• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

Not sure if this has been asked yet. Has anyone put a pack-n-play in the new bathrooms yet? Is there enough room for the sliding door to close with it in there?

I haven't been in the new rooms, but I do know they did not change the dimensions of the bathroom. Even with a sliding door, I'm willing to bet a pack and play will not fit at all. Those bathrooms are small!

Not sure if this has been asked yet. Has anyone put a pack-n-play in the new bathrooms yet? Is there enough room for the sliding door to close with it in there?

Did you try this before with the old bathrooms? I would guess if it fit in the past it would fit again now but it would be tight and you wouldn't be able to use the bathroom while it was in there. And, if you do...DON'T FLUSH! Those toilets are crazy loud!!!

Although this doesn't answer your question, I can tell you that a pack-n-play does fit next to the door and the murphy bed. My DS and DDIL put theirs there for their daughter. I don't think it would fit in the bathroom area with the door closed, but we didn't try that, so I can't say for sure.

Just got off the phone with a CM as I needed to give them flight info for DME, and wanted to add a request for the 70s section. My bf and I are staying Dec 2017 in a Preferred room, and already had renovated room down as request, but now that we know that the 70s will be our only bet, we decided to make our request more specific if we were on the phone already.

What was interesting was that the CM told me... repeatedly... no matter what I said... that ALL rooms at Pop would be renovated by the end of August. She said that was the schedule they had, and that they had not been behind schedule so that it was 100 percent true. I pointed out to her that only the 80 (one building) and 90s are open, and she was having none of it. Just thought I'd mention this in case someone else runs into this when trying to make requests. I was able to get her off it, and to put my request in by pretending I thought she was right (she very politely told me I was wrong about five times) and saying that regardless we still wanted the 70s, and I had already stayed in the 50s and 60s before so I wanted a change. It was super bizarre.

Just got off the phone with a CM as I needed to give them flight info for DME, and wanted to add a request for the 70s section. My bf and I are staying Dec 2017 in a Preferred room, and already had renovated room down as request, but now that we know that the 70s will be our only bet, we decided to make our request more specific if we were on the phone already.

What was interesting was that the CM told me... repeatedly... no matter what I said... that ALL rooms at Pop would be renovated by the end of August. She said that was the schedule they had, and that they had not been behind schedule so that it was 100 percent true. I pointed out to her that only the 80 (one building) and 90s are open, and she was having none of it. Just thought I'd mention this in case someone else runs into this when trying to make requests. I was able to get her off it, and to put my request in by pretending I thought she was right (she very politely told me I was wrong about five times) and saying that regardless we still wanted the 70s, and I had already stayed in the 50s and 60s before so I wanted a change. It was super bizarre.

:sad2:

Did you try this before with the old bathrooms? I would guess if it fit in the past it would fit again now but it would be tight and you wouldn't be able to use the bathroom while it was in there. And, if you do...DON'T FLUSH! Those toilets are crazy loud!!!

This will actually be the first time we will have stayed at Pop so thanks for the insight!

So you are talking about putting it parallel to the sink? The new closet now stops you from putting it all the way to the wall so it would be blocking entry to toilet - if it even fits.

Here is the photo from EasyWDW http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/review-refurbished-pop-century-room/

You can see the closet to left, toilet door to right ... that is tight.

refurbished_pop_century_room-9.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: I would have bit my tongue from saying "Here's your sign!"

Not sure what she is reading but it's certainly not the work permit ...

Well she was consistent in the Disney reputation phone CM's giving out bad info.

So I think I figured out how to fund my next trip=I am going to put 5 dollars in a jar every time I hear a story about a phone CM giving out bad info. I'll be back at Disney in no time!

Anyone know if any of the other buildings have been renovated and are able to be requested?

Thanks!

I stayed at Pop last week in one of the refurbed rooms. I liked it, especially not having carpet. It was just me, so I never used the table bed, but it was nice to have the table to sit at. The one negative, and it's a little silly, is that the bathroom lighting is very harsh. It magnified every little wrinkle, blemish and pore on my face. It was a little shocking! I last stayed at Pop 2 years ago and don't remember the bathroom lighting being that bad. So just be warned!

I stayed at Pop last week in one of the refurbed rooms. I liked it, especially not having carpet. It was just me, so I never used the table bed, but it was nice to have the table to sit at. The one negative, and it's a little silly, is that the bathroom lighting is very harsh. It magnified every little wrinkle, blemish and pore on my face. It was a little shocking! I last stayed at Pop 2 years ago and don't remember the bathroom lighting being that bad. So just be warned!
Ugh. So glad I got a non refurbished room today. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter