Princess Kate is in labor with baby 3!!!

Jack is fine - there's nothing wrong with calling a "John" Jack - I'm jut baffled as to how it ever evolved.
Very good question! For me, John Kennedy is the most famous "Jack" but I don't know how that evolved.

Entertainment Tonight talked to a professional British bookmaker who said the odds on favorite is Arthur at 7/1 odds. James is second at 3/1. And Albert at 4/1 odds.

Will & Kate announced the names of both previous babies 2 days after birth. So, expect the baby's name possibly on Wed.

My sister is pregnant with her second, due in July. A baby boy and she already chose the name Phillip as soon as she found out the gender. So I'm banking on a Phillip!

She was the same with the other 2. Most of it is due to the fact that the road where the media and spectators camp out and the hospital itself are a very busy regular hospital. She knows that her presence there causes a huge amount of disruption, for regular patients, staff, the police, etc etc. Her hair dresser and personal stylist were at the hospital to get her ready. Im sure that she just wants to go home and be away from all the scrutiny. She will probally have a private nurse for a while. And dont forget she has nannys, cooks, maids etc a full household staff.
She hires her parents to help her. When George was born, she even moved back home with them. When Charlotte was born, her parents moved in with them, I am sure it is the same with this baby. Sure they have staff, for cooking, cleaning, but I am betting on are her parents and themselves taking care of the baby.

I don't care if you have people to come and attend to your hair and makeup, it's a lot of pressure to walk out of that hospital hours after giving birth to be greeted by the worldwide press and cameras.

Maybe she was "safely delivered of a son at 1101hrs." on SUNDAY morning and Queenie & Company withheld the news for a day. That announcement doesn't specify the date of birth.

:goodvibes It was a good enough guess. How they get “Jack” out of John is beyond me, as is “Peggy” from Margaret, but I digress...

Along those lines, how did a certain suggestive nickname evolve from Richard? :teeth:

Maybe she was "safely delivered of a son at 1101hrs." on SUNDAY morning and Queenie & Company withheld the news for a day. That announcement doesn't specify the date of birth.

Along those lines, how did a certain suggestive nickname evolve from Richard? :teeth:
When my DH was a little guy he refused to believe Dick came from Richard (not sure now how that conversation even got started). I can remember him arguing very logically with someone that the actual name was Dickard. :rotfl2:

So happy for them. Can't wait to find out the name.

Honestly, I'm not sure the royal family is human LOL! Six hours after giving birth, Kate looked flawless. I know she has stylists and designers and all kinds of help, but still, she looked absolutely stunning. Then, just this morning on fb, I saw a photo of the Queen, she went out for a morning horseback ride I believe she is 92, and she was riding in a field this morning. Whatever they have, I wish I had it!

Seems highly likely with fans and press literally camped outside the hospital for a couple weeks now.

Personally I hope they don't saddle the kid with Arthur or Albert for a first name. My money's on John.

:rolleyes1...and maybe everything happens for a reason. As a Nazi sympathizer, it's anybody's guess how that might have changed Britain's involvement in WW2 if he had been in a position of influence at that time.

Also there is evidence that the Duke of Windsor was actually plotting with the Nazi's with the promise he would actually be returned to the throne.

Wallis Simpson allegedly told friends that all the partying & hob-nobbing eventually became empty & shallow as the Duke of Windsor eventually realized that none of those people were really his friends. They just invited him to parties & such to be able to tell everyone they have a Duke coming to their parties.

I hypothesize Hitler probably played the Duke in the same way, only he couldn't see it. Hitler was supposedly really a very charismatic person at first. That was how he was able to rise up & get so many people behind him before later using force by his soldiers. He probably cozied up to the Duke, flattering his ego, saying how much power the two of them will have once David is returned to the throne - with real power, not just being a talking figurehead, and they can rule Europe & the world together. :sad2:

Kind of interesting to think how many details, had they gone the other way, could have ended the war and our way of life so differently. :scratchin Like if we hadn't created the atomic bomb first, if Indiana Jones hadn't found the Ark of the Covenant first. ;)

:goodvibes It was a good enough guess. How they get “Jack” out of John is beyond me, as is “Peggy” from Margaret, but I digress...

A while back, someone on the DIS said she always calls her DD Amy even though her real name is Amelia and that she never calls her Amelia except when she's scolding her. I had asked why didn't she just name her Amy, if they already knew they'd always call her that. She got really upset with me. :duck: Apparently, "Amy" is just a nickname like "Liz" or "Beth" is for Elizabeth? :confused3 I didn't know. I always thought Amy was a full name like Anne is.

(And if YOU are the poster who got mad at me before, I STILL think Amy is a lovely name and can be a full name. But, what do I know. :duck: )

Wallis Simpson allegedly told friends that all the partying & hob-nobbing eventually became empty & shallow as the Duke of Windsor eventually realized that none of those people were really his friends. They just invited him to parties & such to be able to tell everyone they have a Duke coming to their parties.

I hypothesize Hitler probably played the Duke in the same way, only he couldn't see it. Hitler was supposedly really a very charismatic person at first. That was how he was able to rise up & get so many people behind him before later using force by his soldiers. He probably cozied up to the Duke, flattering his ego, saying how much power the two of them will have once David is returned to the throne - with real power, not just being a talking figurehead, and they can rule Europe & the world together. :sad2:

Kind of interesting to think how many details, had they gone the other way, could have ended the war and our way of life so differently. :scratchin Like if we hadn't created the atomic bomb first, if Indiana Jones hadn't found the Ark of the Covenant first. ;)

Oh I don't doubt that the Nazis were only toying with the idea that Britain might surrender more easily and accept German control if it were cloaked in the supposed return of their former king. What I doubt is that the Duke and Duchess of Windsor was a lifelong love story. I think the bloom was off the rose for both of them rather quickly, something which they would have been in an incredibly awkward position to publicly admit for many reasons.

IMO the British monarchy would no longer exist if he had remained on the throne. He may have had more charisma than his younger brother and been more skilled on the surface at the public role, but the fact of the matter is his brother's willingness to toe a very careful line of dutifulness that has been strictly followed by his daughter has managed to keep the monarchy afloat. Some events have weakened the public resolve to maintain the monarchy, but Elizabeth's continued steadiness has allowed the monarchy to survive thus far. IMO Charles is cut from a different cloth and things might change if he takes the throne.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!