Positive thoughts please-ups and downs p.42

Turns out I WILL have some packing fairies. As soon as my daughter (Grace) heard the news that we now have to move she got on the phone and got about 10 girls who are willing to come and help with the packing. It will be so, so helpful and I’m so proud of her for doing that.

I don’t know what I’d do if she was still in B.C. Last time was hard enough, this time might have broken me.

I had perfect timing today and got to the hospital just as the rehab doctors were making their rounds. Turns out, the average stay after a surgery like Richards (sorry, I still have a hard time saying those words), is only 42 days! Here I was thinking he’d be in til the spring again. He will be doing a lot of physio on an outpatient basis this time. Also, Richard is a very slow healer. I don’t think he’ll be as quick to recover as they think, but if he does heal quickly, then YAY.

So, he’ll be in the hospital for Christmas again, darn it, but he’s in way better shape than he was last year. Plus, my Gracie girl will be home too.

How wonderful that you will have help packing AND that you have your precious daughter nearby. Hopefully the doctors' prediction will come true and Richard will spend less time in the hospital this time around.

Praying for you and for Richard, Kimblebee, that the surgery goes smoothly and recovery is as quick as possible, so glad your daughter is near, that is wonderful

Richard has his surgery yesterday morning. Everything went well and he spent the day sleeping and recuperating. I’m going up to see him right away. I know it will be a new adjustment when I actually see the new him.

He had a rough night last night dealing with phantom pain. That will fade over time, but he’s struggling with it now. He has a pain patch and can self administer morphine when he needs it.

I am glad to hear that the surgery went well. There will be some big adjustments for all of you after this. But in time, his quality of life will be a lot better than it has been. It's a lot for you all to deal with, and I will keep sending you good thoughts and prayers that his recovery goes smoothly, and that the move will be the best thing for all of you. God Bless

Echoing others above me, Kim. So grateful indeed step one is done and praise God went well. You both are in my prayers as well. God Bless You.

keeping your family in my prayers. It must be such a relief to have this first phase done. Hang in there.

So glad everything went well. He will feel so much better as he heals.
Adjustment for sure, but better than what he's (and you) have been dealing with :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter