Priceline Express Deals

Thanks so much to the previous posters who shared their luck with Colorado Springs! We just jumped on the same dates and even used one of the discount codes to save an additional $30 off.

Does anyone know if these rooms are in a certain area of the resort? We would like to avoid the Ranchos section, but we're not sure that that is possible at such a low rate.

Thanks, again, for sharing such helpful information.
Ranchos is currently not open unless something very recently changed. It'll most likely be in Casitas since right now that and GDT are the only sections open and I'm not sure all of Casitas is open(?)

I've gotten preferred room when I've done PLE and scored Coronado. If memory serves, it should say on your reservation (or maybe after you link to MDE) if you have preferred.

When are your dates?

Thanks for the information! We will be there from Dec. 27-31. After I linked the reservation into MDE, I can see that it says “standard view”, so I’m guessing that we didn’t get preferred? Totally fine with that as we are happy to already be scoring a great deal.

Last edited:
Thanks so much to the previous posters who shared their luck with Colorado Springs! We just jumped on the same dates and even used one of the discount codes to save an additional $30 off.

Does anyone know if these rooms are in a certain area of the resort? We would like to avoid the Ranchos section, but we're not sure that that is possible at such a low rate.

Thanks, again, for sharing such helpful information.

GDT and Casitas 1-5 are the only lodging areas operating. Standard View is Casitas 4 and 5. I hope we stay in Casitas for the bus schedule.

Any guesses? Praying for Yacht Club but it’s a costly mistake if it’s not on property.

Attachments

• 5EB7CC61-8DF4-4C65-893A-E5742410B641.jpeg
    5EB7CC61-8DF4-4C65-893A-E5742410B641.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 65

Any guesses? Praying for Yacht Club but it’s a costly mistake if it’s not on property.
It's more likely than not the Yacht Club, but the screen you're showing doesn't provide enough info for me to be truly confident that it is. JJTNY's database shows four Bonnet Creek hotels that are 4 stars and 9+ rated: Boulder Ridge Villas (8 reviews), Boardwalk Inn (37 reviews), Yacht Club (71 reviews), and the J.W. Marriott (14 reviews). The Boardwalk Inn is still closed so it's not that (unless it's a glitch listing). But it could be any of the other three. I think the Yacht Club is the most likely of the three because it has been appearing often on Priceline Express deals lately and because the J.W. Marriott is cheaper than $334 per night as a non-opaque booking ($232 per night on a search I made for your dates). The screen before the one you took a photo of should show the number of reviews and the price that the quoted $334 per night is discounted from. IF it shows 70 reviews and a former price of about $665 (the price they're quoting for a non-opaque booking at YC), I'd feel confident enough to book it.

It's more likely than not the Yacht Club, but the screen you're showing doesn't provide enough info for me to be truly confident that it is. JJTNY's database shows four Bonnet Creek hotels that are 4 stars and 9+ rated: Boulder Ridge Villas (8 reviews), Boardwalk Inn (37 reviews), Yacht Club (71 reviews), and the J.W. Marriott (14 reviews). The Boardwalk Inn is still closed so it's not that (unless it's a glitch listing). But it could be any of the other three. I think the Yacht Club is the most likely of the three because it has been appearing often on Priceline Express deals lately and because the J.W. Marriott is cheaper than $334 per night as a non-opaque booking ($232 per night on a search I made for your dates). The screen before the one you took a photo of should show the number of reviews and the price that the quoted $334 per night is discounted from. IF it shows 70 reviews and a former price of about $665 (the price they're quoting for a non-opaque booking at YC), I'd feel confident enough to book it.

Thank you so much!!!

Attachments

• 4FBE9313-50F2-47C1-A566-1CD06631FDA7.jpeg
    4FBE9313-50F2-47C1-A566-1CD06631FDA7.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 49

It matches to YC transparent listing rating of 9.5 and 73 reviews. The opaque listings round the rating and review numbers. It could even be an upgraded water view.

85AEE1E9-CE8E-463B-850E-ACC162AF0F33.jpeg

Thank you so much!!!
Tom already nailed the answer - I agree would be very surprised if not YC.

FWIW, buried in the html code for these 4*9 deals is a clue the rooms are water view.

(Caveat: Priceline Express site often has weird info like free parking as amenities on Disney resorts, etc, so I'd take any specific info like that with a grain of salt. But so far several reports I've heard is that they are water view.)

Thanks for the information! We will be there from Dec. 27-31. After I linked the reservation into MDE, I can see that it says “standard view”, so I’m guessing that we didn’t get preferred? Totally fine with that as we are happy to already be scoring a great deal.
I did PLE for 2 rooms last week for Coronado before off property stay, it said "standard view" after linking to MDE. When I checked in I asked how much to upgrade to GDT standard and this wonderful CM gave us some pixie dust no charge! It doesn't hurt to ask. We were in rooms 401 and 403 and had a great corner view of water and Expedition Everest.

I did PLE for 2 rooms last week for Coronado before off property stay, it said "standard view" after linking to MDE. When I checked in I asked how much to upgrade to GDT standard and this wonderful CM gave us some pixie dust no charge! It doesn't hurt to ask. We were in rooms 401 and 403 and had a great corner view of water and Expedition Everest.

Thanks for sharing this! Did you do online check-in? I’m wondering if skipping online check-in would make it easier to ask for a GDT room after landing a “standard” room via HW. Thanks for any additional suggestions!

Thanks for sharing this! Did you do online check-in? I’m wondering if skipping online check-in would make it easier to ask for a GDT room after landing a “standard” room via HW. Thanks for any additional suggestions!
I did not do online check-in so I could ask about GDT room when we checked in at the hotel- which really worked out for us. The process was definitely longer probably took about a half-hour but worth it!

It looks like this was asked about previously, but I’m thinking about booking a Priceline express deal for 12/23-12/28. It’s showing at $154 a night 4.5 reviews with 8+ rating. I’m thinking it’s the Swan:..but the “beach front” amenity is throwing me off. Any ideas?!

It looks like this was asked about previously, but I’m thinking about booking a Priceline express deal for 12/23-12/28. It’s showing at $154 a night 4.5 reviews with 8+ rating. I’m thinking it’s the Swan:..but the “beach front” amenity is throwing me off. Any ideas?!
If you go to select room type, it shows typical rooms at the Swan. The room type for $154 is the Traditional Queen/Queen room, which is available on the Marriott site for an AP rate of $159 and a few dollars more for the last night. The Priceline payment page shows a $30 nightly resort fee, which also is a giveaway for the Swan.

There also is a Senior rate on the Marriott site, for slightly more than the AP rate.

As with Disney resorts, there is a daily parking fee at the Swan, if you will have a car.

If you go to select room type, it shows typical rooms at the Swan. The room type for $154 is the Traditional Queen/Queen room, which is available on the Marriott site for an AP rate of $159 and a few dollars more for the last night. The Priceline payment page shows a $30 nightly resort fee, which also is a giveaway for the Swan.

There also is a Senior rate on the Marriott site, for slightly more than the AP rate.

As with Disney resorts, there is a daily parking fee at the Swan, if you will have a car.

Thank you, very much! This is so helpful.

I agree with shoreward that it is very likely the Swan, for the reasons he gave and the additional facts that (a) it has 400 reviews as a Priceline Express, while the non-opaque Swan listing has 487 (they round down on PE listings, so that's consistent with it being the Swan), and (b) it is discounted from $189 to $154 as a PE listing, while the Swan itself is listed as $189 (not likely coincidental).

At post 6527, JJTNY mentions that PE can list amenities incorrectly, and he even mentions the "beachfront" issue.

No. Rooms are assigned in advance by the resort back office regardless of checkin (online vs in-person). The pp was most likely already assigned a specific room, however, upgraded to GDT upon asking in person (which is why the process took longer).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter