Pop Century Room Renovations

Are the new beds pretty comfortable? We stayed DVC at the Poly this year and the beds were on a platform and were terrible. I'm a little wary now, but I've not noticed anyone complaining about the comfort of the beds, so I'm hoping the Poly was a fluke!
We found the beds and pillows to be extremely comfortable.

I liked the pillows so much that I took a picture of the tag and ordered one for myself when I got home!!

Are the new beds pretty comfortable? We stayed DVC at the Poly this year and the beds were on a platform and were terrible. I'm a little wary now, but I've not noticed anyone complaining about the comfort of the beds, so I'm hoping the Poly was a fluke!
IMO the bed is whatever I am always so tired I can sleep on anything, my mattress at home is better and normally I find Hilton beds amazing, but the pillows are awful. I finally found a way to mash one enough to be flat so the second was an ok height. But again I'm in Disney and happy and exhausted so anything is fine when it comes to sleep

IMO the bed is whatever I am always so tired I can sleep on anything, my mattress at home is better and normally I find Hilton beds amazing, but the pillows are awful. I finally found a way to mash one enough to be flat so the second was an ok height. But again I'm in Disney and happy and exhausted so anything is fine when it comes to sleep
Truthfully, I'm usually that way. The experience at the Poly scarred me. The other 4 Disney resorts we've stayed at have been just fine. I assume pop will be just fine too!

Is there any update on where they are on renovating the rooms. What buildings have been completed so far.

Thank you

We thought the beds were really comfortable, but we didn't like the pillows. They were too puffy so it hurt our necks trying to sleep on them.

I love the new beds at Pop Century. I found them extremely comfortable, especially the pillows. We did a split stay at spring break with first half at Pop and the second at the Poly (not DVC). I found a huge difference in the comfort of both the beds and the pillows. The mattress at the Poly seemed worn out and flat (not quite sagging but almost) in places, and the pillows were very uncomfortable. I can't sleep on a firm pillow, but at Poly my only choice was firm or very, very flat (I ended up stacking two flat pillows together). I wished I could have moved the pillows and mattress from Pop over to the Poly along with our luggage!

I have heard of guests asking at Guest Services for information about the new pillows and mattresses and if they are for sale.

Just arrived back at Pop and took a walk around. As we already knew, Buildings 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are completely refurbished and open for occupancy. Building 3 appears completely closed and under renovation. Some rooms, particularly one half of the lake view rooms, appear nearly complete.

Building 2 appears fully open to guests with old style, unrenovated rooms. In a surprise move, though, sections of Building 1 are now closed for renovation, including all pool view rooms. It appeared that at least some rooms on the parking lot side of Building 1 were still occupied and unrenovated.

So, in summary, if you are traveling soon and want a refurbished room, and/or to be away from construction, you want to request 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s. If you want an unrenovated, old style room, request 50s and specifically Building 2 as some renovated rooms in Building 3 of the 50s may open soon.
Thank you for this post. It was extremely helpful in making my room requests. I had been holding out and watching progress of building 3 but it looks like a long shot. I arrive in 2 weeks!

This was posted in another group but many have asked here. Twin air mattress in the new rooms.View attachment 320781

Is that positioned against the door?

Sure looks like it completely blocks the door.

So they blocked the door and part of the mattress is under the bed.

What I also noticed was the large percentage of the mattress the pillow is covering up. I looked up Twin Air Mattress, Youth Air Mattress and Pillow measurements. Going by those this looks more like a youth mattress or perhaps a shorter than normal twin sized mattress. This looks like it could work for a smaller child/adult, but based on where that pillow sits ... if it were me at 5'4" - my feet would be hanging off.

Wish I had done actual measurements here, just from my visual of the space after several trips I don't see how a regular measurement twin would fit, even this way. There is so little floor space now. Hoping more pictures with measurements come up.

Dave Shute article today "Queen Beds at All-Star Movies and Other Disney World Refurb Updates" on his "your first visit" site, with a brief Pop renovation update on the progress of buildings 1 and 3: "In the 50s, Buildings 1 and 3 were being worked on at my visit, so the only bookable non-refurbed rooms were in Building 2."

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter