Popping THE question (UPDATED with Ring pic !) ( and now Trip Report Link )

ghockley1981

<font color=red>Wishes his work lift was ToT<br><f
If someone was planning to pop the question in May :rolleyes1

Where would you think the best place in DLP would be?

On the bridge in front of the castle :cloud9: when it's quiet at chucking out time or EMH maybe?

Over a romantic meal in Inventions looking out towards the castle?

On a particular ride or a walk somewhere?

All your :idea: and suggestions welcome

On the Tower of Terror, just as the doors open looking out on the park :lmao:

Seriously how about something like buying packets of Rose Petals before you go and then spelling out 'Marry Me?' on the bed in rose petals?

Or how about making some sort of banner before you go, going into the park for EMH and asking the lucky lady to stand take a photo of you on the Castle balcony and unveiling the banner when you get to the balcony?

I hope your 'friend' likes these ideas ;)

Well theoretically, if someone were to do something like that in May, first of all could it please be while I'm there so I can see!
Personally I don't think Inventions is romantic, California Grill or Blue Lagoon would be my choice although the food in BL can be hit and miss. But let's face it if someone is asking you to marry them anywhere is romantic!
In front of the castle would be lovely but again just personally I'd prefer it to be a bit more private. Hmm will have a think.

How about a meal in the BL and then the rest of the DIS members going in May go round on a boat holding a banner saying 'Marry Me'

*by the way I don't own or have any links to any banner making company despite the fact that most of my ideas involve them*

My DF asked me in the courtyard or Aubege in front of Cinderella's carridge. It was a perfect day, the sun was shining and it was my birthday and most of all we had the place to ourselves. :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

My DF asked me in the courtyard or Aubege in front of Cinderella's carridge. It was a perfect day, the sun was shining and it was my birthday and most of all we had the place to ourselves. :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Awww - now that sounds really romantic :lovestruc :lovestruc

How about a meal in the BL and then the rest of the DIS members going in May go round on a boat holding a banner saying 'Marry Me'

*by the way I don't own or have any links to any banner making company despite the fact that most of my ideas involve them*

:lmao: :lmao: Cap'n I'm not convinced at all that you don't have a banner-making business going on the side :rotfl:

HOW exciting!! I think on RnR just as the green light goes LOL

Yes that sounds lovely! Although they do serve lunch out there don't they so not guaranteed to get it to yourself at lunchtime.....:goodvibes

Personally I'd go for somewhere personal to the two of you.

If that's in front of the castle, then make it there. If that's california grill, then go there. If mcdonalds has a special meaning to you both, then do it there.

There's a lot of "romantic" places in DLRP, but proposing is such a special, personal thing that the best place is usually somewhere special for sentimental reasons rather than somewhere that just looks pretty :thumbsup2

HOW exciting!! I think on RnR just as the green light goes LOL

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Well, Robert had wanted to propose to me in DLRP, but he bottled it at the last moment every time.... :lmao: Hang on, I shall phone and ask where he would have popped the question!

*phones County Hall*

He says he hadn't thought that far ahead....!!! :lmao: He was looking for a 'moment' rather than a specific place apparantly....

Speaking for myself, I think a meal in the California Grill (With it's very good vegetarian selection Glenn, just so you know... ;) ) overlooking the castle would be an excellent place to propose....

Bob xoxoxoxoxoxox

wow there are some good ideas already, even by the banner salesman that is Cap'n.

She loves Cinderella's carridge in the courtyard, i forgot about that. That is definately one to consider.

With her love of Disney everywhere is special to her and she loves the castle but you peeps are right it would have to be personnel so I wouldn't want it to be busy.

We had some nice walks around the lake too so was considering that or maybe up in the ballon.

I want it to be romantic though, and i think anywhere where you can see the castle would be a bonus. Anything I plan now will most likely go to pot anyway as it's got a lot to do with the moment as well.

Personally I'd go for somewhere personal to the two of you.
There's a lot of "romantic" places in DLRP, but proposing is such a special, personal thing that the best place is usually somewhere special for sentimental reasons rather than somewhere that just looks pretty :thumbsup2

He says he hadn't thought that far ahead....!!! :lmao: He was looking for a 'moment' rather than a specific place apparantly....

I very much agree... You can have an idea of where you'd like to do it but then there might just be a moment where you think this is the perfect time to ask :goodvibes

I think proposing outside the castle isn't very orginal.....but thats my opinion.

I love the ToT idea, as its not obvious and completly random. Or you could you lighten the moment and propose on IASM :lmao:

wow there are some good ideas already, even by the banner salesman that is Cap'n.

She loves Cinderella's carridge in the courtyard, i forgot about that. That is definately one to consider.

With her love of Disney everywhere is special to her and she loves the castle but you peeps are right it would have to be personnel so I wouldn't want it to be busy.

We had some nice walks around the lake too so was considering that or maybe up in the ballon.

I want it to be romantic though, and i think anywhere where you can see the castle would be a bonus. Anything I plan now will most likely go to pot anyway as it's got a lot to do with the moment as well.

The balloon would be quite cool!

A- ha! By the lake! Now, romance by a body of water is my thing! Robert asked me to be his girlfriend next to a huge pond, and proposed next to a river, so I'm quite good with this! Maybe, just a thought, does she drink?? If she does, you could maybe take a little bottle of Champers, two glasses (Plastic if needs must!) and sit on one of the benches near the lake, pop the question, and then celebrate by sitting and drinking a glass of champagne together.....

Bob xoxoxoxxox

You could go to the DLH, run to the top of the stairs - whilst leaving her at the bottom - and shout it out?

Or, get her an autograph book and plant the message on one of the pages?

Orrrr, go to the Prince / Princess meet and greet - you know, the one where the castle is in the background. As you get to your turn, stick her on the seat and get down on one knee with the Prince and Princess either side. Ahhh....!

Sorry, I'll get me coat.

Orrrr, go to the Prince / Princess meet and greet - you know, the one where the castle is in the background. As you get to your turn, stick her on the seat and get down on one knee with the Prince and Princess either side. Ahhh....!

Oooh thats a good one :lovestruc - with an audience of hundreds too though ;)

A- ha! By the lake! Now, romance by a body of water is my thing! Robert asked me to be his girlfriend next to a huge pond, and proposed next to a river, so I'm quite good with this! Maybe, just a thought, does she drink?? If she does, you could maybe take a little bottle of Champers, two glasses (Plastic if needs must!) and sit on one of the benches near the lake, pop the question, and then celebrate by sitting and drinking a glass of champagne together.....

Bob xoxoxoxxox

OOoooo that sounds nice... :goodvibes

Does she have a fav ride or something that is a must for every trip? Like for me I love go on the teacups and BTM in the dark every trip if we get the chance.

I've been having a good think about this. We had our honeymoon in Disneyland Paris and were lucky enough to saty in the Disneylnad Hotel which was completely magical. Blue Lagoon is very romantic and although you are in a restaurant feels very personal. Maybe you could go to one of the photo opportunity places when they are no cahracters out like Woody's Roundup, they are practically empty and therefore it would be very private. I quite like the idea of when it starts to get dark and lights come around somewhere in Discoveryland which i have always felt is the best land to do in the dark. It really depends what kind of girl she is, some girls would love to be proposed to on a ride others prefer the more traditional romance. I would however say i don't think the hot air balloon is such a good idea, unless you are extremely lucky and are the only people on it. Otherwise you are in quite close confinement to about 15 strangers.

Ro

Bob xoxoxoxxox

That sounds a nice idea, all my friends at work keep saying go to Paris but i think that it's done to often like that imho.

We spent a lot of time by the lake the first time we went so that has been a thought, champers after sounds good to, i like the balloon so maybe after we've had our moment we can go up in it to celebrate.

That sounds like the winner at the moment, incoporating it all together, although the ToT has that bit os spice with it lol
Will you marry me?:scared1: Yesssssssssssssss:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter