• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop, pop, pop!!!!

Theresa, I thoroughly enjoyed your trip report. You made me laugh a few times :). I didn't realize the trip was going to be so short... I can't even imagine a trip with only 4 full days, but then I don't get to go very often. I look forward to hearing more on the podcast!

Oh lord, I called Max last night to make sure he had been feeding the fish ( Stella was worried) Max Said " we have a fish?" I pray Fred is till floating right side up when we get home tomorrow.

LOLOL This one cracked me up and reminded me of when we came home from vacation one time and there was water all over my kitchen table. Come to find out that one of my kids was watering the silk plant. My live plants didn't survive, btw.

I really enjoyed your trip report and hope the fish survived. :)

Nice work, Agent T.

Since everyone else here thought about it, I'm honestly surprised we all didn't think to ask one of us bloggers to paste these reports up onto the blog as they came in! Would have totally made up for my not submitting this late blog that I am still putting together :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Maybe we could piece them together in one blog article - did you take photos?

BTW - Max's line killed me, too. I always knew he had a subtle, yet dryly keen sense of humor. How could he not, growing up in your family and all. It's in the Echols genetics....

:laughing: If only I could just get a couple! I looked on ebay quickly and there are 10 series already, so that's 180 plus you would get a few doubles! I wish I'd spotted them earlier. I know if I start collecting I'll want them all, some are on $0.99 but others are more than the cost of the 3 pack. Never mind at least I can get some Pook*A*Looz :goodvibes

I think I'll stay away from the figures, and stick to pins! Also, I have a Pook A Looz!! I have Alice!

Also, loved the report Teresa!!! Makes me want to be at WDW more!!

Teresa,

I enjoyed your trip reports... sharing all your experiences... the good the bad and the so so.

Thank you,

Mark

Teresa - what a hilarious romp! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Thx a mint for taking the time during your vacation to write this :thumbsup2 :grouphug:

cheers,
:flower3:

Tuesday night is coming to a close and I have been struggling to get on the internet for 2 hours.

Grace took a nap and made an attempt to download Criminal minds on her laptop. She got all but the last 11 minutes before the internet crashed. When we tried tonight to find it on itunes it was gone along with her $2.99.

Somehow, you can contact iTunes and let them know that you were not able to download the episode. I think it is at the bottom of the page under support/downloading iTunes purchases/incomplete download. I had purchased a movie that started, but did not complete the download. I contacted them and it said that it was still in my account for download and told me what to do. I did get it successfully. Hope this helps and that Grace gets her show.

You have a wonderful writing style...it was just like you were telling the story to me over a cup of coffee! Thanks for sharing all the details!

I definitely think Pete and John and the rest of the gang should send you on a second assignment....

-Girls Only Trip with you, Kathy, and Julie?
-The Family takes on a Moderate (or Deluxe?)
-Camping at Fort Wilderness?
-How to Have a trip to WDW without going into the Parks - mini-golf, horseback rides, fishing, spas, pools, etc.?

I hope the post-WDW vacation blues end soon! Hoping your children enjoy the rest of their summer vacation a la Phineas and Ferb!

Take care!

Oh I forgot to tell you all about our shopping on Mainstreet and the neat things we found. Stella was looking for something to spend her $20 on when we came across Collector packs of Mini characters. In each little bag you get 3 Disney Characters or Theme Park icons. Each series contains 18 different pieces. I ended up getting 7 bags. ( mostly the Park series) We came back and opened up the bags like it was Christmas. We got Buzz and Woody, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Daisy. Sally and Jack from Nightmare before Christmas,@ cars from "Cars". Bugs life, Jessica Rabbit, Stitch, 2 different Mickey's, Dalmation, Dumbo, A mouse, Kermit the frog, a small world kid, and A little tower of terror. None are bigger than a quarter. Stella and I are already obsessed. At $5.95 a bag, it is an affordable collectible that takes up a small space.

I LOVE these as well. Miguel and I collected everyone so far. I would look a little odd standing in the store feeling up the bags to make sure I got the ones to finish the collection. There was a time at Once Upon A Toy that you could trade your doubles in for ones that you may need. When I was there last they didn't have any and weren't sure that they were still allowed to trade.

Anyway, there is a book that you can buy to hold the characters. I think they are at the $1 (??) at Downtown Disney. Again, this was a little bit ago so I'm not sure if they are still there.

Great trip report T. I know what you mean about having the total package. Living close does change that. Sounds like you had a great time.

Thanks so much for the wonderfully written report. I really enjoyed following your vacation. We love Pop. Although it is small and we are cramped, we still enjoy our family time together and have wonderful memories of our times there.

Time to plan another trip!

teresa-i think your pretty witty on the show but i have to say that your blogging is hilarious. your translate your thoughts well onto paper ..new career perhaps?? ;):rolleyes:

Ditto. I love the blog style....

BTW Teresa, just think when you blog, you don't have any of the rest of the "crew" buggin you about your soft voice :)

Oh yes, and thank you for reminding me why I never want to stay in a value resort. My wife literally packs 1-2 suitcases full of pillows.... that's right, pillows. We sleep in a KS bed and I still get to sleep in that little sliver you described. So what's a man to do when he is sleeping with a DW and 14 pillows on a FS bed? He finds a comfy spot on the floor I guess :rolleyes:

Oh yes, and thank you for reminding me why I never want to stay in a value resort. My wife literally packs 1-2 suitcases full of pillows.... that's right, pillows. We sleep in a KS bed and I still get to sleep in that little sliver you described. So what's a man to do when he is sleeping with a DW and 14 pillows on a FS bed? He finds a comfy spot on the floor I guess :rolleyes:

We are planning a WDW escape in November. My father in his 70's and loves disney wants to go and told my sister he wanted to stay at Pop. She said no way with 3 maybe four people we would be staying at a Moderate.

Pop is very tight for 4 people.

I loved the report. I have to say the construction noise is so loud! I understand! In April we checked into Pop got put in 90's section. We walked in the room and it was literally shaking and we heard drills and saws the whole 9 yards. We called the front desk and asked to be moved, they said to come back and talk to them. We went back to main building and had to talk to 3 different people before they let us move and it took an hour. The manager said to us "some people dont mind the construction" I said I understand that but I do, as we will be in our room during the day, and wanted to lay down right then. They made it seem like we were being pains.

have really enjoyed your report Teresa! And love those party packs you found- those are great. I will be buying some for my DS when we go in December! Do they sell them at disneyland too- i am heading out there in like 3 weeks and would love to find some there too.

Thanks again for sharing- it was a lot of fun! And like you said, sounds like a fabulous time experiencing the full package of staying on site!

They definitely sell them in Dl. I was looking at them while I was there 3 weeks ago. I found them in Star Traders by Space Mountain/Captain EO. I am sure that they hae them in other stores as well, like the Emporium in Magic Kingdom.

Teresa- thoroughly enjoyed reading your trip report. As many have already said, you have a knack for writing and should think about pursuing it. can't wait to hear the podcast this week.

On to the meet. What fun that was!!! It was great meeting everyone! Susanwashere, cheshire figment, kitikat, Irishdadx4 and their kids, Mindy5767 and Michele and Jessica White. Kathy and Katie Werling also came.

Hey Teresa,

Just got back Monday morning from the overnight drive. Still not back to normal at the McGuire household yet. Kat and I had such a great time at the DISmeet, meeting you and Kathy, and all the DIS'ers that came out.

I could talk about Irishdad here, but I wouldn't know where to begin......... And that's all I have to say about that. LOL!!! Just kidding Michael.. really.....no really.... YOu did give me the courage to call guest services to talk about the contruction.... and Yes we was moved to the 50's.

Mmmm...should I take that as flatterly :confused3?? Hope I didnt give a bad impression?? Glad you asked about moving, sorry the move didn't get you any better digs, other than no construction noise. :sad1:

Hope your trip was a good one, can't wait to hear the podcast.

So nice to meet you and everyone else. Thanks

Mike

I too think your trip report was wonderful...
I guess we are one of those weird families that don't mind being sardines in the value rooms. We have to get 2 rooms for the 6 of us, but this trip there were 7. As we say we are only in the rooms to shower and sleep. I also have issues with the beds but not like everyone else. Mike and I sleep fine in the beds but our youngest kicks and hits so I sleep with her. We are ones that get up at the butt crack of dawn to be at the parks. We slept in 1 morning til 8 and hated all the ppl and the line for the bus. (we drove that morning) And we love the buses from POP.
What can I say about my DH Mike...He's is special:love:...For this trip he knew what buildings had been renovated and told me to pick where we wanted. WE also checked in using the online check in and had planned on checking in early(6:30am) our first day and have them texted us when our rooms were ready. We were shocked when they told us they were ready then. We got a few thing to put in the rooms, filled our mugs and headed to Magic Kingdom by 7:15.
I do have to say we slowed this trip down because we took my almost 70yr mom with us and she did wonderful. But my kids didn't enjoy this slower pace. Now the Dinning Plan works for us. We put all our kids on as adults because our youngest likes other things besides pizza and chicken tenders. And I was really surprised that our kids really liked Boma and my mom didn't.
We always do buffets and that works well because everyone can eat as much as they want. Plus our kids get to each pick a restaurant that they want to eat at.
I also wanted to give advice on the left over snack and counter service credits. We always save up as many as we can for our last day to use at Downtown Disney. We always get everyone a take out meal from Wolfgang Pucks to eat on the drive. Plus use our snack credits at Gooofy's Candy Company. We had over 40 credits and the lady that helped us was wonderful. Everyone ordered what they wanted and she bagged it up separately.
I do have to say Mike and I really enjoyed meeting everyone. Even after everyone left we talked to Teresa for another 30 mins. We could have stayed there all night, but T already thinks we are ummm different kind of people..to say the least...lol
Oh and the good advice for Disney Withdrawls is to plan another trip...we have 2 in the planning....Dec for the PCC 2.0 and next Aug for free dinning again. But sadly it will only be 3 of my 4 kids as our son will be in boot camp. it may be only 2 if we can get our oldest DD to apply for the college program.

Can't wait to be back at Disney!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter