that would be similar to 3 resort style rooms.

Strange locations though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter