Pop Century Room Renovations

Do you think they will be done with the reno rooms by late April. I am hoping for one of the new rooms but would like the 60 and I know they are just now doing those rooms I guess I could change my request closer to the date/

Do you think they will be done with the reno rooms by late April. I am hoping for one of the new rooms but would like the 60 and I know they are just now doing those rooms I guess I could change my request closer to the date/
Some 60's rooms will be done by late April and others will be closed.

Post 2, page 1 has all the updated refurbishment information as well as historical information for you to see how long each building took to renovate.

Just a heads up that even though you request a section you are not guaranteed that section. I requested 70's near Classic Hall for our trip last week and was placed in the 80's section FAR away from my request. It was quite the hike!! The purple arrow shows where my requested room was (via TP) and the yellow arrow shows our actual room location.

View attachment 301064

Yup, I hate walking from those buildings. And I don't want to see the parking lot on my way to the buses. BUT I've tolerated them last few trips for a new room. Can't wait for the resort to be done and I'll be back begging for my 50's .... that's if the rates are still doable after all this.

There was definitely an elevator when we were there because my daughters were fighting over who got to press the buttons!
I use a scooter. Trip in March will be first time staying at POP. Are upper floor walkways wide enough for scooter and someone to be able to pass us or should I request a first floor room?

I use a scooter. Trip in March will be first time staying at POP. Are upper floor walkways wide enough for scooter and someone to be able to pass us or should I request a first floor room?

They are just as wide as first floor. There should be no issues. This photo shows they are the same and how much space there is with the laundry cart on the walkway.

But honestly in over 30 stays I have almost never had to pass or had someone walking with us on our walkway. Crazy a hotel that big and you can feel like there is no one staying around you.

pop-century-pathway-1-9.jpg

As @HopperFan said, you should be just fine. The walkways are plenty wide. I’ll be there in March as well! Have a great trip!

We have walked behind a lady on a scooter on the top floor at POP. We didn't need to pass her but if we had wanted to there was room.

Sorry if this has already been answered, I did not read through all 270 pages. I booked a preferred room last year when the renovations were actually scheduled to be done by my trip in April. I recently got an email saying the 50's pool would not be open at the time of my stay and I read here that they would be renovating the 60's area still in April, does that mean I am wasting money asking for a preferred room?

Sorry if this has already been answered, I did not read through all 270 pages. I booked a preferred room last year when the renovations were actually scheduled to be done by my trip in April. I recently got an email saying the 50's pool would not be open at the time of my stay and I read here that they would be renovating the 60's area still in April, does that mean I am wasting money asking for a preferred room?

Building 5 should be done by the end of March based on the current renovation schedule with building 4 behind it in April. Depending on your dates those buildings plus the preferred view rooms in 70's will be available and chances are one or more buildings in the 50s will be closed.

Building 5 should be done by the end of March based on the current renovation schedule with building 4 behind it in April. Depending on your dates those buildings plus the preferred view rooms in 70's will be available and chances are one or more buildings in the 50s will be closed.
This is exactly what I am hoping for as my April trip is also preferred - I am banking on 50% of those rooms being opened and the other on their way or closing for renovations. I don't get in until 9 PM so when that room assignment comes through it will make my afternoon waiting to leave WAY longer or more exciting LOL

We will be there early morning on the 17th.

We will be there early morning on the 17th.
Buildings are ranging from around 70 to around 90 days. So 80 days from when building closed on Jan 22nd is April 12th. So I would chances are high that 4 will be open by your arrival but that is just my guess by following the progress from my computer.

Buildings are ranging from around 70 to around 90 days. So 80 days from when building closed on Jan 22nd is April 12th. So I would chances are high that 4 will be open by your arrival but that is just my guess by following the progress from my computer.
Just to clarify, the majority of building 4 just closed this week on Feb 5th or 6th so April for building 4 would be an aggressive timeline.

TGIF all POP lovers - system is down at work so of course I resort to Disney planning/stalking :)

For renovation timeline, who do we have as our next super thoughtful onsite updater? I have 60 days and will be more than happy to update at that point but really hoping to have at least another update or two before then.

** Current Status of Pop Renovations ** Updated 1/22/2018

Buildings 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 (70’s, 80's and 90's sections) COMPLETE

Buildings 4 and 5 (60's section) STILL BEING RENOVATED

To date some Standard View Rooms, Standard Pool View Rooms and Preferred View Rooms have been renovated.

This post will be updated as further renovations are completed.

Any info you have to contribute to this post please tag @scrappinginontario or myself.

Historical Refurbishment Date as best we can determine:

Building 8, 90's, started renovation on March 6, 2017, opened on June 8, 2017 (~renovation time 94 days)

Building 9, 80's, started renovation early May 2017, opened approx. July 27, 2017 (~renovation time 80 days)

Building 7, 80's, started renovation early June, 2017, opened approx. Sept 20, 2017 (~renovation time 70 days)

Building 10, 70's, started renovation Aug 1 2017, opened on Oct 31, 2017 (~renovation time 92 days)

Building 6, 70's, started renovation Nov 1, 2017, some rooms opened on Dec 12, 2017 and remainder were opened approx. Jan 13, 2018 (~renovation time for first rooms 42 days with balance of rooms taking 74 days)

Building 5, 60's, started some renovations Dec 12, 2017. Remainder of rooms closed approx. Jan 13, 2018. STILL BEING RENOVATED

Building 4, 60's, started some renovations Jan 22, 2018. STILL BEING RENOVATED

View attachment 281536

popcenturyroomlayoutlarge-jpg.291706

300px-Disney%27s_Pop_Century_Resort_logo.svg.png

Could you answer this question about Pop Century? There seems to be some confusion and your post was referenced: https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-king-beds-and-connecting-rooms.3663315/#post-58798701

Could you answer this question about Pop Century? There seems to be some confusion and your post was referenced: https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-king-beds-and-connecting-rooms.3663315/#post-58798701
Half if the resort is refurbished and half is not. A new room layout document has not been produced. The information in post 2 is as accurate as we know based on what is currently available. If @dansdad says his family has stayed in a king room that is not connecting then I believe that’s accurate but we don’t have an actual post-refurb diagram to reference yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter