Popping THE question (UPDATED with Ring pic !) ( and now Trip Report Link )

You could go to the DLH, run to the top of the stairs - whilst leaving her at the bottom - and shout it out?

Or, get her an autograph book and plant the message on one of the pages?

Orrrr, go to the Prince / Princess meet and greet - you know, the one where the castle is in the background. As you get to your turn, stick her on the seat and get down on one knee with the Prince and Princess either side. Ahhh....!

Sorry, I'll get me coat.

Im not sure if she would be more excited about the wedding proposal or being that close to a prince and princess though! She would go bright red i reckon!

The autograph book is something a little different though

That sounds a nice idea, all my friends at work keep saying go to Paris but i think that it's done to often like that imho.

We spent a lot of time by the lake the first time we went so that has been a thought, champers after sounds good to, i like the balloon so maybe after we've had our moment we can go up in it to celebrate.

That sounds like the winner at the moment, incoporating it all together, although the ToT has that bit os spice with it lol
Will you marry me?:scared1: Yesssssssssssssss:scared1:

I personally find the whole 'Paris is the City of Romance' thing a load a tosh, but I hate Paris itself, so you can draw your own conclusion! ;)

I think the lake and balloon sounds really romantic... :lovestruc

I think TOT would be pretty awesome though..... ;)

Bob xoxoxoxoxox

I personally find the whole 'Paris is the City of Romance' thing a load a tosh, but I hate Paris itself, so you can draw your own conclusion! ;)

Oh Bob how can you say that :goodvibes I have never visited any cities outside of Europe. But have never found any city to more capture the essence of love than in Paris. It is daring, energetic, sublime, cultural, sensitive, full of mystery and passion. Walk along the banks of the Seine. Stand underneath the Tour Eiffel as the sun comes up and the lights are switch off. Come out of the Lido and buy a single rose and give to your loved one. Sit in cafe all night until the morning dusk and it is time to buy a fresh croissant.... I could go on and on :love:

Oh Bob how can you say that :goodvibes I have never visited any cities outside of Europe. But have never found any city to more capture the essence of love than in Paris. It is daring, energetic, sublime, cultural, sensitive, full of mystery and passion. Walk along the banks of the Seine. Stand underneath the Tour Eiffel as the sun comes up and the lights are switch off. Come out of the Lido and buy a single rose and give to your loved one. Sit in cafe all night until the morning dusk and it is time to buy a fresh croissant.... I could go on and on :love:

Reid...will you take me to Paris!!!

I just don't see it that way.... I've been a few times, and the only noteable one was when I bought a squirrel made of pipecleaners under the effiel tower! Last time we went we spent most of the day being utterly bored! :confused3 Just us though, I know some people find it utterly romantic, but I can't see it myself!

Bob xoxoxoxoxoxx

Saw someone popping the question at WDW. It was in front of the castle, the bloke tipped the wink to one of the disney photographers and popped the question to the lady, who thought they were just posing for a photo. I should imagine the photos of her surprised face were brilliant, he took loads of them. Must have cost a fortune..... but that's marriage!!!!! Not many people get a photo of the actual moment..... so it might be worthwhile???

Wow you are all such a romantic bunch!!! I love the idea of the lake with the champagne then the balloon ride....ahhhh!! :lovestruc

You are on a surefire winner proposing in such a magical place anyway!!! :love:

Your trip report will be seriously popular!!! :goodvibes

Rose petals on the bed, Capn' you romantic you.

I know most of you think the castle is a bit cheesy and predictable. Personally, I think the walkway into the castle on that bridge with the semi circle stone seats is such a lovely place to sit, if it is a sunny day and quiet there is nowhere more romantic.

Walking down main street and seeing the castle is one of the best bits.

Sorry Reid, I'm with Bob on the subject of Paris - I just don't see romance.:confused3

I am not a very romantic. I would go to 'Stitch Live' and ask if Stitch could propose on your behalf - now that would be memorable.:rotfl: I bet the cast members would be only too glad to get involved.

If your partner is romantic, I would go for the Castle during EMH, perhaps near the waterfall - which is slightly more private than the route to fantasyland.

I love this thread its made me laugh out loud :laughing: again I would say go for something really personal - your favourite place, ride etc :goodvibes

The carriage area would be lovely as its usually empty in there so you would be able to enjoy a private moment? Our favourite place is big thunder mountain :rotfl: I would want to be proposed to at the explosion part in the tunnel - and say yes just as the fireworks go off at the top :rotfl:

Keep us up to date popcorn::

i love the stitch live idea. now that would be memorable.

i love the area where the cinderella carraige is as well. its so beautiful there.

We went to the top of the treehouse at about 9.30pm Saturday night, I can't even begin to explain the view out over Adventureland in the dark but it's beautiful, think of the lighting and ambience of Blue Lagoon but on a bigger scale and in the distance you can see the Castle and Space Mountain.:lovestruc
BTW I love the Stitch Live idea :thumbsup2

Yes I'm a fan of the stitch live idea too....bet they would be up for this if it was arranged in advance!
Not at all private though, so make sure your (hopefully!) wife-to-be wouldn't be too embarrassed.

wow so many ideas.

Being a true romantic though I quite like the Lake idea. We had lots of walks round that last time and liked that idea from the start but with Bob's suggestion of having a small bottle of champers on the bench after and then the added bonus of having our first trip on the balloon ride. It really would make it personal and romantic to us. As long as the right moment came along.

The ToT and the Stitch Live ideas really made me smile and would certainly be memerable as well though. She easily gets embaressed by things like this though, all loved up, so somewhere quite and personnel is what i'll go for.

Now I just have to find a ring! :scared1:

Get one from Argos, and tell her she is a credit crunch Fiance ;)

pmsl john!

glen - i do think that the lake idea sounds lovely!! depending on when ur going - i think that it wud be nice as the sun is just going down n the lights are coming on..... find a nice quiet bit, on bended knee and propose.... then a nice glass of champers, and night time balloon ride - that wud capture me instantly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then again, i do like the stitch live idea, or tot (except dh wudnt go on it lol) but u are talkin to the person who, had the first discussion on marriage with her dh on a rollercoaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the actual proposal was a bit more romatic (but then he isnt hugely romatic, but the occasions he is more than make up for it ;) )

i think also, dont plan too much, just have the idea, and go with the flow - too much detail and u will worry and it wont be the magical moment for u both!!!

cant wait to hear all about it!!!

I have to agree with Nikki that over-planning it could ruin the moment - it doesn't have to be 'perfect', so long as she says yes, it will be perfect.

So disappointed you didn't go with my idea of Stitch.;) Imagine what that little alien would have said to you - I think you might have been more embarrassed than your partner!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter