Positive thoughts please-ups and downs p.42

I’m very sorry to hear this latest update, but I hope it will ultimately all work out well for your husband, and he will have a greater overall quality of life after the procedure and recovery. I offer my best wishes and will pray for strength for you and your family.

I’m very sorry to hear this latest update, but I hope it will ultimately all work out well for your husband, and he will have a greater overall quality of life after the procedure and recovery. I offer my best wishes and will pray for strength for you and your family.

You put into words what I couldn’t figure out to say. Yes, he will have a better quality of life, and that’s the most important thing. It’s been horrifying to see him try and move around the past few weeks. It got to the point where he couldn’t even take a step without having to stop and suppress a scream because of the pain.

Hugs to you and Richard, I’ll keep him in my prayers. Stay strong, I’m sure you will find the perfect place for both of you.

So sorry to hear of your update, Kim. Sending prayers and good thoughts for Richard surgery & recovery. Sending you some extra good thoughts as you navigate through the move and Richards recovery. It’s certainly not the same thing but when I was waiting to have my hip replaced (had to wait 3 weeks), the pain was so severe as I had a collapsed hip, I wanted the surgery NOW. I wasn’t even really nervous as the pain was that bad, I knew I needed the surgery. My point is, Richard is in excruciating pain and waiting is so hard. ((((HUGS))))

So sorry to hear of your update, Kim. Sending prayers and good thoughts for Richard surgery & recovery. Sending you some extra good thoughts as you navigate through the move and Richards recovery. It’s certainly not the same thing but when I was waiting to have my hip replaced (had to wait 3 weeks), the pain was so severe as I had a collapsed hip, I wanted the surgery NOW. I wasn’t even really nervous as the pain was that bad, I knew I needed the surgery. My point is, Richard is in excruciating pain and waiting is so hard. ((((HUGS))))

Luckily, since he’s in a bed now, he’s in very little pain. It only happens when he accidentally moves his foot the wrong way when repositioning.

Hoping Richard has his surgery soon so he can start the recovery process. It will be a long road for you both, but as previous posters have said, this will take his pain away and hopefully lead to a better quality of life.
Sending prayers and good vibes that you find a place to live and the move goes as smooth as it can. Remember to take care of yourself during all of this.

Aw, Kim. I'm so sorry to read this. Best of luck to Richard with his surgery and recovery. Take care of yourself, too, and know that your Dis friends are here when you need a shoulder to lean on.

Sending my best wishes to you and Richard throughout this process. I hope they are able to fit him in the surgery rotation soon. Hopefully you will find a new place that is perfect for both of you very soon. I wish I could send some moving and packing fairies your way. Take care of yourself through all of this. :hug:

Sending my best wishes to you and Richard throughout this process. I hope they are able to fit him in the surgery rotation soon. Hopefully you will find a new place that is perfect for both of you very soon. I wish I could send some moving and packing fairies your way. Take care of yourself through all of this. :hug:

Turns out I WILL have some packing fairies. As soon as my daughter (Grace) heard the news that we now have to move she got on the phone and got about 10 girls who are willing to come and help with the packing. It will be so, so helpful and I’m so proud of her for doing that.

I don’t know what I’d do if she was still in B.C. Last time was hard enough, this time might have broken me.

I had perfect timing today and got to the hospital just as the rehab doctors were making their rounds. Turns out, the average stay after a surgery like Richards (sorry, I still have a hard time saying those words), is only 42 days! Here I was thinking he’d be in til the spring again. He will be doing a lot of physio on an outpatient basis this time. Also, Richard is a very slow healer. I don’t think he’ll be as quick to recover as they think, but if he does heal quickly, then YAY.

So, he’ll be in the hospital for Christmas again, darn it, but he’s in way better shape than he was last year. Plus, my Gracie girl will be home too.

I'm so sorry. Here's to an uneventful recovery and a happy and settled new normal. :grouphug:

So sorry to hear this.

I would like to stress how important it is that you are at peace with moving to a new home. My uncle lost first one leg and then the other to diabetic complications and he refused to leave his second floor apartment, where he had lived his entire life and continued to live alone for a few years after. That you are open-minded and open-hearted to a relocation, while stressful now, will ultimately improve recovery and quality of life, I'm almost certain!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter