Pop Century Room Renovations

Great, I hope I can get both a king bed and non-connecting room requests this time. Thank you!

I will say at POP, getting a King is hard enough since most are HA rooms, and there "have been" only 30 non-HA King rooms noted in the entire resort. 40% of the rooms are connecting so the odds are higher there that any guest will get one - I have had both over the years. I prefer non-connecting but even if I got one it didn't really impact ... until the renovation.

I wouldn't say "guaranteed". We had 2 nights at POFQ and I reserved a king room. Not only did we not get a king room, they gave us a HA room. It was pretty much "well this is all we have".

We have received a King at a moderate (and we were double the number of allowed guests so big fail there) that was fully HA. I know if you look at the POP floor plan, most the Kings are HA of some kind, so if at POP if you really want a King ... you may also get a HA room.

Could you answer this question about Pop Century? There seems to be some confusion and your post was referenced: https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-king-beds-and-connecting-rooms.3663315/#post-58798701

This is probably a tough one at this point, but scrappinginontario answered some of what I was going to say.

Half if the resort is refurbished and half is not. A new room layout document has not been produced. The information in post 2 is as accurate as we know based on what is currently available. If @dansdad says his family has stayed in a king room that is not connecting then I believe that’s accurate but we don’t have an actual post-refurb diagram to reference yet.

My two cents to add to above ..... The floor map we have posted is probably a decade old ... but has never been reported to be inaccurate (until now) that I am aware of. I also agree @dansdad is completely credible, I believe him. I am sure there have been needed individual room renos over the years that may have altered the reliability of the map. It's been re-posted so many times I'm not even sure of the actual source. You can find them for other resorts as well.

Once the renovation is done or even now, I honestly don't think we can use the map for identifying HA / King / Connecting. Why? Because they are also renovating some of the rooms interior and exterior. It appears they are bumping out some rooms to expand the number of HA rooms. Will some of these rooms also receive Kings? Probably since I saw one being bumped out, getting a King and having a connecting door. Maybe some more connecting rooms will be added since they seem to be a very popular guest request. Now is the time to do it. Will they add more Kings? I doubt that. Why? By adding Queens they have greatly improved the bedding, by adding a Murphy bed that can be left up they have greatly improved use of space AND bottom line they make more money with 4 guests than 2 guests, which is why we see some higher rates for King rooms. We will only be able to use the maps for room number locations unless a new credible layout map is created. Once they start the AllStars renovation, same thing. Map is out.

As I said, if you want a King, the odds are low so I would not drop it to very low by adding no connecting room if you really want a King. On the flip, if you put both you may get both but also be prepared to only get one. My fear (depending on your date) would be getting an old Full bed room, but no connecting. If having both is a deal breaker I would look at one of the resorts that King is a bookable category then make your only request non-connecting.

Sorry to not be more helpful, having a resort in major renovation changes so much about the resort. They will have a whole new group interested in staying there due to the new bedding which might impact what we get when we make special requests.

Last edited:
The floor map we have posted is probably a decade old ... but has never been reported to be inaccurate (until now) that I am aware of. I also agree @dansdad is completely credible, I believe him.
Oh, yeah. I would believe Canada's dansdad before any of my siblings!

Last edited:
I will say at POP, getting a King is hard enough since most are HA rooms, and there "have been" only 30 non-HA King rooms noted in the entire resort. 40% of the rooms are connecting so the odds are higher there that any guest will get one - I have had both over the years. I prefer non-connecting but even if I got one it didn't really impact ... until the renovation.

We have received a King at a moderate (and we were double the number of allowed guests so big fail there) that was fully HA. I know if you look at the POP floor plan, most the Kings are HA of some kind, so if at POP if you really want a King ... you may also get a HA room.

This is probably a tough one at this point, but scrappinginontario answered some of what I was going to say.

My two cents to add to above ..... The floor map we have posted is probably a decade old ... but has never been reported to be inaccurate (until now) that I am aware of. I also agree @dansdad is completely credible, I believe him. I am sure there have been needed individual room renos over the years that may have altered the reliability of the map. It's been re-posted so many times I'm not even sure of the actual source. You can find them for other resorts as well.

Once the renovation is done or even now, I honestly don't think we can use the map for identifying HA / King / Connecting. Why? Because they are also renovating some of the rooms interior and exterior. It appears they are bumping out some rooms to expand the number of HA rooms. Will some of these rooms also receive Kings? Probably since I saw one being bumped out, getting a King and having a connecting door. Maybe some more connecting rooms will be added since they seem to be a very popular guest request. Now is the time to do it. Will they add more Kings? I doubt that. Why? By adding Queens they have greatly improved the bedding, by adding a Murphy bed that can be left up they have greatly improved use of space AND bottom line they make more money with 4 guests than 2 guests, which is why we see some higher rates for King rooms. We will only be able to use the maps for room number locations unless a new credible layout map is created. Once they start the AllStars renovation, same thing. Map is out.

As I said, if you want a King, the odds are low so I would not drop it to very low by adding no connecting room if you really want a King. On the flip, if you put both you may get both but also be prepared to only get one. My fear (depending on your date) would be getting an old Full bed room, but no connecting. If having both is a deal breaker I would look at one of the resorts that King is a bookable category then make your only request non-connecting.

Sorry to not be more helpful, having a resort in major renovation changes so much about the resort. They will have a whole new group interested in staying there due to the new bedding which might impact what we get when we make special requests.

You were very helpful, thank you! I will have to keep you updated when I arrive in late July if I was able to snag both. I'm hoping for at least a king bed like I was able to get on my last trip. The non-connecting room would be a nice added bonus. :)

You were very helpful, thank you! I will have to keep you updated when I arrive in late July if I was able to snag both. I'm hoping for at least a king bed like I was able to get on my last trip. The non-connecting room would be a nice added bonus. :)

And share the room number so we can see if it varies from the map. ENJOY! :mickeybar

We are here. We have a refurbished room. It’s the nicest hotel I’ve ever stayed in, in my opinion. But we do have a modern / minimalist taste. The Mickey and Pluto headboards are the perfect Disney touch. It will be our new go-to until they renovate All Star Movies (in a similar fashion I hope)!

Update after our sleep. Very loud. We were 70s section, ground floor. Lots of cheerleader groups here right now though. So noisy.

Unfortunately we could hear other people talking in their rooms. :(

we are thinking about a stay at POP (mostly due to the renovations) after many years of being offsite. Do you think it would have been more quiet if you had the top floor. It's difficult when you are awake all night due to noise. Are you in building 6 or 10?

we are thinking about a stay at POP (mostly due to the renovations) after many years of being offsite. Do you think it would have been more quiet if you had the top floor. It's difficult when you are awake all night due to noise. Are you in building 6 or 10?
It might just depend on who is in the rooms next to you and if there are large groups visiting at the same time as you. I would imagine the top floor would be quieter but if you have a loud neighbor next door that won’t change anything whether you’re on the top or bottom.

It might just depend on who is in the rooms next to you and if there are large groups visiting at the same time as you. I would imagine the top floor would be quieter but if you have a loud neighbor next door that won’t change anything whether you’re on the top or bottom.
Agree with this completely. I don’t think you could guarantee a quiet stay. I can’t believe how inconsiderate people can be at hotels (surprises me every time). Was noisy at almost 2am when we finally had settled in after reading before bed (yep we had a long travel day and only ate dinner at midnight so we had to wind down) :(

Noise started up again around 6am.

I did not experience this at Art Of Animation but our room was in Little Mermaid Section and very far from the main hall. Maybe that’s better!

Update after our sleep. Very loud. We were 70s section, ground floor. Lots of cheerleader groups here right now though. So noisy.

This is my biggest concern. This will by our 4th trip to DW. We've stayed at POFQ twice and WL once. For the most part, when we settled down in our rooms after a day in the parks, our rooms were quiet. I have a 10 night stay preferred room booked at POP for June. I know it really does depend on your neighbors. I'm an extremely light sleeper, but I can use earplugs if need be. I don't want to be too picky when I call in my requests, but at this point I'm leaning toward asking for 60/70's, upper floor and a non-connecting room. Is that too much to ask for? Don't want to be "flagged" as a needy, whiny guest....

This is my biggest concern. This will by our 4th trip to DW. We've stayed at POFQ twice and WL once. For the most part, when we settled down in our rooms after a day in the parks, our rooms were quiet. I have a 10 night stay preferred room booked at POP for June. I know it really does depend on your neighbors. I'm an extremely light sleeper, but I can use earplugs if need be. I don't want to be too picky when I call in my requests, but at this point I'm leaning toward asking for 60/70's, upper floor and a non-connecting room. Is that too much to ask for? Don't want to be "flagged" as a needy, whiny guest....

Certainly doesn't hurt to request those 3 things, although obviously it would be harder to accommodate you if you put in several requests. Bring your ear plugs just in case. And you would only be flagged as a needy whiny guest if you whined and complained if your room requests weren't met! Just requests, after all, not guarantees.

I'm a light sleeper and can't stand earplugs, every hotel I go to I take a Dohm sound machine with me. When I was in grad school to become a counselor it's the sound machines we used to put outside our office doors for privacy, and they work well for sleeping too! I've taken it on several trips with different friends and family members and everyone likes it to deaden outside noises at night. You just put it on a table (in the room of course) and plug it in, it's adjustable so you can change the level of noise.

I also request the upper floor as well, and somewhere away from the pools.

I'm sure if it were hotel guests under "normal" circumstances then it would be more quiet. I was under the impression that most sports teams/school groups stayed at the All Star resorts. This worries me about my upcoming trip to Pop Century.

Last edited:
I'm sure if it were hotel guests under "normal" circumstances then it would be more quiet. I was under the impression that most sports teams/school groups stayed at the All Star resorts. This worries me about my upcoming trip to POP.
Last year we stayed at por during a dance competition. There were definitely teams staying at por because we saw stickers and posters in the windows, but we never saw them at the resort or heard them. The only time we saw them was at mk and trying to get in a bus back to por. I would’ve never thought they would stay moderate but it all depends on what their team can afford.

I'm a light sleeper and can't stand earplugs, every hotel I go to I take a Dohm sound machine with me. When I was in grad school to become a counselor it's the sound machines we used to put outside our office doors for privacy, and they work well for sleeping too! I've taken it on several trips with different friends and family members and everyone likes it to deaden outside noises at night. You just put it on a table (in the room of course) and plug it in, it's adjustable so you can change the level of noise.

I also request the upper floor as well, and somewhere away from the pools.
The nice thing is that you can now get sound machine apps for phones that saves carrying an extra piece of equipment.

The nice thing is that you can now get sound machine apps for phones that saves carrying an extra piece of equipment.

That can work for many people, I find that I don't like the white noise up by my head... but I like my phone up by my head, so I still take my dohm with me so I can put it anywhere in the room where it seems to mask the noise better, I also like the specific adjustments on the machine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter