Proof The Rumors Are True!!! TCD Relocation Plans!

WannaBeImagineer

I'm Tired of Earning My Ears
Ok so we’ve all read TCD’s great thread about the rumors being true regarding the TCD Ranch being moved, and we’ve all been waiting for more information about it, well I finally found some, a permit has finally be applied for!

I found the environmental permit, its not the detailed building or site permit, but it does have some great information. First the code name is East Parcel Development Project (EPDP) Stables. The report was 157 pages long but here are some points of interest:

• This application is for the relocation of the stables only
  • No structure demolition is proposed with this application, only existing fences and shed removal
  • The project area is 6.42 acres
  • A new blacksmith shop IS proposed
  • The new stables are going to be behind the old kennel (north of it)
  • The stables look to be a nice size, with a good layout for walking around
  • Looks like the sidewalk is going to go from the existing parking lot and run along side the east side of the old kennel.
  • They’re digging a pond to take all the storm water runoff
SiteMap.jpg

NewStables.jpg

Oh and did I mention that it looks like someone accidentally included an area that they were not supposed to in this submittal. An area that shows some proposed buildings behind Pioneer Hall! I’m not sure how accurate it is but it shows some new building footprints, one strange part though is that it shows one building going into the lake. It also shows a new wood dock and a floating dock. I’ll try and post shortly.

Oh and did I mention that it looks like someone accidentally included an area that they were not supposed to in this submittal. An area that shows some proposed buildings behind Pioneer Hall! I’m not sure how accurate it is but it shows some new building footprints, one strange part though is that it shows one building going into the lake. It also shows a new wood dock and a floating dock. I’ll try and post shortly.

What a busy morning on the DIS.

I copied this from Debbie's "Choose your Rumor" post from earlier.

Everyone agreed that River Country was going to be leveled. What was going in its place was up for grabs. Choices include:

Large food court extending out onto Bay Lake. (This made sense because there were stakes with flags out in the water.)

Interesting indeed.

Keep it coming...

WOW!!!!:magnify:

Great find!

This makes sense.

They will build the new stable first, and then move everything there before beginning whatever it is going to be in the old TCD Farm/Pavilion area.

The castmember whom I got most of my information from on my last visit mentioned that the new barn would be "H" shaped. I guess this one is. Kind of.

Please post more!

TCD

Uh oh! It's been over 2 hours and no response. Do you think that the Disney Mafia took him out???

Uh oh! It's been over 2 hours and no response. Do you think that the Disney Mafia took him out???

haha Don't worry they haven't got me yet, I just got a little busy, I hate it when work gets in the way of things. ;)

Ok without further delay, here you go:
NEW.jpg

Like I said before this was included with the TCD plans and I don't think it was supposed to be, as you can see it is still a work in progress. But I added some
notes of the few things I could make out. I think I'm going to plot this out and see if I can do some shading to make things a little more clear, after work of course...
I'll also and try to get some better zoomed in shots of the evertyhing.

WBI

haha Don't worry they haven't got me yet, I just got a little busy, I hate it when work gets in the way of things. ;)

Ok without further delay, here you go:

Like I said before this was included with the TCD plans and I don't think it was supposed to be, as you can see it is still a work in progress. But I added some
notes of the few things I could make out. I think I'm going to plot this out and see if I can do some shading to make things a little more clear, after work of course...
I'll also and try to get some better zoomed in shots of the evertyhing.

WBI

Oooh! Very interesting!!!

Whoa!

I think my head is going to explode!!!

You found what we have all been looking for.

Wow!

So, what I see is a bunch of new buildings.

A bunch.

In a semi-circle.

Beginning approximately where the sidewalk is that leads to Clementine's Beach.

Thanks for tipping me off.

I found the document too.

And, there are a ton of interesting things to look at.

For example, here's a close up of the corner of Crockett's Tavern.

You know, where the rocking chairs are?

The marina would be just north of the area depicted here:

NewFWProject2.jpg

This shows the playground.

Do you see what I see?

How about now?

(Look in the little circle area near the center of this photo):

NewFWProject3.jpg

The River Country wagon!

And, just to the right of that there is a cannon!

Defending the Fort!

If we can have a cannon, maybe we can have Musket Mickey back?

TCD

I'm glad you like it TCD! I was wondering if you would be looking for it too.

Some of the details on the pdf are great others are pretty poor though. Its also confusing the way it shows proposed things on top of the existing,
typically different line types are used to differentiate, but the way its shown it makes me think this is an Architects plan and not a detailed Engineer Site plan.
I wonder if the old wagons and playground are just shown because they were on the old linework or CAD file and haven't been updated. I figured out that's
the case near River Country, on this print it shows all the old stuff with the new buildings right over the top of it.

Check it out:

ZoomIn1.jpg

Some of the details on the pdf are great others are pretty poor though. Its also confusing the way it shows proposed things on top of the existing,
typically different line types are used to differentiate, but the way its shown it makes me think this is an Architects plan and not a detailed Engineer Site plan.
I wonder if the old wagons and playground are just shown because they were on the old linework or CAD file and haven't been updated. I figured out that's
the case near River Country, on this print it shows all the old stuff with the new buildings right over the top of it.

Great job!

I am still trying to decipher this drawing myself.

But, it doesn't show all of the existing River Country improvements.

For example, it doesn't show the Upstream Plunge pool. Or what remains of the old Pop's Place structure. At least I don't think it does.

I was looking at this part of the drawing with particular interest:

NewFWProject4.jpg

This shows just two of the old slides, but none of the other River Country improvements. And, it shows a concrete wall (at least I think it does) which is not there now.

Are they going to salvage these two slides and have them empty into a pool (before they dumped into the lake)? It kind of looks like that to me.

This is huge!

Somebody alert the Orlando Business Journal.

And, somebody needs to break this news on the parasite websites that take all of their information from here.

TCD

Since the document that the two of you have been referencing is online, can you share the location of it with the rest of us? My curiosity has gotten the best of me and I would like to take a closer look at it too.

Thanks Bunches!!!

Check it out:

ZoomIn1.jpg

There are 3 survey flags out in the water in front of RC. I will post a picture as so as I get all my pictures in order from last week. There was also survey crew behind the boat rental last week. He would not give up any info or really did not know anything.

OK, based on WBI's suggestion that existing improvements are shown on the drawing, I looked again for the big remaining pool, and the remnants of the Pop's Place restaurant.

I think this is it:

NewFWProject5.jpg

If this theory is true, then the Fort Wilderness Pavilion should be shown somewhere on the drawing, but I don't see it.

When I first looked at the part of the drawing shown above, I thought that it was the pool for the new resort. But, it also looks like there is a building around it. They have never enclosed a pool at any of the WDW resorts. So, maybe this is supposed to show where the remaining pool is now, and then the footprint of the new building.

So, where will the pool be for this new resort?

It has to have a pool, right?

TCD

OK, based on WBI's suggestion that existing improvements are shown on the drawing, I looked again for the big remaining pool, and the remnants of the Pop's Place restaurant.

I think this is it:

NewFWProject5.jpg

If this theory is true, then the Fort Wilderness Pavilion should be shown somewhere on the drawing, but I don't see it.

When I first looked at the part of the drawing shown above, I thought that it was the pool for the new resort. But, it also looks like there is a building around it. They have never enclosed a pool at any of the WDW resorts. So, maybe this is supposed to show where the remaining pool is now, and then the footprint of the new building.

So, where will the pool be for this new resort?

It has to have a pool, right?

TCD

I agree TCD that is Pop's place shown, with a new building over the top of it. As far as where the new pool will be I can't find it either, but I think the problem is we can't see the southern most portions of the project. If you look at the bottom of the print you can see two buildings have been cut off. One is on top of the employee boat dock and the other is in the center of the print.

A side note all those numbers strung together through out the project are a mix of exisiting elevations and contours, I was trying to use them to find the new and old pools. In some places you can see where the elevations jump quite a bit, I'm guessing thats some of the rock features of RC. There are some proposed elveations too but they seem to be mostly on new sidewalks.

I agree TCD that is Pop's place shown, with a new building over the top of it. As far as where the new pool will be I can't find it either, but I think the problem is we can't see the southern most portions of the project. If you look at the bottom of the print you can see two buildings have been cut off. One is on top of the employee boat dock and the other is in the center of the print.

A side note all those numbers strung together through out the project are a mix of exisiting elevations and contours, I was trying to use them to find the new and old pools. In some places you can see where the elevations jump quite a bit, I'm guessing thats some of the rock features of RC. There are some proposed elveations too but they seem to be mostly on new sidewalks.

You make a good point.

We could be looking at only half of the new resort. Or even less that half.

What we see are the buildings which will have a lake view.

There is still a lot of land to the south of what we see here- in fact the whole TCD ranch area, as well as other space.

Whenever they get around to applying for a permit for that phase of the construction, we will see it all.

This drawing you found shows that they already know exactly what they plan to do.

These separate buildings lined up in a curve remind me of the DVC resort over at AKL. I think what we see toward the bottom of the drawing are the lobby and other central buildings, and that there might be another row of buildings containing guest rooms to the south of what we are looking at.

Thanks TCD! I was able to download it. Would you like me to put a copy of it on my webserver?

If you don't mind doing so, it might be a good idea.

Then you could provide a link in case the one we are looking at disappears.

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter