Poolrat and GoofyFan's Great Adventure- Wilderness in August edition- 8/15 Last day REALLY !!!!!

Better late than never, as the saying goes! ;) Will go back to catch up....thanks, Marv, for letting me know about the TR...would not want to miss this one!

Stayed at VWL once late November and have wanted to go back...although not sure for an August trip it would be my resort choice. Of course, I LOVE the EWP (we could sort of see it through the trees from our studio).

I don't think anyone else shares my love of Disney bathrooms/pics. ::yes::

The VWL, knowing there will be bathroom pics and two great DISers makes for a TR I do not want to miss. Time to catch up! :goodvibes

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

I'm going to try and jump back into trip reports and hopefully keep up. We have a trip planned for Easter Week with a wedding squeezed in.

Looking forward to your trip report.

Sounds like you had a better meal at Cracker Barrel than I did (or should say, didn't)!

I think that parking spot is at DHS.

Finally subbing . I finally last night was going to Dis when Kyle jumped on and I fell asleep before he was done !!!!!!

As already stated above, I’m GoofyFan, of wearing shorts fame! :rolleyes2 To some I’m known as Marv, One way to do that is with a new username GoofyFan1515, which seemed a logical choice because I’ve always been a fan of Goofy, he’s the official mascot of the DIS Dad’s Club, and...........well frankly, I can just be a little bit Goofy myself! :goofy:
:

First I have to comment on you being a LITTLE GOOFY!!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:That is an understatement . :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:Before I met you I was a SWETT Innocent little old Lady!!;):confused3:rotfl2:

First I have to comment on you being a LITTLE GOOFY!!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:That is an understatement . :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:Before I met you I was a SWETT Innocent little old Lady!!;):confused3:rotfl2:

Swett? that sounds dangerous!! I guess meeting Marv has now turned you in a SWEET innocent lady! He is such a positive influence on everyone!

Fun drive to WDW and may I ask, we always use those back roads - far shorter drive than using the regular road. ;)

I wonder if Rosie's checked out those poles yet.....?

The back way in?? We need to talk!

Not sure Rosie KNOWS about THOSE poles. :rotfl2:

Oh yes - I found actually having a car down there has expanded my horizons. :goodvibes

Better late than never, as the saying goes! ;) Will go back to catch up....thanks, Marv, for letting me know about the TR...would not want to miss this one!

Glad you are here and sorry about the delay in welcomes.
Hope you are doing better. :hug:

Stayed at VWL once late November and have wanted to go back...although not sure for an August trip it would be my resort choice. Of course, I LOVE the EWP (we could sort of see it through the trees from our studio).

I will say there are advantages and disadvantages to VWL in Aug. ;)

Well you will see the view in a bit ...

I don't think anyone else shares my love of Disney bathrooms/pics. ::yes::

The VWL, knowing there will be bathroom pics and two great DISers makes for a TR I do not want to miss. Time to catch up! :goodvibes

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

I think I may have pictures of all of them..... At least the larger ones.

I'm going to try and jump back into trip reports and hopefully keep up. We have a trip planned for Easter Week with a wedding squeezed in.

Looking forward to your trip report.

Welcome !!!! Sounds like a great trip. I did Easter once.. :eek: then I did NYE, not sure which was worse.

Sounds like you had a better meal at Cracker Barrel than I did (or should say, didn't)!

I think that parking spot is at DHS.

GLENN!!!! We did have a better meal. The one Waltersboro is always quick and clean.

You may be correct. :idea:

Finally subbing . I finally last night was going to Dis when Kyle jumped on and I fell asleep before he was done !!!!!!

I know that feeling. I hate that you are so tired and HEY - I thought you weren't going to let Kyle or the girls use the new computer. :eek:

:rotfl2:

Special bathroom picture, please! :yay:

OKay - I will see I might have a couple. :lmao:

Swett? that sounds dangerous!! I guess meeting Marv has now turned you in a SWEET innocent lady! He is such a positive influence on everyone!
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Fun drive to WDW and may I ask, we always use those back roads - far shorter drive than using the regular road. ;)

Ohhh you know the secret then. I am starting to enjoy having the car and exploring

I'm enjoying the trip report. Thanks for sharing.

Welcome - Glad you are here.

FROZEN FUN

Finally on property through a “back” gate and around to the first park. We parked in Music 55 and trammed it to the entrance.

If you were not sure of the park here is a hint.

DHS here we come!!! I never noticed that little top part before.

We spot a Star Wars Dress.

The theme for the summer and now into the winter.

No entrance into DHS is complete without this guy.

Well Marv and Olaf had to say hi to Bo.

We both picked up an “Olaf on a stick” and had some fun with him most of the day.

The screen was set up on Hollywood Blvd and would later be part of the fireworks show.

But now Olaf was snoozing and getting some sun.

Our first FP+ was for ToT. Our window was 4:35-5:35. Using the 5 minute early technique we entered the line at 4:30.

Olaf joined us.

Once inside the library I finally got a shot of this. Anyone remember this episode of Twilight Zone?

So glad to be back on property. Can you tell?

Our next FP+ window did not open until 5:50 so we had some down time.
We were also a little hungry and we know how food choices can be in DHS. However, the Brown Derby has their patio with a bar and some tapas style food so it sounded interesting, especially the drinks.

We had checked before ToT to make sure we didn’t need a reservation. No reservations needed and they had a bar set up outside on the patio.
We ordered one of these

Marv had the Ready Freddy Fiddlesticks since it had pomegranate in it and then the other two we both could sip on. Pomegranate is one thing I had pretty strange reaction to and finally figured out what it was after being sick at Disney a few times.

This is what else they had to offer drink wise.

I think you can figure out which one was which, but Pomegranate, classic and then mango.

Well those were good but well it was hot and out food had not arrived yet. So we ordered more drinks these were the specials.

From the Disney Food Blog:
Two adult libations will be available as well: the Summer Berry Margarita, and the Blue Dream, a mix of Citrus Vodka, Blue Curacao, Peach Schnapps, Sweet-and-Sour Mix, and Pineapple Juice. Oh, and those happily glow, too!

Blue Dream is the tall, well, blue one for the tall one and Margarita was the short one - for the short one.

Olaf may or may not have gotten a sip. And yes that woman was so jealous. :lmao:

Our food was: Derby Sliders - Wagyu beef with cognac-mustard aioli, smoked gouda cheese, bacon and avocado, AND house-made chorizo with chipotle mayo, manchego cheese, pickles and crispy onions $16.00
We decided to share this and we made appropriate adjustments for my allergies

Looking back I think one was a pork slider and the other beef. No chorizo. Also some kind of slaw and maybe mango chutney?

I am sure this is the sauce for the beef slider….on the side.

It was good and just filling enough to absorb the alcohol and leave room for a snack later. ;)

It was a great way to start vacation. We people watched as the band was playing at the frozen stage. There was a dad dancing for his daughter, numerous interesting outfits, and maybe a child having a fit. I got pictures of none of it to protect the innocent.:rolleyes1

We paid the bill and the moron that I am , I had not transferred over all my credit cards over to the “park “bag and we could not tap and go since we were not checked in to a Disney Resort. Since I have a Disney VISA I like to use that to reap the "rewards"

So is it washing dishes or Disney Jail????

Luckily we had some cash to cover the bill. :teeth:

After some sobering moments with the bill then a fit of giggles realizing what we did, it was off to our next adventure I mean FP+

Brown Derby was one of my favorite meals (lunch solo with an Apricot Sour and Cobb Salad) I didn't know they had a patio bar now. So, Yeah, all in all, you've done my favorite ride AND one of my favorite places in like an hour.

That lady OUGHTTA be jealous! ;)

You've made me hungry and thirsty just reading this update.

I love the Olaf's on a stick. I hope he kept his shape well in the heat.

Tower of Terror is my favorite thrill ride. It's the perfect ride to start a vacation.

I'm really glad you didn't have to wash dishes. That would be a terrible start.

All caught up! Happy New Year Pat and Marv!

Good to see you didn't have Glenn's Cracker Barrel luck. And it's always great to be on Disney property, isn't it? You guys are off to a great start.

The ToT picture is hilarious!:thumbsup2:rotfl2:

I'm a little worried about seeing all the places Olaf On A Stick is going to end up, thought...:scared1:

Love the jealous woman in the photo. :laughing:

I'm glad you didn't have to do dishes to pay for your meal, although I'm sure Marv would've been happy to take your share.

Glad your drive down was uneventful... no trees across the road or getting pulled over by the po-po. :rotfl2:

Thanks for the scenic tour... how did you like seeing the 'backside of Disney'? :rotfl2:

I've always been scared to eat at HBD... not sure if it is the prices or the fact that I would be bringing 3 small kids in there. But eating outside on the patio seems like a doable option someday.

You toll booth sneaks you!

LOL. Still that's kind of cool, and interesting.

Something about the phrase "favorite offsite Hampton Inn" just sounds...

hmmn.

:rotfl2:

Fun at DHS, I wonder if that berry margarita is the same as the berry merry (or merry berry) I can't recall, from the holidays. That was yummy. I would like to try some of the items on the Derby lounge menu, maybe in Feb.

Olaf may or may not have gotten a sip. And yes that woman was so jealous. :lmao:

:rotfl2: This is an awesome picture!

So I am caught up properly! It must be great to be able to drive to Disney. I wish.

It's always good to have a favorite off site Disney hotel. I found a Fairfield Inn right near the airport that is my new "go to" arrival hotel.

Bummer for leaving your credit card behind. Glad you didn't have to wash any Disney dishes.

Love the picture on ToT. I think we definitely need a group ToT ride in February. It's always more fun as a group.

Looking forward to more HS fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter