• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

Were you offered gift card in place of mousekeeping? Just curious.

Yes. I was going to ask about it anyways, but that was the first thing the CM mentioned when I checked in. She phrased it as, "We have a promotion on right now to skip Mousekeeping." So I got a gift card for $180. :) She told me to call Housekeeping if I needed anything.

Yes. I was going to ask about it anyways, but that was the first thing the CM mentioned when I checked in. She phrased it as, "We have a promotion on right now to skip Mousekeeping." So I got a gift card for $180. :) She told me to call Housekeeping if I needed anything.

Hi! New poster here, but have following along for a while!

Disneylover99, are you able to decline the gift card (or pay back the $20) and have the room cleaned on certain days? Maybe every third day instead of not at all? I think after 3-4 days we would need clean sheets and a vacuum.

Thanks for all the great info everyone, makes trip planning even more fun!

I assume if you skip the front desk by doing online check-in, you will not be offered this option. I guess until this is applied resort-wide, the option to skip mousekeeping won't be added to the website or app.

I assume if you skip the front desk by doing online check-in, you will not be offered this option. I guess until this is applied resort-wide, the option to skip mousekeeping won't be added to the website or app.
Someone, maybe it was in the POFQ thread about the giftcard for skipping mousekeeping, posted that they received a phone call on the room voicemail offering the option to skip housekeeping. I would imagine it would also be possible to call the hotel (or the housekeeping directly) from the room to inquire about and request this.

Hi! New poster here, but have following along for a while!

Disneylover99, are you able to decline the gift card (or pay back the $20) and have the room cleaned on certain days? Maybe every third day instead of not at all? I think after 3-4 days we would need clean sheets and a vacuum.

Thanks for all the great info everyone, makes trip planning even more fun!

I asked this same question on another thread, and the way it was explained to me was that if you declined, you received the gift card for your whole stay (minus one day). If you decided you wanted housekeeping one or two days, they would just charge the $15 back to your folio. So basically you would pay for the housekeeping as you received it via a charge to the room. You are allowed to request clean linens to change the bed yourself, if you want, as well as requesting towels, etc.

I love the new bathroom lighting!! I always thought that the bathroom lighting in the old rooms was too dim.

I liked the new lighting too.

Well, you may not be offered it, but you can still stop by the desk and request it (I did). It seems to be available to everyone.

FUNNY, I posted earlier about how much I disliked the new design, and I still do. But it's funny how you can have a change of perspective:

I believe in doing new things. New experiences. I am at the point in my life where I want to make sure that I go out of my way - to get the best out of life (no matter what current limitations may be prevailing) while I am still a very young 57. Time waits for no one and why not experience something new?? So I have gone from the thought of requesting a room in the same 50's section by the lake that I had last time (2015) - to saying - The heck with it... experience something NEW. So what, I don't like the design. If it's new and available.. just do it for the sake of doing something new and different - and you can at least report that you did it. I'll be going solo. The only one who has to get used to the new design is ME.... and since there's nothing in the new design that's going to "send me to my grave" - request a new room and get the most out of it! Life is short. Enjoy new things. I'm now actually looking forward to the chance of them honoring my request for one of the new rooms. I'm not one who likes change in general and yet with that being said, I have always found that change can be very refreshing! It keeps the mind and spirit fresh and alert! :flower:

Which buildings are newly renovated?
Still just the single 90's building and one 80's building, with the rest of the 80's expected to open very shortly. It might not be a bad idea to read the first couple and newest couple of pages of a long, active thread like this one. Good chance many questions have been asked and answered recently :)

Still just the single 90's building and one 80's building, with the rest of the 80's expected to open very shortly. It might not be a bad idea to read the first couple and newest couple of pages of a long, active thread like this one. Good chance many questions have been asked and answered recently :)

Which 80's building? I could not find the post stating what one. I just assumed the entire section was done after looking over quite a few of the posts.

I just want to be sure when planning for our upcoming trip, thanks!

@Litharia - bldg 9, the 80s building closer to the lobby/bus stops, is fully renovated and open.

Building 7 in the 80s, the one farthest away, is still under construction.

@Litharia - bldg 9, the 80s building closer to the lobby/bus stops, is fully renovated and open.

Building 7 in the 80s, the one farthest away, is still under construction.

Thank you!!!

Wait so building 9 from the 80's block and building 8 which is the 90's block are completed and building 7 is still under construction?

Last edited:
DW and I are arriving the 19th. We requested 80's first choice and 90's second. We work in IT so we were hoping to not be right in front of the giant laptop LOL. Hope the second 80's building is finished before we arrive!

Thank you!!!

Wait so building 9 from the 80's block and building 8 which is the 90's block are completed and building 7 is still under construction?

Yes. 9 & 8 are done. There have been reports that 7 needed some extra work on the building; not sure when it will open.

I can't remember are there any standard pool view rooms in building 9?

Yes, my boyfriend and I had a pool view room last spring. We were on the top floor but had a great view of the pool right below us and the rest of the resort. The easiest way to get to the lobby/transportation though was through the parking lot - which might be unsafe for those with young children, but convenient for us at the time.

- And Thank you karly05 for the clarification!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter