Pop Century Room Renovations

Does anyone know when they will be starting with building 10 and 6? I am "hoping" by December they will have at least 10 done.

Does anyone know when they will be starting with building 10 and 6? I am "hoping" by December they will have at least 10 done.
I'm not sure when they'll start those. Apparently building 7 needed more work than had been thought. I am hoping that building 10 (LOL. I typed 20 by mistake) will be done by Thanksgiving!

I'm not sure when they'll start those. Apparently building 7 needed more work than had been thought. I am hoping that building 10 (LOL. I typed 20 by mistake) will be done by Thanksgiving!

There were several reports of people seeing furniture and mattresses being removed from building 10 beginning about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I think it's safe to say that work has started on that building. :) Turnaround time seems to be about 90 days...but that's not set in stone. So, I think there's a good chance that building 10 will be complete by December barring any unusual circumstances. Building 7 is rumored to be opening this week (time will tell if that actually happens) so work on Building 6 should start as soon as Building 7 is back in inventory. That one may or may not be open by December.

I have a reservation for 9/30-10/9 for a standard room. I requested 90's and high floor in online check in. What do you all think my chances are of getting it? I have two teens- my son is 6' and daughter is 5'9". We need queen beds. I have another reservation at CBR that I hope to be able to cancel.

I have a reservation for 9/30-10/9 for a standard room. I requested 90's and high floor in online check in. What do you all think my chances are of getting it? I have two teens- my son is 6' and daughter is 5'9". We need queen beds. I have another reservation at CBR that I hope to be able to cancel.

If you want a refurbished room I would request that and leave off the floor that you want. If you have both options the room planners may give you an upper floor but not a refurbished room. Judy a thought based on what I've learned from others,

If you want a refurbished room I would request that and leave off the floor that you want. If you have both options the room planners may give you an upper floor but not a refurbished room. Judy a thought based on what I've learned from others,

So when requesting is it better to leave off the floor you might want especially if you want a refurbished room? What about maybe specifically asking for a certain building?

Also I currently have a preferred room booked before I found out the pop century is being refurbished. Even though I put that I want a refurbished room down as my request could that affect my chances or better them? (this is my first time booking a preferred room)

I'm just wondering since we have an upcoming trip!

So when requesting is it better to leave off the floor you might want especially if you want a refurbished room? What about maybe specifically asking for a certain building?

Also I currently have a preferred room booked before I found out the pop century is being refurbished. Even though I put that I want a refurbished room down as my request could that affect my chances or better them? (this is my first time booking a preferred room)

When is your trip? Currently the buildings with new refurbed rooms aren't preferred. Furniture has been reported to being moved out of rooms in building 10, in 70's section. This is the first building to be worked on with preferred rooms. Thoughts are that it may be finished by late November.

if you have a preferred room booked and travel before any preferred rooms are renovated, you at get an old room at this time depending on the requests for refurbished rooms from those who booked standard rooms.

I really don't have any stats on number of people who booked and paid for a preferred room but are getting a refurbished room as technically Disney is then giving you less than you paid for.

I am busy going back and forth in my mind if I want to request a specific room or "get what I get and don't get upset" because sometimes that works out better, hmmmmm........

Just noticed my ticker is off, we are there next week.

if you have a preferred room booked and travel before any preferred rooms are renovated, you at get an old room at this time depending on the requests for refurbished rooms from those who booked standard rooms.

I really don't have any stats on number of people who booked and paid for a preferred room but are getting a refurbished room as technically Disney is then giving you less than you paid for.

But if we request a specific building would that help? We are going in a couple of weeks - and would really prefer the new rooms due to the Queen sized bed, my boyfriend is a bit to large to fit with the full sized beds.

But if we request a specific building would that help? We are going in a couple of weeks - and would really prefer the new rooms due to the Queen sized bed, my boyfriend is a bit to large to fit with the full sized beds.

You can request a specific building and that might help but there is no guarantee Disney will honour your request as by doing so they are giving you less than you paid for. Your better option if you really want a refurbished room is to try and change your room to a standard room.

While you may be happy being 'downgraded' to a standard room, most people would not and could get upset paying for something they are not given.

You may wish to fax your request explaining you have paid for a preferred room but are requesting a refurbished standard room.

Hope you get one but I don't want to get your hopes up.

You can request a specific building and that might help but there is no guarantee Disney will honour your request as by doing so they are giving you less than you paid for. Your better option if you really want a refurbished room is to try and change your room to a standard room.

While you may be happy being 'downgraded' to a standard room, most people would not and could get upset paying for something they are not given.

You may wish to fax your request explaining you have paid for a preferred room but are requesting a refurbished standard room.

Hope you get one but I don't want to get your hopes up.

Thank you. This was my first time booking preferred so I have no idea what it entails. Since we're going down in a little over a week do you think that's too short
Of notice and would it be better just to call the reservations or talk directly to the hotel?

We really would prefer the new rooms just out of ease for both of us. We have a lot of electronics to charge to so the new charging ports will come incredibly handy!

There were several reports of people seeing furniture and mattresses being removed from building 10 beginning about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I think it's safe to say that work has started on that building. :) Turnaround time seems to be about 90 days...but that's not set in stone. So, I think there's a good chance that building 10 will be complete by December barring any unusual circumstances. Building 7 is rumored to be opening this week (time will tell if that actually happens) so work on Building 6 should start as soon as Building 7 is back in inventory. That one may or may not be open by December.

Thank you. I hope they will be done with 10 but I will be happy with whatever I get. As long as it is what I requested.

I know there are no guarantees on room requests, but for those of you who have been lately and requested refurbished rooms, how likely am I to get a refurbished room if I request 80s or 90s buildings? I am going the 2nd week of September. I have read that not everybody is as aware of the rooms being redone as people on Disney sites like these, but just sort of wondering how many people got their request and how many people didn't.

I know there are no guarantees on room requests, but for those of you who have been lately and requested refurbished rooms, how likely am I to get a refurbished room if I request 80s or 90s buildings?

Your best chance to get a refurbished room would be to request one and make that your only request.

Going in January and have 3 rooms linked. I requested refurb rooms when I booked through TA. (I know it's only a request!) Would each room have to request refurbs? We'd also like to be close together, but refurb is our main priority.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter