Princess Kate is in labor with baby 3!!!

A while back, someone on the DIS said she always calls her DD Amy even though her real name is Amelia and that she never calls her Amelia except when she's scolding her. I had asked why didn't she just name her Amy, if they already knew they'd always call her that. She got really upset with me. :duck: Apparently, "Amy" is just a nickname like "Liz" or "Beth" is for Elizabeth? :confused3 I didn't know. I always thought Amy was a full name like Anne is.

(And if YOU are the poster who got mad at me before, I STILL think Amy is a lovely name and can be a full name. But, what do I know. :duck: )
Wasn't me; not at all. I had a weirdly similar experience with a friend just the other day. Her daughter is named Kathleen - which absolutely nobody knows - and has always been referred to as Katie. They planned it that way and it I find it super-odd.

Maybe she was "safely delivered of a son at 1101hrs." on SUNDAY morning and Queenie & Company withheld the news for a day. That announcement doesn't specify the date of birth.

The official announcement does say “safely delivered of a son at 1101hrs TODAY” and it has “23rd April 2018” at the bottom of the announcement that sits outside Buckingham Palace. So that indicates “today” as that day which was 23rd April.

I thought it's been known for years that Harry's father is one of Diana's bodyguards. ;)

He wasn’t a bodyguard was he? Thought he was just a friend. A very very close friend. A way to close of a friend.

The name James has been tossed about and is in on the bookies lists, but if the Queen has to approve the name, I can not see her approving James.

I would rather James over Arthur though, Arthur is so old sounding, James doesn’t sound so old.

Micheal would be nice, for her father. But far too modern sounding for them I think, so could be used as a middle name, one of many middle names he will carry.

My 3 picks from the bookies list - FREDRICK Michael......THOMAS Micheal.......ALEXANDER Michael

Last edited:
While you may think it was quite chivalrous, (not flaming you,) Edward/David's abdication almost ended the monarchy. It's mostly been downgraded to a P.R. title as it is. He created a P.R. and country nightmare. There he goes, thumbing his nose at all the tradition, pomp & ceremony, abdicates as though it's less important than marrying some woman, who is divorced AND an American. Very scandalous at the time. The non-Royalist political parties jumped all over his abdication, asking "WHY do we even have the Royal family & titles anymore anyway? What are we taxpayers paying them for?"

Edward/David created the title of "Duke of Windsor" for himself and left with his wife to France (I think?) where, he thought, would only be a temporary exile. Until the country and the Royal family got over what he did. Then he could go on being a Royal, without the crown.

King George (Bertie) never forgave him. Bertie hadn't been trained since birth to be the monarch - AND during a time of a world war and having speech problems. When King George died, far too young, his wife, (also named Elizabeth) blamed Edward/David for his death, saying the stress of being King killed him. She never forgave him.

The now Queen Elizabeth II, was thrust into the role of being unexpected Queen, way too soon. And she has pledged her life, till she dies to be Queen. She will never turn over the monarchy to Charles, as, after seeing what her uncle did to the monarchy, she pledged she would never hand away the throne entrusted to her. While she is 92, her mother lived to be 101. So she may be around for a while yet. (Long live the Queen!)

Edward/David never did get a welcome him back to the Royal family or England. And he lived his life, with his wife in exile. He also risked losing the income he was getting from the British government if he came back. And even though he called himself the Duke of Windsor, he never did get the Royal attention he thought he'd get, except by Americans & other foreigners who treated him a somewhat of a celebrity and loved inviting him to parties only due to his title as a "duke." His wife, Wallis Simpson, the Duchess of Windsor, according to many reports, had told close friends that he actually lived a rather emotionally depressed life, in spite of all their jet-setting & partying. While, he loved her dearly, he really did miss being "Royal." He really hadn't realized all he gave up for her and the rather bland life they would lead. Being invited to parties as a fluffy "celebrity" is not the same as being loved & respected by one's country and having a real purpose in life.

I know too much about the Royal family. :laughing: I was a loyal Princess Diana fan.

If anyone has amazon prime there is a movie on there titled Wallis Simpson The Secret Letters that is really interesting.

According to the letters she wrote Wallis really did not want to marry him and felt that she backed herself into a corner with all that happened and what he gave up for her. She was still in love with her ex.

I could never understand what was so special about her and what hold she had on him that he would give up so much for her. After watching the movie I kind of felt bad for her that she got stuck with such a dud. Lol.

I saw the movie last year and want to watch it again, but from what I remember the letters were written to her mother and she told her to destroy them once read, but her mother kept them instead.

Last edited:

If anyone has amazon prime there is a movie on there titled Wallis Simpson The Secret Letters that is really interesting.

According to the letters she wrote Wallis really did not want to marry him and felt that she backed herself into a corner with all that happened and what he gave up for her. She was still in love with her ex.

I could never understand what was so special about her and what hold she had on him that he would give up so much for her. After watching the movie I kind of felt bad for her that she got stuck with such a dud. Lol.

I saw the movie last year and want to watch it again, but from what I remember the letters were written to her mother and she told her to destroy them once read, but her mother kept them instead.

I am watching this now! Thank you!

Wasn't me; not at all. I had a weirdly similar experience with a friend just the other day. Her daughter is named Kathleen - which absolutely nobody knows - and has always been referred to as Katie. They planned it that way and it I find it super-odd.
Haha! I did the same thing as your friend. My son is a third (III) - named after his father and grandfather, but hardly anybody knows his real first name. We put his real name and his nickname on his birth announcements. He has been called Trip (short for triple - III) ever since he was born. We planned it that way.

I heard that they would be prohibited from using the names of any of William’s cousins, so James is out as that is Prince Edward’s son’s name.

As to the trendy names, maybe if your number in line is in double digits, it’s ok. Princess Anne’s granddaughters are named Savannah, Isla and Mia.

There is also this documentary that may still be airing on PBS or the BBC channel which are showing everything they can about the Royal family since Meghan & Harry announced their engagement. So it may re-air a few times. I recorded it a couple weeks ago but had to delete it before watching it, as my DVR is crammed full of other stuff I plan on binge-watching.

It's about the feud between the late Queen Mother and Wallis Simpson. They were sister-in-laws.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture...the-late-Queen-Mother-and-Wallis-Simpson.html

I LOVE Amy for a girls name.

I do too. That's why I had asked the poster why she didn't just name her DD that.

I've known many females named Amy who were just AMY. It wasn't a nickname for anything, but was their actual name. It is not always short for Amelia or Amanda. All the Amelias I have known were Amelia, not Amy.

Agreed. I know several. Including one in my family.

Thank you!

( :ssst: I'll PayPal you guys the payments for saying that later. ;) :teeth: )

I don't think it's any worse than George or Harry. Let's face it, being a member of the Royal family is a little different than living in small town America and going to your local elementary school.

Yeah, even George Clooney, former People's Sexiest Man Alive, thought he had a rather old fashioned, fuddy-duddy first name. And now it's got the cachet of being the name of the future King of Britain.

DH's niece is Katie, I had only ever known her as Katie. When DD was born we named her Catherine, that's when I found out the niece's name was really Catherine spelled the exact same way. :scared: DD goes by her full name and Katie still goes by Katie.

DH's niece is Katie, I had only ever known her as Katie. When DD was born we named her Catherine, that's when I found out the niece's name was really Catherine spelled the exact same way. :scared: DD goes by her full name and Katie still goes by Katie.
We are actually a family of nicknames, with the full traditional name as our legal name.

But they are all very common. Like Tim for Timothy, Jim for James, Bill for William. I guess, those I expect. Changing the spelling, I don't get that. Although I guess Catie is a little different.

I have a cousin named Amelia but she only goes by Amy.

The top 100 baby names in England aren't has "trendy" as the ones here in the States. If the baby is named Arthur, he really wouldn't be out of place since Arthur was the #28 name in 2017.

And it's #273 in the US right now, so definitely not out of fashion. It's more popular than Gage, Travis, Damien, Seth, Jaiden, Shawn, Gregory, etc.

I am watching this now! Thank you!

One more documentary that’s excellent on amazon prime is Prince Philip The Plot To Make A King.

It tells how his uncle Lord Louie Mountbatten set up the relationship between Elizabeth and Philip. The royal family did not want her to marry him.

There’s historical footage throughout that’s really fascinating.

A good book to read about the four surviving sons of George V during WWII, is Princes at War.

It’s been a couple of years since I read it, but some of the tidbits about David:

- Hid the money he earned from the Duchy of Cornwall plus jewelry and other funds, while negotiating a settlement and allowance upon abdication. Said he only had £91k (£6m in 2017) pounds to his name; actually had over £1m (£65m in 2017). He was granted an annual allowance of £11000 (just under £712000 in 2017) paid out of Bertie’s pocket. The allowance ended upon George VI’s death in 1952.

- Bertie had to purchase Sandringham and Balmoral back from David since they were personally inherited, not part of the crown holdings. £290000 (nearly £19m in 2017)

- Was given a military posting in France; due to his activities had to be sent to the Bahamas within the year.

- at one point, (un)wittingly, aided an attempted assassination of Churchill.

Once it became clear that she would NEVER be getting a HRH title she became more brazen in her cheating on him.

Have we heard what they named him yet? I thought someone said Wednesday??

It will likely be tomorrow. Today was Anzac Day - a day of rememberance for New Zealanders and Australians who lost their lives in various wars/acts of service. Prince William, Harry and Meghan participated in services marking the day. I would assume they didn’t feel it was appropriate to announce today.

And it’s already 11pm in London.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter