Project Runway Season 16

Nohal

DIS Veteran
So glad to see this is back for another season. I missed the show and will have to watch on demand. Who else is watching this season?

watched the first one.
Did they always do half the contestants at the beginning. I don't remember that

I'm in! I'm such a fan of "Project Runway". Have they shown Swatch (the dog)yet? I've only seen the first episode, where they select the 16 contestants, but I have the second episode recorded. I'm not sure why I'm a fan-I have no design sense, and the joke in our family is that on the runway, whoever has the outfit that I like the most, has gotten the kiss of death from me-they're destined to be eliminated and usually are. The outfit I hate is sometimes the winner.

I'm watching,much to my husbands chagrin, LOL!!!! I just love that show. Maybe it's because I could care less about my clothes??? I love that they have plus sized models in addition to the skinny ones. The real world! They seem to have a varied cast of characters this time. Interesting! I usually pick who I think will win after 2 shows. Anyone else up for predicting who will win??? Big prizes at the end? Ok, then just bragging rights.

I'm watching! Just watched half of the first actual show and I love that they have different sized models too! I think it is good for the contestants and it will make things a lot more interesting. I always get so irritated at the contestants who get so put out by a model that is not the "perfect" size. I think it will be a good one!

I am watching, and love the models this season as well. I couldn't hem a pair of pants to save my life, and have little to no fashion sense, but for some reason I love PR, and seeing what the contestants create, and how talented they are.

WATCHING! ! !

I love me some Tim Gunn. You can tell he cares about the designers and is a genuine person. :love:

The twins are already annoying me.:scared: I think it is the over annunciation of every.single.syllable. Even if they don't mean to be, it sounds so pretentious.

Spoiler alert. :magnify:

I loved this weeks winning design -- and what I typically love what they hate. Lol. It was a beautiful dress that hugged her curves to perfection!

They made the right call with the elimination, but I would've loved to see Chacha's designs on an unconventional challenge.

On the teaser reel I can't wait to see the cheating scandal! Should be a fun season.

@fly girl I completely agree with everything that you wrote! I don't usually like drama with my PR (I am more in it for the creativity and final designs) but I am very curious about the cheating scandal.

I just hope we don't see a parade of designers going home during the week that it's time for them to use the normal or plus sized models. I suspect the narrative would be that it's "too hard" to create for a normal or larger body, but in reality, I think it's laziness or an inability to think outside the norm.

Watching! I never miss a season!

Agree with PPs, the twins are annoying, and LOVE that they are using models of various body types!!

I agree with PP, I think it was the right call on the elimination this week. I personally was confused that he made it on the show in the first place. I was completely shocked that the guy who never did women's wear was in the top 3!!

They seem to have a varied cast of characters this time.
I don't find the designer group to be that varied. Pretty much the same bunch of oddly mental cases.

I just don't get why someone who's trying to design clothes for the masses dress so ...... don't have a word for it........ weird? messy? with such an "I don't care how I look" attitude, I guess.

That said, I do like to watch the shows that really focus on seeing who actually designs/produces the "best" outfit each week. Not so much the drama stuff.

Anyone else up for predicting who will win??? Big prizes at the end? Ok, then just bragging rights.
I'm in. If we can change our predictions when our choice is eliminated :D. I like Kenya and Samantha (I think?) because they both seem happy, even excited. But I think Dayante or possibly Brandon will win. Brandon surprised me. He went from getting 'stuck' with one of the plus-size models, to designing a boxy top in a too-stiff fabric, to In.

I like that PR is reassigning the models randomly each week.
I just don't get why someone who's trying to design clothes for the masses dress so ...... don't have a word for it........ ? messy? with such an "I don't care how I look" attitude, I guess.
Creativity...individuality...design aesthetic...?

I'm in. I'm glad this thread popped up because I didn't know the new season had started.

I'm only 20 minutes into the episode but my prediction is for Kenya (?) to win.

My guess for the cheating that takes place is that one of the twins does work on the other twins outfit.

I hope the twins are eliminated soon because I don't like either one of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!