• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Project Runway Season 16

So once again I was disappointed in who they sent home. Brandons outfit was horrible as it was last week when he won. I guess I'd never make it in the fashion industry because I don't usually agree with the judges. I did like Kentaros design and I'm glad that he won. I still don't know all of the names yet but felt the designer that made the bomber jacket with the bikini top should have gone home not the girl who did. Or one of the twins could have gone home instead. Hope this season gets better and they get rid of the twins. I was disappointed in Big Brother and now this. Survivor you are my only hope :darth::chewy:

I love this show - but I almost never agree with the judges. My impression is that the producers play a very heavy hand in who stays and who goes. In my opinion, they've kept a lot of crappy designers deep into the season many times just because they're "good tv" aka high drama people.

Don't understand Brandons designs. Margarita got lucky after throwing her model under the bus - I like her to begin with, but after her whining the one episode about having a larger model and now this week, I'm over her.

I didn't like the green pants outfit at all, but I do like the designer. I liked the winning look, but I must be old I had no idea crop tops were so back in fashion until this season of PR.

Well, after 15 seasons, they may have maxed out the pool of (good) designers willing to put themselves on a "reality" show.

I think you’re right about that. Also the sponsors are not the same. They’ve been dropping over the years. Especially from when the show first started when it was on Bravo.

Looks like we were wrong about the scandal being cheating involving the twins.

Maybe it’s Michael and Margarita? Either way, next week looks good.

My guess is that it’s Shawn that goes home. And, Claire looked really nice this week with her hair down and no makeup.

My impression is that the producers play a very heavy hand in who stays and who goes
True. Heidi is one of the producers.

"Torturesome?" Can you say pretentious? Anyway, I do like the winning look. Both of that team's outfits would appeal to the widest customer base. But while I understand about making a profit, I'm disappointed that JCP made it polyester. And why do they call the original price that? It wasn't ever sold at that price, right? It originated at the sale price?

Last edited:
True. Heidi is one of the producers.

"Torturesome?" Can you say pretentious? Anyway, I do like the winning look. Both of that team's outfits would appeal to the widest customer base. But while I understand about making a profit, I'm disappointed that JCP made it polyester. And why do they call the original price that? It wasn't ever sold at that price, right? It originated at the sale price?

Yeah, I went to look for it at JCP.com too - first off I had to scroll past all the clearance sales to find it and then thought it was odd that it was listed as on sale. Not a big fan of it on their site, looks frumpier or older to me. If JCP is all about discount and clearance at this point, why are they sponsoring PR?

And the twins are driving me crazy - that "air" that Claire puts on when she talks to the judges is annoying. Indeed.

Technically Tim did not use his save so he may still after the twins have their competition. I hope I'm wrong.

I have to laugh because if I were to walk into JCP the only outfit I would buy would be Claire's. I don't usually like her stuff but out of all the others her's was my favorite. I liked Kenya's too LOL

I did not like Margarita's at all. To me it looks like something you'd wrap over your hospital gown if you wanted to walk out of your room and roam the hall. I checked it out on JCP and didn't feel any different. In fact I think the changing of the hemline makes it look even more like that.

And I just don't understand the love for Brandon.

Technically Tim did not use his save so he may still after the twins have their competition. I hope I'm wrong.

I have to laugh because if I were to walk into JCP the only outfit I would buy would be Claire's. I don't usually like her stuff but out of all the others her's was my favorite. I liked Kenya's too LOL

I did not like Margarita's at all. To me it looks like something you'd wrap over your hospital gown if you wanted to walk out of your room and roam the hall. I checked it out on JCP and didn't feel any different. In fact I think the changing of the hemline makes it look even more like that.

And I just don't understand the love for Brandon.

I don't get the Brandon love at all either - but my 12 year old daughter said she'd like to wear his stuff, so maybe I'm old??

I don't get the Brandon love at all either - but my 12 year old daughter said she'd like to wear his stuff, so maybe I'm old??

I agree about Brandon. I think he looks like he just stepped out of Star Wars Rogue One, and is a designer for Rae?????!!! But apparently the judges love that look?
I was disappointed that the twins didn't get kicked off the show this Thursday, but I like the idea of having them make a garment in one hour with NO help from each other. The question is? How are they going to keep them apart and not talking to each other? That will be interesting. I agree that I think Shawn will be dismissed next week.
I love Kentaro's outfit and am leaning more and more towards him winning this show. But the judges sure like Brandon, so...............
Can't wait til next week:)

Last edited:
I noticed that. It made me think he is going to use it this week.
I thought he might have to use it on Brandon's team. I didn't like their outfits and I thought, if they wound up being the losing team, Kentaro had immunity, and Brandon would go.

I liked both the dresses on the winning team also. I can't wear either of them, but I liked them.

I don't think he'll use it. There are still a lot of challenges left, and I expect him to wait in case a really deserving designer has a bad week.

I doubt TIme will use his save on either one of the twins, but I do think he made the decision last week to let the judges know how they roll in that workroom. This is one way for the judges to see just what can be done when one has no help from the other.

I agree about Brandon. I think he looks like he just stepped out of Star Wars Rogue One, and is a designer for Rae?????!!! But apparently the judges love that look?
I was disappointed that the twins didn't get kicked off the show this Thursday, but I like the idea of having them make a garment in one hour with NO help from each other. The question is? How are they going to keep them apart and not talking to each other? That will be interesting. I agree that I think Shawn will be dismissed next week.
I love Kentaro's outfit and am leaning more and more towards him winning this show. But the judges sure like Brandon, so...............
Can't wait til next week:)

Do you think the twins get an entire episode because they are twins? They've had sudden death before and it has always been done at the end of the same episode.

Do you think the twins get an entire episode because they are twins? They've had sudden death before and it has always been done at the end of the same episode.

I think it's because they make "good tv" and are so "dramatic". I can't stand them and think they were brought on the show solely for their potential to be drama queens on tv, not because their designs were that good. I don't like that essentially a team got put on the show. Would be happy if they made it a double elimination after the sudden death, but of course that won't happen. lol

I think it's because they make "good tv" and are so "dramatic". I can't stand them and think they were brought on the show solely for their potential to be drama queens on tv, not because their designs were that good. I don't like that essentially a team got put on the show. Would be happy if they made it a double elimination after the sudden death, but of course that won't happen. lol

Indeed.

:rotfl:

Would be happy if they made it a double elimination after the sudden death, but of course that won't happen. lol
Who knows? It might. If they dedicate the whole next show to their competition, they still have to get rid of someone, right? And eliminating both would make up for not eliminating someone last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter