Poolrat and GoofyFan's Great Adventure- Wilderness in August edition- 8/15 Last day REALLY !!!!!

This is one I definitely can't miss. Just wonder how long it will take the one in his shirts to put up his intro?????:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Relatively speaking, and based on my history...........not long at all. :blush: :rolleyes1

And thanks for clearing that one up. You never know with Marv. :rotfl2:
Wouldn't matter.........with the makeup and wig, you still wouldn't recognize me........ ;)

Well, thank God he's wearing at least one shirt!!! :lmao:
Those pictures may or may not still be in play for later in the TR....... :eek:

Popping in to wish Pat and Marv and your families a very

Thanks Kathy! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!! :santa:

And to everyone who has joined us so far.................. :welcome:

Yeah! Found it! Thanks for the hint, Marv!

Going back to read now after saving my spot!

AND

ummmm.... yea. I'm going to attempt to keep up here. :scared:

Also we are planning on a mid to late Aug WDW trip... curious to see how yours turns out. :)

^^ I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep trying to talk EVERYONE into planning an Oct, 2016 trip... Just sayin'

I am here! And while I won't pretend that I can stay caught up on anything anymore, I certainly will try :lmao:

Joining the fun, from the beginning this time.
:cool1:

Glad you are here!!!!

ummmm.... yea. I'm going to attempt to keep up here. :scared:

Also we are planning on a mid to late Aug WDW trip... curious to see how yours turns out. :)

Well you know how I have been lately. :rolleyes: WE can certainly give you a heads up on Aug. :rolleyes1

^^ I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep trying to talk EVERYONE into planning an Oct, 2016 trip... Just sayin'

:rotfl2::rotfl2: the more the merrier.

I am here! And while I won't pretend that I can stay caught up on anything anymore, I certainly will try :lmao:

Hey, I of all people, get it. :lmao: Glad you made it over.

I am working Sat and Sun and with hopefully nothing major going on, I hope to get some writing done. :rolleyes1

I'll take that as a yes! Done deal. Last time we met up was at AK at the Tambu, I believe or very near the Tusker House while this really hot, rockin' African music group was jammin'. Yes??

Maybe you'd be interested in helping me plan some meet ups for the Oct, 2016 Trip??

We need to talk...

I'll take that as a yes! Done deal. Last time we met up was at AK at the Tambu, I believe or very near the Tusker House while this really hot, rockin' African music group was jammin'. Yes??

Maybe you'd be interested in helping me plan some meet ups for the Oct, 2016 Trip??

We need to talk...

Very probable...... I do remember pretty much spotting you at DHS outside TSMM but I know we hung around a bit during that trip since my DS was off being a solo teenager. :lmao:

Very probable...... I do remember pretty much spotting you at DHS outside TSMM but I know we hung around a bit during that trip since my DS was off being a solo teenager. :lmao:

Yes, I do remember that day too. We had a lot of fun!! :) And we should do it again next year. (Ok, I use that term loosely... and what's hard to believe, I can actually say that in 3 days!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:)

Just found this....and of course I have to join in!!!!

Glad you found it. I have not had time to send out a bat signal. :goodvibes

Yes, I do remember that day too. We had a lot of fun!! :) And we should do it again next year. (Ok, I use that term loosely... and what's hard to believe, I can actually say that in 3 days!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:)

Yes, we should do it again. :goodvibes

Travel Day - Aug 8th

If you remember from the smooth sailing TR, I like to get an early start. That trip an early start got interrupted 15 minutes into it by some still unknown road blockage for 45 min.

This time I could navigate and check all the traffic apps as well as the DOT site for ANYTHING that might be keeping us from the final destination this time while GoofyFan did the driving. The app WAZE is my friend.
We started out here:

Yes I know I won’t make it on the miles I have left in my range but gas is way cheaper in SC so since we are passing through….

The first part of the drive was pretty uneventful ( no sudden road blocks this time) but breakfast was in order around 8 so we located a

Some have had slow service ( Glennbo) So I made sure I timed it. The picture above was at 8:02 and ......

We were pulling out at 8:55. And we had a good breakfast too.
By 11 am we were crossing into Florida.

No Dr. V this time. For those of you new to my TRs Dr. V is Dr. Vastectomy. He has his picture on a billboard advertising his practice through the Jacksonville area. But I think we did spot him way south of Jacksonville, maybe on I-4 this time. Not quick enough to snap a pic though.

My WAZE app warns us of lots of cops but nothing that is stopping or slowing down traffic.

By 1:45pm I saw this.

Offsite was the name of the game for the evening so in a few minutes we pulled into my favorite Disney Hampton Inn.

We quickly brought the stuff we would need for the night and thought we had done some time travel.

What the heck happened between the parking lot and the room. Check in didn't take THAT long.:rotfl2:

Nope it was 2:03…. After changing the time and travelling back in time we were set to go.

I had checked the Disney map and saw a back way onto property. Since we were not in a huge rush since this really was bonus time, we decided to explore a bit.

So if you ever went off property by the DTD, down Hotel Plaza Blvd, you come to a light and the Crossing shopping center is there. The Hampton is down Palm parkway.

Usually the way back on property is making a left at the end of Palm Parkway then a right then through the low Mickey and friends portal, but this time we were going straight.

Soon, we starting seeing familiar poles.

We knew we were going the right way.

According to the little information I had, we needed to make a left at Vista Blvd.

Is that it?

A little closer

Yup and we were not in the left turn lane. Oops so down a light and u–turn it is.

As we drive down Vista Blvd and see lots of signs for various Disney areas. Construction, electrical, etc.

I was able to catch

Yup Vista Blvd and Dopey Drive.

And Mickey ear signs.

Soon I was in very familiar surroundings. We passed the Fort.

And then the approach to MK.

We now had our best route to WL where we were checking in the next day but we discovered something else.

We got on property and through some maneuvering could get into the TTC parking lot WITHOUT PASSING THROUGH THE TOLLBOOTH!! Now we are in no way suggesting this but found it rather interesting.

Our first park was not MK so we moseyed on. Ended up behind

Looks like a new crosswalk for the Poly.

Our destination that day put us in this parking section. Care to guess the park?

It sounds like the drive was pretty uneventful. :thumbsup2

I remember reading of Glenn's woes with service at the Cracker place.

I'm glad you figured out the backdoor route to your resort for the next day.

I am going to guess that you ended up at the Studios.

A little birdie told me that our trips may overlap in May. It would be so nice to see you again.

I'm here! Can't wait to hear all about it. :thumbsup2

Welcome- So glad you made it over. Join the fun. :cool1:

It sounds like the drive was pretty uneventful. :thumbsup2

I remember reading of Glenn's woes with service at the Cracker place.

I'm glad you figured out the backdoor route to your resort for the next day.

I am going to guess that you ended up at the Studios.

A little birdie told me that our trips may overlap in May. It would be so nice to see you again.

There is nothing better than an uneventful drive. :thumbsup2

I had seen it on the map- back when they included one in the welcome brochure- and since it is not official it was not completely marked, between that and google maps I was reasonably sure I could make it onto property without having to deal with DTD construction.

I heard that too about our trips overlapping. May is a recent addition... and a very short trip.

As for your guess.... :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter