Proof The Rumors Are True!!! TCD Relocation Plans!

From other boards I have picked up hints that they have backed off of the DVC at River Country. That is not saying there wouldn't be a development in the WL/FW/STOL area.

Can you point us those sources? Thanks!

I'm liking the idea of an old western town design with a Railroad station built in , it would fit with the fort theme and pay homage to Walts love of steam trains.

sorry to be quoting waaaay out of context, but I really loved what you said but also felt sad.... I feel that "Disney" as a Corporation has drifted far afield from Walts original dreams. I would love to see something like this too, but with things like Toontown being redeveloped into "princessworld", i see so many things that were delightful being replaced by things marketable.

I hope I'm proven wrong, and you are right! What a GREAT idea!

We camped at FW earlier this month for the 2011 Disney Marathon. The bus driver started a conversation by telling us that a DVC resort was going to be built between FW campground and FW Lodge. Not sure if the bus driver is a good source or not:-)

We camped at FW earlier this month for the 2011 Disney Marathon. The bus driver started a conversation by telling us that a DVC resort was going to be built between FW campground and FW Lodge. Not sure if the bus driver is a good source or not:-)

They are one of the best places to get accurate information from. Nice rig by the way.

Screamscape posted the following today...

2013/2014 - New Disney DVC Resort Hotel - Rumor - (2/14/11) According to one of our readers, new survey markers were spotted in the Fort Wilderness area along the “nature trails near the marina” and near the Settlement Trading Post. Could this be more signs of forward traction on that proposed new DVC Resort?

As much as I'd love to see a DVC in this area... does anyone else have concerns about how the population of a new resort in this area will impact the delightful peace and quiet of FW???

From what I could see this weekend, there is no activity. Didn't see any new markers or any changes.

Wow, that's some interesting info - hadn't heard anything new on this for a long time.

I'm sure this news will spread real fast as soon as the word "gets out" to other forums. The web will be a buzz as alot of people are interested in this expansion.

Thanks for the update.

So what is the pavilion being built for???

Does the HDDR closure for a few months have any thing to do with this construction?

So what is the pavilion being built for???

Does the HDDR closure for a few months have any thing to do with this construction?

Lisa,

In a nutshell,

1. A new pavilion would be built for Mickey's Backyard BBQ behind the Settlement Trading Post along the lake near the 100 and 200 loops.

2. The Tri-Circle-D horse barn, blacksmithing shop, etc. would be relocated up to the Outpost (check-in) area of the Fort where the Trail Ride horses and corrals are. (I guess this would take out the Pony ride area and petting zoo animals.)

3. In the drawings released so far, Pioneer Hall and Trail's End buildings (including HDDR) appear unchanged (but I bet that is subject to review).

4. Behind PH and TE replacing the BBQ Pavilion, Barn, and River Country area, the drawings show buildings arranged in an arc, some overhanging the current shoreline. No indication how many stories tall they are.

5. Soil sampling and ground compaction tests have been done to determine the makeup of the soil in the new building areas

6. The permit referred to in the link above is at the old STOL airstrip which is parallel to World Drive between the MK Toll Booth and the TTC.

7. The same STOL airstrip was permitted last year to allow for some paving and setting up of construction trailers for the Grand Floridian DVC job currently underway. (Anytime dirt is going to be covered over with pavement a permit has to be filed which is where this stuff usually is then discovered).

I'd kinda be surprised if they started on a FW project so soon after starting the GF DVC project but you never know. :confused3

Bama ED

Thanks for the great summary Bama_ed! :thumbsup2

I had been following these developements but it had been so long that I had forgotten about the pavilion.

The HDDR is scheduled to be closed this fall from Oct - Dec. Any connection?

sorry to dig up an old thread, but does this shed light on anything ?

epcyclopedia.com/2012/04/02/walt-disney-world-fort-wilderness-dvc-files-to-start-construction-soon

also, i was there the end of October 2011. my family and i were walking into the woods along the path of the old railroad. we started near the bus station by TCD ranch. there is a golf cart parking area across the street. you can clearly see where the old rails were and some of the boards are still there. we walked into the woods hoping to find a spike as a souvenir. i noticed plenty of survey markers along the way. some looked very fresh, but that could be because they are not in the open.

also forgot to mention...
on 10-26-2010, ynottony99 posted a link to a picture showing the future site of Buffalo-Junction. less than a week ago, i checked out this link and it still showed this to be true. i went there today and it no longer shows anything about Buffalo-Junction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter