Pot smokers at DLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLR still has way less of this behavior than other amusement parks. We went to a local theme park (operated by Cedar Fair) over the summer, and the differences were almost shocking.

Regularly encountered teenagers who wore next to no clothes, were smoking openly (cigarettes and joints) with security doing absolutely nada ... all kinds of what look liked gang related activity ... people throwing trash all over the place and the restrooms were a mess ... it wasn't even a super crowded day and it looked about 100 times worse than DLR on NYE. I couldn't wait to leave.

...yes, maybe it was medicinal but I doubt it since they were smoking on POTC. Medicinal or not though, I'd rather see stoners at DL than obnoxious drunk people.

Yep, even legal medical marijuana users can't just light up anywhere. And if they need a dose while they are out in public, they can purchase edible products at the dispensary -- they don't have to light up and expose other people to the smoke. The edibles are quite expensive, but would be a better option for someone who needs medicine but will be at the park all day.

And I do agree -- stoners are mellow, happy, and in my experience harmless, unlike some drunks who are violent, rude, and sometimes throw up in inappropriate places! :scared1:

besides dreams, that is lp, i have one different screen name over there and its lovedca, not that i post there anymore.i like it better here.......

geez why can't people just leave me alone!!

What the heck did I miss? I'm so confused.

DLR still has way less of this behavior than other amusement parks. We went to a local theme park (operated by Cedar Fair) over the summer, and the differences were almost shocking.

Regularly encountered teenagers who wore next to no clothes, were smoking openly (cigarettes and joints) with security doing absolutely nada ... all kinds of what look liked gang related activity ... people throwing trash all over the place and the restrooms were a mess ... it wasn't even a super crowded day and it looked about 100 times worse than DLR on NYE. I couldn't wait to leave.

I remember having to get patted down by security before entering Knott's for their Halloween Haunt. Definitely a way different atmosphere than at Disneyland.

I remember having to get patted down by security before entering Knott's for their Halloween Haunt. Definitely a way different atmosphere than at Disneyland.
The park I visited has metal detector wands that they pass over your whole body. Kinda like airport security! Puts the DLR bag check to shame ;) I assume they have their reasons :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter