Pop Century Room Renovations

Just arrived back at Pop and took a walk around. As we already knew, Buildings 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are completely refurbished and open for occupancy. Building 3 appears completely closed and under renovation. Some rooms, particularly one half of the lake view rooms, appear nearly complete.

Building 2 appears fully open to guests with old style, unrenovated rooms. In a surprise move, though, sections of Building 1 are now closed for renovation, including all pool view rooms. It appeared that at least some rooms on the parking lot side of Building 1 were still occupied and unrenovated.

So, in summary, if you are traveling soon and want a refurbished room, and/or to be away from construction, you want to request 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s. If you want an unrenovated, old style room, request 50s and specifically Building 2 as some renovated rooms in Building 3 of the 50s may open soon.

We are here now! After our trip I'll give a review of our room but for now, does anyone know where Uber or Lyft pick up at Pop? Where do they drop off at Epcot? We just waited 37 minutes for a bus!

We are here now! After our trip I'll give a review of our room but for now, does anyone know where Uber or Lyft pick up at Pop? Where do they drop off at Epcot? We just waited 37 minutes for a bus!
We used the Minnie van and there was more than one pick-up spot. We were in building 10 and they were able to pick us up right at that parking lot. I’m not sure if Uber/lyft are the same but I believe the app can show you pick up spots.

Uber picked us up right in the front of Pop Century. I think you can drop the pin in any Pop parking lot, though, if one is closer to where you're staying (like if you're in the 90s, this might be a good choice). At Epcot the rideshare (Uber and Lyft, including Minnie Van when we used it in April) pick up approximately from where the buses are. There are signs. I'm not entirely sure where drop off is, although I think it is the same place. We've only done pick up from Epcot, not drop off.

I took Lyft from Pop this week and had several pickup options to select from. We were in building 8 and got picked up right outside. I will say we had great bus service all week, both to and from parks, but for going to Typhoon Lagoon Lyft was so much better than bus + bus.

I took Lyft from Pop this week and had several pickup options to select from. We were in building 8 and got picked up right outside. I will say we had great bus service all week, both to and from parks, but for going to Typhoon Lagoon Lyft was so much better than bus + bus.

Animal Kingdom yesterday was great! And today we saw 2 busses for the other 3 parks and Disney Springs before Epcot came. Maybe it was a fluke. I guess we'll try the bus again tomorrow! Thanks everyone for the replies!

If you have not looked at the update on POST #2 ........

....... it appears Disney is changing course and skipping Building 2 and started Building 1. :confused3

This will mean more Preferred rooms pulled out of circulation sooner but also mean they will be back sooner ... maybe by time Free Dining starts.

If you have not looked at the update on POST #2 ........

....... it appears Disney is changing course and skipping Building 2 and started Building 1. :confused3

This will mean more Preferred rooms pulled out of circulation sooner but also mean they will be back sooner ... maybe by time Free Dining starts.
LOL! Just when we think we have figured out which order they will refurbish the rooms they change it up!! o_O

oooh this is interesting. I have preferred rooms booked June 1-4 and was planning on requesting 60s because refurbished rooms is our #1 priority BUT that's followed very closely by top floor (I'm taking my parents and they are super sensitive to noise and I want them to want to come back, lol). So now I'm wondering if I should just assume we'll be lucky with refurbished and make our only request top floor....ayyyyyyy. I guess we will see where things stand in a month...

oooh this is interesting. I have preferred rooms booked June 1-4 and was planning on requesting 60s because refurbished rooms is our #1 priority BUT that's followed very closely by top floor (I'm taking my parents and they are super sensitive to noise and I want them to want to come back, lol). So now I'm wondering if I should just assume we'll be lucky with refurbished and make our only request top floor....ayyyyyyy. I guess we will see where things stand in a month...
I would definitely make top floor your only request. As of today, all Preferred rooms are either refurbished or, closed for refurbishment.

oooh thank you, this is excellent info. I studied the diagrams in Post 2 but still wasn't sure!
The Preferred rooms are the ones with a yellow line. I guess technically some of the Preferred Rooms in Building 1 might still be open today but I'm pretty confident that they will be closed by your visit in June.

PP mentioned that some of the rooms in Bldg 3 look to be ready to open soon. I would guess the next set of rooms to be closed in Bldg 1 (if they aren't already) is the balance of the Preferred rooms.

They really threw us for a loop when after 8 buildings, they switched up the rotation. Yup, Disney always keeps us on our toes!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter