Pot smokers at DLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since getting back to Florida i've been trying to explain to my WDW AP friends the sorts of people who "hang out" at DLR and how there's a whole bunch of them who are less then enjoyable to be around I feel Disney needs to tighten up security, rules, prices - anything - to have them thrown out of the park and denied access for forever and a day.

Those folks were almost always SoCal AP holders.

And thus in the argument I present exhibit A:

People blatantly smoking pot on Pirates of the Caribbean.

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/142189-smoking-pot-potc-garbage.html

Yes, it's a link to another forum but we're not discussing the forum or the posters, but rather the behavior observed and subsequent defense/condoning offered by some of those who frequent the parks.

Anywho.. on the topic, I think Disneyland really needs to crack down on this sort of behavior in the park. I've seen it, other people have seen it, and it just seems to be ignored by CM's. I think getting rid of the cheap AP's who do a lot to weed some of these folks out too.

I just can't believe what is considered acceptable by some folks on the west coast at a Disney park.

Can you please just go over to Micechat??? You'd fit it perfectly over there...:thumbsup2 Here? Not so much. Thank you. popcorn::

I think the OP just wants to ruffle people's feathers or likes to 'stir the pot' as they say. I wouldn't take him seriously, but at the same time, he sounds a little whiny and childish to me. I mean, to make such a bold statement about SoCal pass holders, is really illogical and does not stem from concrete evidence, just his 'perceived experiences'.:snooty:

Ok, here we go again..

You are not Disneyland, Disneyland is not you.

Hence, if Soylent Green is People and Disneyland is not Soylent Green, then Disneyland is not People.

I think a good number of people who goto Disneyland, particularly the SoCal APs, ruin the park experience for others. I even mentioned washing them out like grime to pretty the place up. That's no insult to Disneyland.

What a bizarre example to use, Soylent Green?!?! No one said Disneyland is people. (And btw, there is a fallacy in your logic. Just because SG is People and DL is not SG, it does not follow that DL is not People unless there is a stipulation of category exclusivity.) Hence, your example fails.

Btw, I think a small number of people who post on message boards, particularly to just spread negativity, ruin the message board experience for others.

... And I only go back because it's free....
Hmmm... So, no airfare cost, no hotel cost, no increase in food expenses at all for a trip to Disneyland? Impressive.

And for the record - it's not your park. That mentality is the bane of the problem.
And for the record, I quote, "Disneyland is your land."

I believe that makes you technically incorrect on the matter. :wizard:

- Dreams (who really shouldn't play with trolls, but just can't stop herself)

My 18 year old daughter told me to take a closer look at what she was smoking, and when I did take a good look & a good whiff I realised she was smoking a joint.
I was astounded- it was 3.00pm in broad daylight in front of about 15 people.

Could it have been 'medical'? :confused3
Article on the news a few years ago,showed some guy in San Fran who had a script. This guy claimed to smoke 27 joints a day and these weren't pinners mind you,these things were blunts,the size of my little finger. :scared1:
Heck,I don't smoke 27 cigs a day.

Seems like OP really is just trying to stir up trouble (OP, I am a SoCal native, born and raised there, was a SoCal AP holder for 2 years, and have in fact never smoked pot, btw - you have no idea if the people who were smoking while you were there were from SoCal. Duh.), and is just one of those people who generalizes and thinks they know everything.

THAT being said, I have to confess that I actually did smell pot inside DCA while we were there in July. I noticed a lot of negative differences compared to our many previous visits to the parks over the years (it had been 2 years since we'd been there). I have to admit that smelling pot inside the parks is one of the things on my list of things that are keeping me from wanting to go back anytime soon. The parks are getting far too Magic Mountain-ish for me.

Could it have been 'medical'? :confused3
Article on the news a few years ago,showed some guy in San Fran who had a script. This guy claimed to smoke 27 joints a day and these weren't pinners mind you,these things were blunts,the size of my little finger. :scared1:
Heck,I don't smoke 27 cigs a day.

Being from Australia I am not familiar with medical marijuana so I dont know. Hopefully it was!!!

My family & I just got back from 5 days at Disneyland. On our last day we were waiting for the ART to take us back to our hotel. There was a woman standing quite a distance from the bus stop smoking, yelling to her kids who were sitting at the bus stop. If she hadnt been making such a racket we would never would have noticed her.
My 18 year old daughter told me to take a closer look at what she was smoking, and when I did take a good look & a good whiff I realised she was smoking a joint.
I was astounded- it was 3.00pm in broad daylight in front of about 15 people.

Are you sure it was pot? Did you smell it? Perhaps she rolls her own cigarattes? Not unheard of. My grandpa used to roll his own and us kids would laugh and give him a hard time about what he was smoking.

I may have missed the answer to my question as I was totally floored by this thread. But if it bothered you so much and you were so close why not say something. I can tell you for a fact my husband nor I would have sat quietly on the ride with my four young daughters one of who is asthmatic there with us. Most of the time when people are called out on there bad behavior they will begrudgingly stop and if not you can always make a scene when you get up to the que. ...... Perhaps the point of the thread should have been that there was weed being smoked on the ride. Not the assumption that it was Socal pass holders..just a thought.

I think the point is that the OP didn't witness the "smoking" at all! Just brought a post over from another board so the OP could point out what a dump DL is and how awful all the CA AP holders are.

I agree with the sentiment: if you don't like it, don't visit. ;)

troll.jpg

I don't have a problem in general with people smoking wacky tobbacki, so long as they are not trying to sell it to unsuspecting people with families. I also feel that if there are indeed people lighting up in DL then the CM's should keep their noses high in the air, and try to smell out those smelly people. It's not a place to light up, especially in a special place where families go to escape life and enjoy the magic of DL, at least for a short time. I also think that the OP is a bit of a Sh*t disburber, and enjoys stiring things up on the board. If they dislike DL that much then hand in their AP and let the rest of us enjoy the parks.

As part of your so called "SoCal Masses", I would like to speak on our behalf. If you have issues with "our" park, then by all means; DON'T COME BACK!

Honestly it's not like Disneyland needs more people....

As far as stereotyping goes--well where there's smoke there's fire, :-)lmao:) and honestly it's whey I don't have any desire to spend time in Disneyworld.
If you spend more than a few minutes on the very judgemental goody 2 shoes world board--it squashes all desire. I love Californians and being around them.

yeah, they have a huge problem with locals in Hong Kong pooping in the parks, its pretty crazy.

I've heard similar from some Thai friends -- say people just drop trou and go right on the sidewalks in China. I had no idea they'd also do it in Disney parks!

Oh my! I have never heard this. That's crazy!

What a bizarre example to use, Soylent Green?!?! No one said Disneyland is people. (And btw, there is a fallacy in your logic. Just because SG is People and DL is not SG, it does not follow that DL is not People unless there is a stipulation of category exclusivity.) Hence, your example fails.

Btw, I think a small number of people who post on message boards, particularly to just spread negativity, ruin the message board experience for others.

Hmmm... So, no airfare cost, no hotel cost, no increase in food expenses at all for a trip to Disneyland? Impressive.

And for the record, I quote, "Disneyland is your land."

I believe that makes you technically incorrect on the matter. :wizard:

- Dreams (who really shouldn't play with trolls, but just can't stop herself)

The part I put in bold - ditto! :rotfl2:

Since getting back to Florida i've been trying to explain to my WDW AP friends the sorts of people who "hang out" at DLR and how there's a whole bunch of them who are less then enjoyable to be around I feel Disney needs to tighten up security, rules, prices - anything - to have them thrown out of the park and denied access for forever and a day.

Those folks were almost always SoCal AP holders.

And thus in the argument I present exhibit A:

People blatantly smoking pot on Pirates of the Caribbean.

Yes, it's a link to another forum but we're not discussing the forum or the posters, but rather the behavior observed and subsequent defense/condoning offered by some of those who frequent the parks.

Anywho.. on the topic, I think Disneyland really needs to crack down on this sort of behavior in the park. I've seen it, other people have seen it, and it just seems to be ignored by CM's. I think getting rid of the cheap AP's who do a lot to weed some of these folks out too.

I just can't believe what is considered acceptable by some folks on the west coast at a Disney park.

Wow .. I don't usually answer posts like this, because I don't know first hand what you experienced. But .. wait ... this isn't your first hand experience. It's what someone else posted on another board. While I agree that behavior such as is mentioned should be handled firmly and swiftly by Disney security, I think it's quike a reach to say that folks on the west coast find this behavior acceptable.

What was your specific experience? Did you immediately go to Disney security or even a cast member to report an incident with the result of hopefully then have it stopped? I can understand your outrage if you reported something and nothing was done, or security looked the other way, but I really doubt that would happen.

It's like.. the park would just be so much better if they'd let me take a power washer to those unwashed SoCal masses and one of those big push-broom-squeegees and sweep them away until they were out into the esplanade.. and maybe over in DCA with the rest of the crap.

:scared1: YIKES :scared1: You personally?? How would you differentiate the good tourists from the day tourists from the So.Cal AP holders from just So. Cal residents? Or would it just be anyone who got in your way, or seemed a little seedy?

I like how it's "alleged" - seriously people post online about doing it in the park. It's not some urban legend.

And I only go back because it's free - I lived in SoCal for 11 months with a Premium AP (now Premier - ha!). Ya'll have no idea how pleasant DLR is when SoCal AP's are blocked out.

How can I say it's because of SoCal AP's? Because I lived 10mins away when I was there and had a Premium pass. I went on subsequent days and saw just how much nicer it was without SoCal AP's and their bad behavior.

Point blank, a significant portion of that AP population treats the park like it's some personal play thing. They have no respect for anything or anyone else in it. If you want to pretend that's not true, be my guest, but it is and it's been noted by many people, not just myself.

Really, I am curious, what 'bad behavior' is so prevelant at the parks, that happens only when the So.Cal AP's are on site? No other guests ever indulge in that same 'bad behavior'? At least AP holders know their way around the parks, and are generally some of the most helpful people I've seen when it comes to helping other guests get around and get the most out of their day. What is it that some guests do that is such bad behavior?

Ok, here we go again..

You are not Disneyland, Disneyland is not you.

Hence, if Soylent Green is People and Disneyland is not Soylent Green, then Disneyland is not People.

I think a good number of people who goto Disneyland, particularly the SoCal APs, ruin the park experience for others. I even mentioned washing them out like grime to pretty the place up. That's no insult to Disneyland.

:scared1: Seriously, I was hoping you were kidding with this one, but apparently, you really mean it. Yikes again! :scared1: Dare I say that comments like this might be considered 'bad behavior' on a board that caters to people who frequent, love and have AP's for Disneyland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter