Pop Century Room Renovations

Not really because it is traveling sound. The sound coming out the bathroom directly hits the connecting door. And even if not, we heard the shower noise coming from both sides of us, above us and one that even seem up and over. The new design means noise and it is bouncing around.

We have had connecting doors and no connecting doors with our refurbished rooms and they all were noisier than before. I did notice this trip with the connecting door the voices seemed even louder ... before the voices were heard or muted ... this time we could understand the conversation had be been listening to them.
If we get a connecting room I will probably ask to be moved. I would sacrifice the 70's section if I have to lol

We had a connecting room last month to our son, his wife and their 6 yr old. We never opened the door and we never heard any noise from them! I even mentioned that more than once to DH because I'd read here about the noise issue. We were in building 7 in the 80's top floor.

If we get a connecting room I will probably ask to be moved. I would sacrifice the 70's section if I have to lol

Based on what we experienced, I'd say that's a wise decision. It was crazy that we even heard noise from the guests on the opposite side of the building that adjoined to our room- the poor guy had a terrible cold and we could hear his sniffles, coughs, and blowing his nose. In all our stays there we've never experienced noise like this- it was just insane and made our stay really stressful :(. But, we still love Pop and will give it another try :)

Based on what we experienced, I'd say that's a wise decision. It was crazy that we even heard noise from the guests on the opposite side of the building that adjoined to our room- the poor guy had a terrible cold and we could hear his sniffles, coughs, and blowing his nose. In all our stays there we've never experienced noise like this- it was just insane and made our stay really stressful :(. But, we still love Pop and will give it another try :)
It takes me a long time to fall asleep because I’m sensitive to light and sound. I usually need complete darkness and some kind of fan noise to sleep. We’ll have to see how it goes. We’ve stayed at por, POFQ, and akl previously and akl was the only one I had trouble sleeping.

This is why we never travel without a white noise machine/app... we all sleep better if the noise is drowned out!

I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me if a laptop will fit in a safe in the newly refurbished rooms?

Looks like they might be packing up the crane by the bridge. Thank you for posting!
BlogMickey posted pictures of the first pole here if anyone is interested, but I can't figure out its location. I think it's about halfway between the entrance sign to Pop and the gate along Century Drive. Can you confirm?

I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me if a laptop will fit in a safe in the newly refurbished rooms?
I saw a YouTube video where a guy placed his laptop in the safe. I can't remember the demensions of the computer but it looked like it would accommodate most standard size laptops.

Looks like they might be packing up the crane by the bridge. Thank you for posting!
BlogMickey posted pictures of the first pole here if anyone is interested, but I can't figure out its location. I think it's about halfway between the entrance sign to Pop and the gate along Century Drive. Can you confirm?

This article shows the location.

This article shows the location.
Thanks for posting, I did find that article over the weekend.
The article is far from clear on this but the pictures show construction by the Reedy Creek Fire Station where Victory Way meets Buena Vista Dr so this is in fact for the CBR to Epcot line, not the Pop to CBR line.
They do indeed show pictures of the pole near Pop but don't give a clear indication of its location. I'm a technical person, so I like this stuff. Sorry!

Thanks for posting, I did find that article over the weekend.
The article is far from clear on this but the pictures show construction by the Reedy Creek Fire Station where Victory Way meets Buena Vista Dr so this is in fact for the CBR to Epcot line, not the Pop to CBR line.
They do indeed show pictures of the pole near Pop but don't give a clear indication of its location. I'm a technical person, so I like this stuff. Sorry!

I get it. My husband is an engineer. There is no such thing as *too many* details. :D Try this link (you might have to scroll up a bit on the page). There's a birds-eye view image that indicates the location.

Booked standard for last week of Feb. I requested ground floor and 70’s. From what I can gather, looks like a renovated room is possible. Was also told the walk from that section wasn’t bad either (if we get it)

I had the same request. I received 70's section, building 6, second floor room 6249. Very convenient location. Second floor didn't bother me as much as I though it would. I asked for ground and they tried but couldn't locate a room in this section.

Regarding noise, I woke up out of a deep sleep at 6am from the water flowing thru the pipes. I swear it sounded like the pipe was going to burst over the headboard. And I'm NOT a light sleeper.

I saw a YouTube video where a guy placed his laptop in the safe. I can't remember the demensions of the computer but it looked like it would accommodate most standard size laptops.
I saw one too I think he said he thought it was a 17 in one but it looks like it would fit most laptops.

Booked standard for last week of Feb. I requested ground floor and 70’s. From what I can gather, looks like a renovated room is possible. Was also told the walk from that section wasn’t bad either (if we get it)
Just a heads up that even though you request a section you are not guaranteed that section. I requested 70's near Classic Hall for our trip last week and was placed in the 80's section FAR away from my request. It was quite the hike!! The purple arrow shows where my requested room was (via TP) and the yellow arrow shows our actual room location.

Pop Room Location 7458 - Jan 2018.jpg

Yes, I have what would be considered a large (and heavy!) laptop by today's standards and it fit in the safe with about 3" to the side of it and 5" in front of it. The safes are a really good size. I didn't use them much in the past but we used them our entire stay this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter