Priceline Express Deals

I just got off the phone with Disney Wholesale and successfully added an adult and a child. She did not hesitate at all, did not mention having to call Priceline, or anything about an additional charge. I logged into MDE and the information has already been updated.

And just for additional info for anyone interested - it took about 48 hours before I was able to add my PL reservation to MDE.
I'm still waiting for mine to show up in mde...I talked to 2 different people at Disney and they both said that I had to get pl to email them with the changes...guess I was unlucky.

Was the adult you added the third adult? They said they could add children and a second adult with no problem. It was the third adult that was troublesome.

HELP!! Dh sprung a last minute trip idea on me for January 28-February 4. I looked on PL for 1/28-1/31 and it showed $142 and HC listed WAY too many Disney resorts. The options were BW, BC, YC, WL villas, AKL, and maybe a couple more. Is it most likely AKL? We don't want to stay there but I would like to take this deal if possible. Also, anyone want to help me look for some/all options for January 28-February 4? Thanks!

I'm still waiting for mine to show up in mde...I talked to 2 different people at Disney and they both said that I had to get pl to email them with the changes...guess I was unlucky.

Was the adult you added the third adult? They said they could add children and a second adult with no problem. It was the third adult that was troublesome.

Yep! When my reservation finally linked in MDE, I selected my DH as the second person. Then I called and told the wholesale cast member that I have a PL reservation and I would like to add an adult (my DD 19) and a child (my DD17). She did it right while I was on the phone and we had no issues at all. That's so strange that it wouldn't work the same for you.

Yep! When my reservation finally linked in MDE, I selected my DH as the second person. Then I called and told the wholesale cast member that I have a PL reservation and I would like to add an adult (my DD 19) and a child (my DD17). She did it right while I was on the phone and we had no issues at all. That's so strange that it wouldn't work the same for you.
How long ago was it? Maybe the policy has changed. I even tried telling the agent that a friend had done it and she said I must be mistaken :(

How long ago was it? Maybe the policy has changed. I even tried telling the agent that a friend had done it and she said I must be mistaken :(

This all happened yesterday. I made the Priceline transaction around 4pm on Saturday, was finally able to link the reservation in MDE around 4pm on Monday. I got home from work and called wholesale that same day. By 5pm, the correct people were showing in MDE.

This all happened yesterday. I made the Priceline transaction around 4pm on Saturday, was finally able to link the reservation in MDE around 4pm on Monday. I got home from work and called wholesale that same day. By 5pm, the correct people were showing in MDE.

Okay....I was able to link my reservation this morning. Just called Disney Wholesale to add third adult, and was told I would have to contact Priceline.

So it seems that the answer you get depends on the CM. Wondering if I should just keep calling back until I get someone who will do it?

Okay....I was able to link my reservation this morning. Just called Disney Wholesale to add third adult, and was told I would have to contact Priceline.

So it seems that the answer you get depends on the CM. Wondering if I should just keep calling back until I get someone who will do it?
It definitely depends on the CM. The first CM I talked to with ours told me they absolutely couldn't do it. The second one added the third adult no problem.

I was told it has to do with the charges. Disney has to charge somebody for the third adult, but Priceline has no way to pass more charges on to the customer, so they hit a stalemate with Disney charging Priceline and Priceline disputing the charge. When Disney adds the third adult, I think they're just eating the fee.

This is why Hotwire works better, because they ask up front how many people are in the room, so they know how much extra charge to pass on.

HELP!! Dh sprung a last minute trip idea on me for January 28-February 4. I looked on PL for 1/28-1/31 and it showed $142 and HC listed WAY too many Disney resorts. The options were BW, BC, YC, WL villas, AKL, and maybe a couple more. Is it most likely AKL? We don't want to stay there but I would like to take this deal if possible. Also, anyone want to help me look for some/all options for January 28-February 4? Thanks!

Any interest in Waldorf? I'm pretty sure it's a 5 star Express Deal for your full stay.

I checked for 1/28-1/31 and see an All Star as an ED and based on the number of reviews listed in the ED, Movies or Music is more likely than Sports. Similarly, that time period has a 4 star ED that based on the guest rating (8) and number of reviews, is most likely AKL.

It definitely depends on the CM. The first CM I talked to with ours told me they absolutely couldn't do it. The second one added the third adult no problem.

I was told it has to do with the charges. Disney has to charge somebody for the third adult, but Priceline has no way to pass more charges on to the customer, so they hit a stalemate with Disney charging Priceline and Priceline disputing the charge. When Disney adds the third adult, I think they're just eating the fee.

This is why Hotwire works better, because they ask up front how many people are in the room, so they know how much extra charge to pass on.

I don't mind paying the extra charge... just wish they would come up with a way for the customer to pay extra charge to PL or Disney. Although, I didn't think there was a charge for extra adults in DVC resorts..

I don't mind paying the extra charge... just wish they would come up with a way for the customer to pay extra charge to PL or Disney. Although, I didn't think there was a charge for extra adults in DVC resorts..
When I called Priceline they said it's absolutely forbidden to have more than 2 people in a room per their terms of service.

Which is of course not what it says at all. This is just Priceline being dumb.

When I called Priceline they said it's absolutely forbidden to have more than 2 people in a room per their terms of service.

Which is of course not what it says at all. This is just Priceline being dumb.

I think I'll call Disney back and tell them Priceline said it was up to the hotel to add more people (actually, that is what the TOS says). Surely they aren't going to turn down another person to spend money at the parks and resorts.

Any interest in Waldorf? I'm pretty sure it's a 5 star Express Deal for your full stay.
I checked for 1/28-1/31 and see an All Star as an ED and based on the number of reviews listed in the ED, Movies or Music is more likely than Sports. Similarly, that time period has a 4 star ED that based on the guest rating (8) and number of reviews, is most likely AKL.
Nope, no interest in Waldorf. We are Magical Express people lol. I definitely don't want any of the All Stars because there is a dance competition going on that weekend. Thanks for your help, though! We might just have to bite the bullet and most likely get AKL. I would only be really upset if we didn't get a Disney resort at all.

I think I'll call Disney back and tell them Priceline said it was up to the hotel to add more people (actually, that is what the TOS says). Surely they aren't going to turn down another person to spend money at the parks and resorts.

Well, crap! I called back and I think I got the exact same person I got this morning, and he's not budging.

Have you had any success yet? I think you and I must have talked to the same person at Disney Wholesale. The first time I talked to him he was very abrupt. The second time, I would almost say he was rude.

Have you had any success yet? I think you and I must have talked to the same person at Disney Wholesale. The first time I talked to him he was very abrupt. The second time, I would almost say he was rude.
Do you need DME? If not, couldn't you just add the extra adult at the desk when you get there? Of course, I assume it is a last minute reservation and you don't need them added for 60 day FP or something.

I actually talked to a lady both times (not the same one) and they both said Priceline had to email them with the request for the additional adult. When I called Priceline I actually had to give the agent the number for Disney Wholesale since she couldn't get an answer on the normal line. I was advised to give it a few days and call back. I'll let you know what happens.

I actually talked to a lady both times (not the same one) and they both said Priceline had to email them with the request for the additional adult. When I called Priceline I actually had to give the agent the number for Disney Wholesale since she couldn't get an answer on the normal line. I was advised to give it a few days and call back. I'll let you know what happens.

Are you by chance a passholder? You could try the passholder helpline. I once had someone there do some research on why my PL reservation wasn't showing up and she called wholesale and some other department while I held to try and get information. Maybe a passholder CM can work some magic for you.

Are you by chance a passholder? You could try the passholder helpline. I once had someone there do some research on why my PL reservation wasn't showing up and she called wholesale and some other department while I held to try and get information. Maybe a passholder CM can work some magic for you.
Unfortunately I'm not a passholder. I was talking to a tech support guy on a separate issue and he said that it usually takes a few days after the email to get it straight. This is more trouble than it's worth but I'm committed now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter