Project Runway Season 16

Disagree with judges ... again!

Michael should've won. That dress looked killer on his model. I was nervous when I saw all that gold lace in the workroom, but he pulled together a stunning look. I don't even like feathers but it worked.

Brandon's didn't do it for me. This is a repetitive look just with a striped material. I didn't hate it (I really liked the back) but I want to see something different from him. He's good, so I think we will. He took the judges words to heart.

Kenya's look was deserving of top 3. Something I'd never wear, but it was impeccably tailored.

I also liked Batani's look although we only saw a quick glance of the finished look.

Margarita finally made Jazzmine a look for her body type. She looked great!

I like Samantha so I'm glad she wasn't eliminated, but her look was bad. The fitting was way off.

Oh, Aaron. It looked like streamers. He had to go. Just bad. He knew it too. :(

And I can't take the twins anymore!! Ugh, Claire's smugness about not groveling. :snooty: Get over yourself. Your look was ugly and boring. The ratings will keep the twins, but I don't have to like it.

I thought that this was one of the worst runways, there were so many garments that I hated, I was basically yelling at my tv during the entire episode.

Michael should have won! His dress was so gorgeous, I seriously would buy that just to walk around my house looking like a QUEEN!

I liked Brandon's, but I didn't like his pink fabric for this specific challenge, and it was too repetitive.

I did not like Kenya's at all, but that was just because it wasn't my taste, and I hated the fabric, I can see how it was a top look though.

I thought that Margarita should have been in the top too, I also loved her dress.

I really disliked both Samantha's and Ayana's looks, although what Ayana sent down the runway looked a lot better than anything they showed in the work room.

They selected the correct person to send home, although I would have preferred a double elimination to get rid of Claire too (they hated your dress Claire, why did you think they didn't hate your dress?????).

Edited because I accidentally wrote that I didn't like Batani's look, when I meant Ayana's. I thought that Batani's look was nice, but not a top look per se.

Last edited:
I agree, Michael should have won, his dress was beautiful and his model looked stunning in it.

I loved Batani's dress, that was my favorite.

I like Samantha so I'm glad she didn't go home. The dress she was wearing was so much nicer than the one she designed for the show, she should have done a copycat for the model instead.

I knew Brandon was going to win because I hated his look. I thought it looked like he draped her in bed sheets and told my dd since I hate it, I know the judges will love it.

I don't even know what Aaron was thinking sending that down the runway. Honestly, sending her in her underwear would have been a better choice, he had to know he was going to be sent home anyway.

And Claire at the end with her little commentary. I'm not a violent person but I really wanted to smack her LOL

I liked all top three outfits. Didn't mind Brandon's at all. He was on the good side so the colours were right. Come to think about it I can't even remember the rest of the good side ones...lol

They did such a great job on the plus size models this time around. I'm liking the model's input on there outfits too.

Aaron should have stayed with his first design even though he might have been going home still it wouldn't be for this really , really bad one. Maybe Claire wouldn't have been gone.

I am leaning towards Michael (loved his look) and Batani. I liked her style from the start. Claire is such a snot, and can't stand the twin's careful. enunciation. of. each. word!!!! ick.
Did anyone notice that next week might be the week where someone is caught cheating by Tim???? It looked like it to me.

Based on what I've seen with the twins "supporting" each other, I can't help but wonder if the cheating relates to them crossing the line with helping each other.

Based on what I've seen with the twins "supporting" each other, I can't help but wonder if the cheating relates to them crossing the line with helping each other.

Yea, I was thinking that too. It's not fair to the others when they help each other. Not just helping, but sewing each others outfits and doing some of each others work. It would be nice if each contestant had someone to help sew and work on their outfits! (sarcasm) I hope Tim puts a stop to it. Can't wait til next week!

I am going to be out of town next week, so I likely won't see it right away, I hope it is good. I just want a twin (or two) to go, I am still annoyed at how aggravating Claire was on the last episode, they are always annoying, but she was just being so purposefully obtuse and bratty!

So far, I think this season is kind of weak.

At first I liked the idea of having plus sized models and switching it up. But I don't think it's working for the designers. It's hard enough banging out an outfit in such a short time, it's got to be 10x harder when you're not familiar with the body each week. That's one advantage previous contestants had and I don't think it's fair for this season's to have to change each week.

They should have had Tim pick from the button bag and assign a model to each designer to work with, then halfway through, draw from the button bag again and reassign the models for the rest of the season if they wanted to do something different. (And you can't have the same body type model both times.)

I really appreciate and admire the designers who can sew really well. Only because that's something I cannot, for the life of me, do. My mother could sew and hem with perfect stitches and when I tried, it looked like Dr. Frankenstein did it.

So far (I think) the strongest designers (who sew the best) are Kenya and Brandon. Although Brandon has to show more which he's aware he has to do.

Yea, I was thinking that too. It's not fair to the others when they help each other. Not just helping, but sewing each others outfits and doing some of each others work. It would be nice if each contestant had someone to help sew and work on their outfits! (sarcasm) I hope Tim puts a stop to it. Can't wait til next week!

Obviously it's not quite fair because they have a "de facto" helper if they assist each other all the time, but there have been plenty of times over the many seasons that someone that finished their garment early pitched in to help another member of the cast and the show has never done anything about it, I think the idea being that it's your choice to help others.

That's what I said on page one I think lol

If it's not the 'cheating' episode, it looks like it's getting close.

Finally.

Obviously it's not quite fair because they have a "de facto" helper if they assist each other all the time, but there have been plenty of times over the many seasons that someone that finished their garment early pitched in to help another member of the cast and the show has never done anything about it, I think the idea being that it's your choice to help others.

That is ok but I think the twins take it further and design pieces of each others looks not just help sew it.

In previous seasons, there clearly has been help among the designers, but it's been along the lines of, "I'm not using this fabric; you can have it" or, "I have a little time, I'll trim your seams for you". I get the feeling the twins would be designing parts of a garment for each other--that's clearly a no-no. Offering suggestions? Again, fine. Doing the actual work? No.

I thought I remembered several seasons ago when someone got in major trouble because the judges thought that maybe someone else had done some of the sewing. It seems to me that it was near the finals and around Mondo's season.

I watched.....not glad about who went home.
And was surprised nothing was mentioned to Claire and Shawn about what Tim told the judges. I really, really want them to leave!

I watched, I'm disappointed too, did not think she was the one who deserved to go home. I was rooting for her to be in the finals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter