Pop Century Room Renovations

Has anyone stayed in a room on the first floor that was next to the stairs? If so was being next to the stairs an issue in regards to the noise?

Last edited:
Is it 1 reservation with 3 rooms or 3 separate reservations? If it's 3 separate reservations I would add request for refurbished room to each.

I know there are no guarantees on room requests, but for those of you who have been lately and requested refurbished rooms, how likely am I to get a refurbished room if I request 80s or 90s buildings? I am going the 2nd week of September. I have read that not everybody is as aware of the rooms being redone as people on Disney sites like these, but just sort of wondering how many people got their request and how many people didn't.

This was the first time I ever sent a room request fax, simply asked for a refurbished room, included res #, dates, name, etc, and was successful. It's impossible to know how many are granted, too many variables.

It's 3 separate reservations, but I made all 3 (for 3 families) and everything on MDE is linked.

Linked in MDE is not linked in the reservation system. Have your TA call the Main Reservations line and give the CM all 3 confirmation nunbers and ask them to link them as traveling with.

Has anyone stayed in a room on the first floor that was next to the stairs? If so was being next to the stairs an issue in regards to the noise?

Yes, and No. In February this year, I stayed on the ground floor of building 10 (70s - Big Wheel), facing the courtyard side at the end closest to Classic Hall (room 0161). I was really unaware of foot traffic outside. The stairs are set back somewhat from the facade of the bldg and slightly out from the side of it, so they are not right up against your room.

Do I need to call/fax the request for our Dec trip or can I request a renovated room by going online and through our reservation? I looked on the site, but didn't see where to put the request in.

Do I need to call/fax the request for our Dec trip or can I request a renovated room by going online and through our reservation? I looked on the site, but didn't see where to put the request in.

It's not an option during Online Check In and as you saw there's no place to write in any requests. Your best bet is to call the Main Reservations line and add that request to your reservation.

Last edited:
There are definitely still going to be king rooms. We've seen pictures (there are pictures somewhere in this thread). Everything I've read indicates that the room configurations won't change -- there will still be king standard rooms; king accessible rooms; and queen (2X) rooms. The only change that seems to have occurred is that some standard rooms now have only a walk-in shower rather than a shower/tub combination. I don't think anyone has figured out if there is a pattern as to where those rooms are located, but I've seen a few different trip reports from people who have been in a renovated room with only a shower.

I know there is at least one handicap accessible room with a roll-in shower at AS Music that has both a king and a double bed in the room (I have no idea how those 2 beds physically fit in one room -- maybe the bathroom is laid out differently and gives the main part of the room a few more inches of space). I haven't actually seen pictures, but there is someone on another message board who has stayed in this room several times. And I've seen other people mention it as well.
Just to clarify, the double is a second room adjoining king room.

I know there are no guarantees on room requests, but for those of you who have been lately and requested refurbished rooms, how likely am I to get a refurbished room if I request 80s or 90s buildings? I am going the 2nd week of September. I have read that not everybody is as aware of the rooms being redone as people on Disney sites like these, but just sort of wondering how many people got their request and how many people didn't.
80s and 90s are supposed to be both done. We stayed in building 8 a week ago and it was fine.

Just to clarify, the double is a second room adjoining king room.

Thank you for clarifying. The person who always talks about that room (or I guess it should be "rooms") always made it sound like it was one room. She always says, "we booked our special room" or "we have to have a certain room"...always referring to it in the singular form. I'm guessing she just always keeps the connecting door open and it feels like one big room to her. I could never understand how there was space for both of those beds in a standard room.

It's not an option during Online Check In and as you saw there's no place to write in any requests. Your best bet is to call the Main Reservations line and add that request to your reservation.

I tried calling to add "refurbished room" as a room request and the CM said they weren't able to put that down as a request. She said I could request a building though. And I pushed it further and asked if she could tell me which buildings had refurbished rooms and she said they weren't able to supply that information. (Which I kind of expected.) She did however ask me what kind of room I booked (standard) and she said "oh that's good". (Which means she knew more than she was telling me lol).

So my question is: I booked a standard room, and have my online check in requests as "near transportation" and "ground floor". I really don't care which section we're in, I just think it would be great to get a refurbished room. Is faxing the only way to convey this?

I tried calling to add "refurbished room" as a room request and the CM said they weren't able to put that down as a request. She said I could request a building though. And I pushed it further and asked if she could tell me which buildings had refurbished rooms and she said they weren't able to supply that information. (Which I kind of expected.) She did however ask me what kind of room I booked (standard) and she said "oh that's good". (Which means she knew more than she was telling me lol).

So my question is: I booked a standard room, and have my online check in requests as "near transportation" and "ground floor". I really don't care which section we're in, I just think it would be great to get a refurbished room. Is faxing the only way to convey this?

Unfortunately you got a misinformed Phone CM. My Aunt just called and added a request of refurbished room Monday. I would call back.

Thank you! I'll keep trying.
Yes, keep trying. Several people on this board have been able to request a refurbished room and many have been successful in getting one. I hope you'll get lucky too!

If you have to request a building, it's building 8 (90's) and building 9 (80's) at this point. I don't think 7 (also 80's) has reopened yet.

Thanks for the answers. I have one more question - if I call or fax to request a refurbished room, how far in advance works best? I am there in three weeks and not sure if I should request now or closer to the trip. Thanks again!

Thanks for the answers. I have one more question - if I call or fax to request a refurbished room, how far in advance works best? I am there in three weeks and not sure if I should request now or closer to the trip. Thanks again!
You can make your request at any time. The room assigners will begin assigning rooms about 3-5 days before your arrival, so as long as you make a request before then, you will be fine. It's all kept on file until needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter